What you got today

Gee, Glenn, You seem to have a professional collection of Gear for just about any job I could omagine!! 8)

I bought my babyliss -trimmer about 7yrs ago. I have been cutting my hair mostly with it ever since.
Still working fine even though it is not professional stuff.

Four Samsung ICR 18650 300mAh from a U.K. seller, cost £25.58! That’s $41 for you in the U.S.A. Just checked FastTech and they’re $12.26 for 2. :frowning:
At least they only took 2 days to arrive. :bigsmile:

Six of these -

and one of these -

:bigsmile:

i got my spark 280 lumen “outdoor white” (warm white) 18650 headlamp for ~$43

Got the two Acer packs from the battery pull threads. Manufacturer date says 4/2010 so I’m hopeful.

Will report back when they are cracked open

ALSO!

Zebralight SC600w II

This thing is AWESOME!

I cant believe the size and output.

Ordered @ FT 9/15, appears packed 9/15, shipped HK post 9/16 per FT, HK Post accepted 9/18, on plane 9/24, delivered today. Not bad at all.

Eas092 driver - looks like not the better one

23mm aspheric lens - does not seem to be glass as advertised

Empty P60 - (XRE?) reflector, not scratched, not sure if I’ll use it

2m transparent shrink wrap - may use blue instead on this UltraFire

Mach 3 blades - for my son, hope they work on a really heavy beard!

Got an MRI on my ankle Wednesday, and find out the results Monday... They think its a torn ligament or something like that... YAY!

Today my 12 cell hp laptop battery arrived! Managed to pull 12 Sanyo 2200 mah cells out of it. It fought me at first, but these are the cleanest cells I’ve ever pulled. No blood, no bent tools, and no damaged shrink wrap. Brand new in the original hp packaging for only $12.99 shipped. My tr-3t6 i got a few days ago is happier, but my i4 probably hates me by now :stuck_out_tongue:

Good job! Just be sure to keep that i4 in line. Threaten it with more packs to charge if it doesn’t behave. J)

Naw, thats too nice, I just threaten to make it charge nicads :stuck_out_tongue:

The Mach3 blades I bought from Fastech turned out to be really bad. I wrote a review that was posted up on the FT site last week. Shave is rough, only good for a couple of uses, and I have light facial hair. :-(

I use the Wahl Show Pro, because I have really thick hair and it blunts most clippers instantly. I’ve even bunt the motor out on a cheap new pair a few times.

They are actually pet clippers but the only ones I have found so far that cut my hair relatively easily but its still not as good as I would like. I think i need something better but I don’t want to spend big money on a gamble.

I also buzz cut my own hair BTW.

I tend to go a bit overboard when I get into a new hobby, like cutting my own hair. I start off cheap, then things progress. I spend more and more money. I could have just said screw it, and purchased the Oster Classic 76 from the get go. I never learn! lol! BTW, I love this thing. Just ordered a few more blades for it.

What I didn't like about the Wahl's besides the blade cleaning procedure, is the plastic guides that easily break. I broke 2 of the 1/8" guides, and one S-1 on my Peanut. I got free replacements from Wahl. At least they have good customer service

Cutting your own hair is a hobby?
So, how is that working for you :smiley: O wait, is this bald guy at the picture you? must be :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah it's me. I scare myself everytime I look in the mirror. A hobby? I guess that sounds funny, doesn't it :)

Went to Harbor Freight today and bought this Grommet Assortment for $5.99. They come in handy for my electrical projects.

My CQG S2 arrived from CNQG today but the engraving is wrong. It's not what I asked for - close, but not correct. I have contacted Ric by email and PM to resolve the issue. Comforting to know that I'm not the only one who's engraving was messed up but it doesn't make it suck any less. All it took was a second look to make sure what is input into the engraving machine was entered correctly and matched what was requested in the order before committing it. Now another customer is unhappy and it needs to be redone which will cost them a redo.

The light itself is very nice though. Beam is a bit ringy but the tint is nice and it seems brighter than 80 lumens. Build quality is superb as expected.

That’s not good Johnny, I’m guessing he spelled your username wrong?

I really hope mine will be OK, its a gift for someone else with their name on it.

Yeah, it’s a hobby with limited resources :stuck_out_tongue: either you have to wait until your hair grows up or you will have to find a donor :smiley: And in the spirit of this thread: my red and greed XP-E emitters are in the country, expect them on next tuesday :slight_smile: I must prepare new code for NANJG 105C so I wouldn’t burn them up with 1000+mA :stuck_out_tongue:

A Toshiba laptop battery (emancipated six 18500 cells, https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/21677) and an Infantry watch from ebay, free Xtar charger spacers from E2 Field Gear.