What you got today

From Ric (CNQG / FF): Link to FF

Thanks. I'm interested how they compare to your King Kongs. Cheers.

Me too :)

First two are already charged to 4.2V and one of them is currently going through 1A discharge to 2.8V.

Within the last week:

• DQG AA
  • Apex 5T6
  • Citycat Big Head K8
  • 10 * 18650 (protected NCR18650A)
  • Xtar WP2 MkII
  • Ultrafire Holster (was meant to be used for the Citycat, but it doesn’t fit in it…just means I’ve got a spare holster!)

All the lights were of the NW variety.

Nice ones Rod911! And all NW, way to go!

How do you like them? I have been wondering whether to buy the Big Head K8 or not..

Posted something in the Big Head K8 thread. To summarise - very surprised, not so bright as a Catapult v1, but can throw at least as far as a Catapult v1.

As for all of them being NW, I only buy NW lights these days. No more new CW lights. That’s why I like the budget manufacturers because they tend to offer NW version of their lights unlike the bigger names in the business where they simply think brighter = better.

edit: as for the other lights.

• DQG AA - slightly afraid that the head will eventually find itself coming off on its own. Beam pattern is great with the TIR. Spacing between the high and low is perferct for a key chain light.
  • Apex 5T6 - brighter than my “original” Dry (ie. no Turbo mode). I’ll put a copper strap on the negative springs over the weekend to see if that improves the output (ie. reduce resistance). I would have preferred a side clicky like the Sky Ray King, but I do like its handle.

Well I received my Trustfire F20 yesterday (from T-Mart). It's a 5 mode! AND it has the "good" 14500 compatible driver! (Tested and verified.) The driver actually has very nicely spaced modes. The strobe is actually one of the best I've seen. It's a "medium" speed flash rather than the heart-attack super fast flash.

On AA NiMh (Energizer 2300mAh LSD @ 1.35v) it pulls:
High: 2.40A (settling down from about 2.55A)
Med: 1.16A
Low: 0.26A
(100%-50%-10% spacing)

I didn't test current draw with the 14500, but the light was way brighter! (The tailcap is AWFUL, and once it's back on you don't want to take it off again! I remove the head and change the battery from the front end.) This will make a nice pocket rocket with my XM-L U2 emitter swap!

-Garry

A black Skyray King and man is it sexy no pics yet, sorry.

whats the quality of it like?? i got my nitefighter f30c today :slight_smile:

I got a Solarforce today, with an extension and a tail cap. Sent on 8/28 and came today. Quick shipping!

But there's something else there. That didn't come from Solarforce!

Huh, guess I will have to use the NiMH's and the charging jack for this light. Oh well, nothing ever stays stock around the O-L workshop.

I’m a little bit jealous, I still wait for my Solarforce order to arrive, it’s the first time the delivery took longer than the normal 10-14 days.

Today my Beamtech BT-QS66 diving light that I purchased from Chicago X arrived as well as a UV drop-in from Manafont.

I got a, WE TRIED TO DELIVER,notice from the postman.Im saving you all the pain,So No pictures of the letter.Would be like showing vampires a crusifixsix .

AAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH :cry:

DON…

My life just got a little bit easier, the army/navy store is now selling paracord for $.10 per foot.

Got my UV drop-in from MF last week as well. Found 24 scorpions in my yard in the first 5 minutes. This is a STRONG UV emitter. Fun stuff.

I got this …

… for about $24 from HK seller on eBay.

I like how lightweight these LiFePO4 batteries are.

What do you think of that one? I have that and a couple of other OEM lights that should be here any day.

Nice!!

The Maratac .. what does the driver contact disc say? It's a 2-mode light, right?

Yes, it's 2-mode. I'll check the driver when I get back home..

Thanks!

maybe it says Balder or Tank or Bronte .. ;)