What you got today

Since you made me buy my first light on BLF almost a year ago that I’m still very happy with that’s good enough for me. :slight_smile:

The reason is because your driver board wants a certain amount of power to deliver the right current to the LED. If your battery is a bad performer, you will measure higher tail current with the same emitter current.
In general, measuring tail current alone on a boost or buck driver is not useful. Your measuring input current, not output current. You need to measure emitter current as well. If the emitter current is where it should be, then a lower battery current is better.
On a DD or AMC7135 driver, it will give you an accurate measure of LED current.

Some day I’ll do a post on the various driver types and cover the basics of how each works. Essentially, we use four main types of drivers;

- Direct Drive: unregulated, (as simple as a piece of wire, better is a MOSFET with logic to allow PWM for modes), tail current = emitter current; power in = power out + resistive losses

- Linear: usually AMC7135 based; essentially, tail current = emitter current; power in = power out + circuit loss

- Buck: lowers voltage to match load requirements; tail current < emitter current; power in = power out + circuit loss

• Boost: raises voltage to match load requirements; tail current > emitter current; power in = power out + circuit loss

Edit: one curiosity here is the zy-t08 is 1s2p, so I don’t think it would be buck or boost. interesting…

2 - 10180’s from lighthound. Guess what for. (hint: I don’t smoke)

Are you going to make smoke with them?

2 AW14500's ready for when my SC52 arrives.

This light’s a beast. Amazing for its size and running on AAs!

Bought 5 led lenser flashlights and 3 emergency flares for $15.00. t5 with 1aa i really like, v2 3aaa, p7 3aaa, another still in pack that takes 3aaa and a very small k3 that takes the 4 ag13 also a nice little light. most of these are quick zoom even the k3. the t5 has a really nice beam and on the box it says that it converts the 1.5 volt aa into 4 volts.

sorry but did not know how to post the pic.

+1 could be one of the best lights of the year!!!

Holster for my Sky Ray King/ Fenix TK75

Today I received a package from a buddy across the pond. He only said he was sending me a light. Once I saw the big bubble pack envelope I knew there was much more than a light inside there! I'm very touched that someone I only know from a flashlight forum would be so thoughtful to send gifts, especially by way of international shipping! There are some wonderful people here on BLF!

-Garry
(Wiping tear from my eye.)

That’s awesome!!! This forum is filled with great people with large hearts!! It’s great to be apart of this big family!!! :wink:

is that the TR-J18 from NZshooter giveaway? :bigsmile:

I’ll hazard a guess that its a custom light, a light the previous owner found extremely useful for its possible low output when a new baby wakes up in the night.

I’d say, go with the karma rule, pay the favour forwards in the future, it makes the world go round. :slight_smile:

Got a couple of these today!

Got a new Tripplite 10 amp (7.5 amps continuous) power supply to replace my lame Pyramid 6 amp continuous (way exaggerated) piece of crap.

Look at the difference between the two..

Small Sun ZY-T08 from Manafont.

Very nice flashlight, great threads and amazing build quality.

Real nice little edc’s those, they should be put up as a blf group buy in 3c tint. I love mine to bits. :smiley:

Looks awesome Glenn!! Very nice set-up you have!!

Thanks Rick!. I'm loving this thing. It runs cool and doesn't hum like the Pyramid. You get what you pay for.