What Would Be THE Worst Curse for a Flashaholic??

I will be curious to read that article.

It's been a very long time since I delved into the StarTrek universe, but IIRC, Q was basically at the top of the food chain. To me it seemed like Picard treated Q in such a way because Picard realized that to Q it was all a game... refusing to play was the only way he could exert control.

Telling us about his latest 15 piece purchase no doubt. I hope so as I’m not in his weight class for posting up on you and Scaru. His enthusiasm was infectious. There are others that dropped off due to NZS et al and they are missed.

I was way off, I was thinking blindness.

Given the big Star Trek theme to the answers…

Every time you turn on a light the Empath shows up and starts muttering inane and obvious things. Simultaneously the holodeck malfunctions threatening the existence of the very fabric of space time.

somehow this is appropriate for this thread

Worst curse is “You are developing blindness and photophobia at the same time.”

Becoming blind would be near the top of the list. Just think, you wouldn’t be able to tell if the batteries are fresh or not.

You can hire a maid to help you out to make sure batteries are fresh. :wink:

Worst cure? Having to be a member a CPF. :stuck_out_tongue:

You forgot one……

Blindness. :_(

To be given all the lights you ever want, any light new/old and in any quantity, but no batteries, not even one. >)

I voted for A since it would likely kill us all.

I have even better - all the flashlight, but no batteries but ebay 10 sec runtime ones.

For me - the worse curse would definitely be to have to use these shake or press craplamps while all around would be using the high power models with no effort and “what a gay” looks on their faces .)

Ok, ok, everyone keeps saying blindness, but that is a life-altering condition. You wouldn’t be thinking about lights, much less going out by yourself or finding something in a crawl space. I was talking about something so odd and annoying that would affect flashlight experiences in various little-but-plaguing ways.

It actually shakes down pretty easy; for those of you who said A. that perpetual sunlight would be the worst (assuming for the moment that it wouldn’t kill the planet), it wouldn’t because you’d still have indoor showdowns, though it would suck.

Those of you who said B. all EDCS would be vanished, well, the new standard of EDC would come along and yes, it would suck, but it wouldnt be the worst.

C. The one-world government option isn’t that convincing because due to issues with large areas and resources, it couldn’t be enforced—much like living in a very policed neighborhood with lumen ordinances. This would be the best option of the sucky ones.

D. would be worst, of course, because that would mean LED technology could only come along when they could be based on something else. Until then, we’d be incan people again.

OK! Now you’re thinking! Only having crap GTL and UF recycle batteries would be a bad curse! Wished I had thought of that.

Ok, no more blindness.

Worst curse I can think of:
Your wife and kids are missing in total darkness while you all camp in the forest, and all you have is small AAA 12 lumens EDC because your 75W HID has just decided to quit on you.

I already have photophobia. :frowning: I have to be careful not to play with my EA4W indoors as the high modes can trigger a migraine.

Surely you meant the empath then as the biggest curse. :wink:

Sorry to hear that. I heard someone told me that he can’t look into SR95S UT hotspot as that will trigger migraine to him either. He and I don’t know that is photophobia.

Ok, another worst curse.

Your flashaholic hobby has turned into agony that it emptied your bank account, your family quarrelled with you every time new flashlight reach your house, after 3 years of war at home, at the end, you promised not to buy anymore flashlight and this time you won’t break the promise and you swear to god in front of them last night. This morning, you receive 3 separate emails from Fenix to sell you RC40 at $99, Olight to sell you SR95S UT at $149 and Polarion to sell you PH40 at $299 to thank you as selected premium loyal customer. Now you have to decide.

sounds worse then a gambling problem