What would you like to see happen in 2018?

Emisar D4 on sale.

An 18650 based, warm temp (2500-2700) lantern for under $30. Something in the range of candle to very warm incandescent to be used in a tent for camping.

Skilhunt H03 offered with nichia.

A budget XHP50.2 light.

+1000! Hells yes!!! I’ll buy that for sure.

How about a drop-in-kit for the GT… for a triple XHP70.2 12k lumen setup? With the XHP35 in the center for throw?

More lights with Narsil based ramping UI?

A 26650 based mini Q8 - or fat D4?

I would love to see a flashlight with a high output lumen, somewhere in the range of 12/15 thousand lumens, that can throw 2/3 mile range and has a 3/4 million candella.
I don’t think an XHP 35.2 will do the job, whenever Cree decides to come out with it, but it would be awesome to see a project like that taking root here. I’m sure it would sell like hotcakes.
Any takers?

So let met get this straight. Nobody wants to see happen in 2018 world peace, end to hunger and famine, end to cancer, love, good health, end to racism and prejudice…
We just want mo’ flashlights right? OK we on the same page. :stuck_out_tongue:

What about a trip or quad SST-40 light with a long tube for three 18650 cells. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

Mini Q8

A mini Q8 would be awesome! :smiley: :+1:

May I vote you for miss BLF awatd? lol

I want to see Jaxman come up with a soda can style light with high lumens. I also want to see some Nichia 319A/B/C as options for lights!

Yes to Convoys in AA/14500 around 500 lumens at the high end with the UI set to Hi,Med,low. Maybe in titanium.

- better tints & high CRI

- more 1x26650 lights

- more OP reflectors and light frosted lenses

• new lights from Emisar (single Nichia 18350 & the rumored D7) and more colors (purple, red)

You know, I really don’t think it would be that hard either……
You can buy pretty small water pumps these days and a cooling block isn’t that hard to make, in fact you could make it in the garage with a blow torch/solder etc.
Obviously it would make the handle bigger/longer, but shouldn’t affect the ‘head’ of the flashlight too much.
The biggest hurdle is getting the pipes to/from the pill as it would have to go around/outside of the driver (as it has no hole in the middle and is usually behind the pill)
Like this one……but it’s $120 + $40 postage? ebay item 331094542573

I’d like to see more lights in the Zebralight/D4/FW3A size, but bored for 21700 cells. Spacers could be used for 18650 cells. The size wouldn’t be much larger, but would have longer runtimes and be ready as these newer cells become more available.

A basic ramping UI is fine for me too. The D4 is just right for my uses and the Q8 has more options than I really need.

I’d also like to see a 2x18650 or 2x21700-sized light with the cells side-by-side. It would be pocketable and powerful and still be able to be put in my mouth for times when I need both hands for a task. The extra size could possibly translate to better heat dissapation and could possibly allow for two reflectors and multiple emitters. A mix of flood and throw in one light would be of great use to me.

Definitely. I would actually prefer a debug/programming header on the bottom of the driver PCB, but I’m likely an edge case.

This is why I like FourSevens or Lux-RC so much, really innovative programming UI. Doesn’t have to be bluetooth, an app would suffice where you hold your light against your phone screen.

Never bought these brands though, so I don’t actually know how they work. Only know their websites and features.

The Manker Godmes i have has that bluetooth programmable option. (but the light is discontinued this year.

Something like this?

What are the BLF lights you guys are talking about, are they related to the site? The ones you guys have mentioned sound awesome.