What you got today

Love it! :heart_eyes:

Johnny, it screams quality. I'm really pleased so far. To be honest, it's no brighter than my Xeno E03 V3 XM-L, but it's a hell of alot smaller :)

Glen I wish you’d not posted that, I’m going to have to get a zebralight one of these days…

Today I got a *t load of grief over the time I spend on blf, the money I’ve spent recently, my concern over two lights I leant to Mrs gords’s friend, the state of our finances……

Going to have to keep my head down for a bit, I did also download a camera app to my phone that I hope will allow me to take better beamshots, so I’ll be mithering about ISO settings etc, but I don’t dare suggest I’m going playing torches for a few days…

I got a new Maratac Cu AAA for my birthday :party:
It replaces the one that I just killed with a simple emitter swap gone wrong. I still have the first one and it needs a driver :frowning:

i get that for the time i spend on here too… but helps keep me sane being laid off. aint like i got the money to remodel the house or go out and do stuff…

i got my small sun zy-t13 today. $25 ebay gift card well spent i think
now the wheels are turning on how to make it mine, how i want it

Hi Glenn! How do you like this light? I’ve had my eye on it.

This was a no holds barred interrogation…basically behave or move out…. :frowning: what made it worse was I’d expressed concern about lending lithium lights to a noob ie running batteries flat, both lights have nanjg drivers but I dropped unprotected cells in, hope their ok. :~ needless to say, said friend has neither returned lights, made contact to pass comment (both were new, one built, one bought, I asked him to let me know how they did) getting a bit antsy about it tbh.

yeah i would be too. not only a dead battery, but they could damage the light or possibly injur them selves…
i been selling stuff on ebay to fund a ea4, but i spent another $25 of it on missus pulsar… she collects disney movies and i bought her another platinum edition set. felt bad that i got 3 lights in the past few days and she hasnt gotten anything

Sorry my friend. I don't mean to spend your money, but I think, especially for the 15% off with free shipping Illumination supply is offering till the end of the month (SC52Intro), I think it's money well spent. Just my opinion :)

I love this light, especially for the money. Excellent quality, really nice finish, and bright as well. It throws pretty damn good too :)

An XM-L2 U2 and a 25mm mcpcb from Illumination Supply

Ah crap. you just spent my money lol. Although they are on backorder, I still placed an order for one. Came to $54.40 shipped to Canada (That is including $3.70 shipping and handling to Canada). Can’t beat that!

Sorry buddy lol! I think you'll be thrilled with it. Mine was on backorder as well. He got them in a few days ago (I guess he sold out quick), shipped mine and I got it in 2 days. Can't beat that. BTW, Illumination Supply is in California, and I live on Long Island, NY. Pretty fast delivery, right???

Very impressive! Ya, I have been VERY happy with Craig’s service every time. One of my favorite vendors for sure! Him and goinggear

Today I received my Small Sun ZY-T08 from Manafont. Really impressed with this light even with a plastic reflector. Throws a lot better than my Ultrafire HD2010 even when fitted with cheapo Ultrafire 18650 batteries. Also I received a grey unknown brand HD2010 from Tmart yesterday but the LED emitter popped off from the ‘star’ while unscrewing the bezel :frowning: .BTW the first Ultrafire HD2010 (black) I purchased from Tmart burnt out the LED in less than an hours use and I had to replace the emitter & now works great with a XML-T6 3B. The HD2010 makes a great host but out of the box is pretty rubbish in my experience.

If your using cheap crap ultrafires in the zy-t08, I find decent cells dropped the drive current from 3a to 2.4a, I now have a variable resistor to fit to sort this…. (i actually have ten, spares are useful, right?) :bigsmile:

Craig is the best. Goinggear is also great! I bought my Zebralight H600F from them. They gave me 12% off their normal price without even having a discount code. Really good seller.

Hi Gords
It’s good to have spares to compare your mods. :slight_smile:
Why would better cells be worse than the duffers I am using now? I know that there would be less demand on the batteries with a pair in parallel than in series but why would drive current drop with ‘decent’ batteries? I am pretty useless when trying to understand current versus voltage and stuff and would like to know more about the science behind this, preferably with simple analogies until I can get my head around this. Could you point me in the right direction, ie a link to somewhere where I can learn a bit more about the theory because at the moment I can only make comparisons with what I see with my eyes. I am waiting for delivery of a DMM and would love to know how to take tailcap measurements etc.
Thanks
Paul

I just got my USB battery box. Works great, both ports work with idevices (advertised as just one that would). Only prob is my protected cells don’t fit. Good thing I have a pile of laptop salvaged cells.

I don’t know the science, but the circuit is very resistance sensitive, I can put ultrafire Grey’s in, measure across the switch and get 3a, do nothing other than fit keeppower 3400mah cells or unprotected Samsungs, it reads 2.4a, the difference is noticable to eye I feel. It’s down to cell resistance I’m sure. You can however fit a potentiometer (variable resistor) across the sense resistor, it in the zy-t08 thread you need 0.22ohm ish (hence the variable resistor) you can then test and dial in the drive current you want on good cells. Needless to say, once set, you should stick to the same cells or test with new ones to be sure your ok.

It’s odd, and really counter intuitive, but doing nothing other than fitting crap cells really boosted my measured output.