What you got today

I got my BLF A6, a mini C8 keychain light which is of course rubbish and was purchased out of curiosity, and 4 30Q button tops.

The quality of the BLF A6 isn’t the best, if I’m honest. The packaging is really messy and bitty, there looks to be lots of anodisation gunk on the exposed part of the driver, and the reflector looks like it’s aluminium coating is coming off to show brass underneath or something. Does anyone know what’s up with the reflector?

That mini C8 I sweet do you have a link?

I had a similar spot on the Colrui when it arrived, much less then this, message to seller on AE and same day tracking code for a new reflector.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve just been playing around with the A6 and there is no real noticeable effect on the beam profile but it doesn’t exactly look presentable. I’ll message banggood with a picture (or video, which I’m sure they’ll request).

Here’s the link to mini C8. Smiling Shark SS-C8 http://www.banggood.com/Smiling-Shark-SS-C8-3W-LED-Mini-Flashlight-Waterproof-Torch-1xAAA-p-71229.html

And here’s some pics of it…

That would be a nice little light to mod…take the rubbish out and put some good stuff in it.

Hahahaha so cool!
And with that price could even use some points
Ordered and paid: (copy paste PayPal payment screen)
2,78 EUR
1,00 EUR = 1,097725384 US
Hahahaha still the remembrance of seeing 1,00 EUR = 1,37xxxxxxUS a couple of years back is not making this feel like a bad deal :wink:
Thanks!

Mini C8 mod: Mini C8 AAA XM-L U2 Mod. XP-G2 Shots Added. 1.17.13

Still have two of the little things sitting, waiting to be modded.

Wow. €2.78, that’s even cheaper than I got it in GBP!

That mod looks awesome. I’m still yet to get my head around this modification thing. This mini c8 could be a good little intro project, though I can’t seem to figure out how to open the thing up!

The mini c8 can be disassembled from memory by knocking the whole guts out from the driver side. Its all just pressed in. Have fun with the mod. I still have a couple of different versions here patiently waiting to get modded.

Yea, I followed the link mini c8 and it said one can do that by knocking it out from the driver side, but I was having no luck so I tried the other method of putting a screw through the plastic flat lens and then using pliers to pull it out. It took a LOT of force to pull it out. I also think I ruined the circuitry by doing so as it now has intermittent continuity.

I’m going to order some parts and try my hand at modding this.

Also, check out that reflector. It looks like it has leprosy :S

I also got a mini C8 of some chinese brand last year from FT… It’s so cute!
However it’s really faint and very bluish… almost purple light. I’ll look at that modding thread mentioned above!

Must……buy…….toys……I……don’t…….even….know……how……to……operate….

Whatever it is it certainly looks impressive. Reason enough to own it. :slight_smile:
It reminds me of Monty Python when there in the hospital with the top man showing people around and boy where they impressed with the machine that went beep. They had no idea what it was.

It is supposed to show waveforms and reveal glitches in bad designs that can then be modified. Also reveals noise in signals that can interfere with proper operation. And about a zillion other things…

It’s year’s since I’ve used an oscilloscope, they would certainly come in useful. There’s loads of sensors on car’s that can only be checked properly using one of those.

It would be interesting to see the waveforms of the mains supply and how the voltage and current aren’t in phase, fairly basic stuff but still good to see how anything work’s.

Impressive gear!

The BLF348 with and one without engraving just arrived.
My wife is going to use the one with engraving YAY! At last I found something she likes besides her cheapie zoomie.

Enlan Bee EL-04 in Micarta scale and a pair of Sanyo NCR18650GA from Gearbest.
GB shipped the batteries inside plastic protective case, which is a much better improvement than their previous handling.

Thumbs up to Gearbest for the improvement and speedy delivery (3 weeks) instead of the usual 4-6 weeks.

The Manker U11 I ordered finally came today. I can tell this will be my second favourite light before my TN4A HI. Curious about the box though. It’s a lot different to the black presentation box I was expecting.

I really can’t decide between that and a T01…

I don’t have a T01, but the U11 has fantastic features and 18650 run times with a built in charger…. Hard to beat in my opinion… Easy to swap emitters too…

I’ve been mucking around with it all afternoon and I’m thoroughly enamored with it. The groups didn’t take too long to get used to, and I love that the modes are programmable. Such a great light.