What Would Be THE Worst Curse for a Flashaholic??

if the government regulated lights to 95 lumens, how would automotive headlights work?

A. Perpetual sunlight everywhere.

I would build units that focused that light - ant burners - throw would then be measured by the distance at which you can kill a healthy carpenter ant.

B. A Douwd (an immortal being like the Q from Star Trek: TNG) vanishing all EDCs everywhere.

no problem, I’ll put my DRY on a neck lanyard.

C. A one-world government where all lights are for some reason fiercely regulated to 95 lumens max no matter the task.

I will make an assault light - 25 of these 95 lumen flashlights all hooked together with belt fed 18650s. Legislators don’t understand flashlights well enough for me NOT to design around their regulations.

D. That Douwd comes back and thinks all phosphor out of existence.

This would suck.

95 regulated OTF lumens ain’t bad for AAA lights.

The Government bans on high lumens flashlights is BY FAR the most realistic scenario and the one we would actually have problems with.
A few municipalities are already doing this, and all it takes is 1 idiot shining his dad’s 10,000 lumen thrower at a helicopter or something to cause this to happen.

Look at various shootings and stuff… soon as they are over, theres immediately a big push for more gun control.

The only reason they arent banned yet is because nobody has done anything stupid quite yet.

Imagine needing to apply for a “flashlight permit”… :frowning:

It's already illegal to illuminate an aircraft, or the path of that aircraft, regardless of what you use to do it.

Flashlights don't have anywhere near the same reach (yet) but you only need to look at lasers to see what would happen, in so far as new laws are concerned.