What you got today

Looks good, I’m interested more in Nichia now. For what light is that for?

I’m planning on running it with a Nanjg 101 AK A1 at 1.4A in a Ultrafire 602C both from FT. We’ll see how that goes next week when the parts arrive.

Sweet rgb sinkpads! When will these be available?

Got a 1.8a X-Drive. Not looking like it is going to fit in my heat sink, but will shorten up leads and see if I can cram it in

Got my blackshadow padme in today and not thrilled with the 3xaa output so on the search for quality 14500 cells.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/23223

Hes got some on sale

Thanks pulsar.

No problem. Not sure what they typically go for, but they seems cheap and you know you'll get them in a timely manner

Exactly, he actually lives in the same state as I do.

They’re actually already avaliable only problem is there are currently no dealers selling them and sinkPAD only sells in minimum orders of 45. If you want to be able to buy some for yourself best bet will be to email other sinkPAD dealers and ask them to stock the color ones ASAP. Otherwise you can always run a group buy but it may be hard selling 45 of them.

Got a fenix pd35 yesterday… hate it compared to the thrunite tn12 and nitecore p12.

I finished a second direct drive Smiling Shark SS-5039, with current limited only by the springs and small wires, and an Efest 10440 IMR from Mountain Electronics. The XM-L2 is off center, but it works and I had enough trouble soldering it, the SinkPAD and the copper tube pill together that I am just leaving it that way. I worked hard fitting the pill and star to the head, so it cools well. It draws 1.7 A, charged to 3.9
V.

Great day at the battery bin!

The moddle row is the best, its a row of Ridgid packs, the three on the left each have five samsung 15MM (high drain 1500mAh like 20R’s), the two on the right have TEN each!

All together here is 62 cells, even if 1 in 4 are bad that’s still a great find.

And here they are (one of the small Ridgid packs had those purple cells instead of 15M’s but they were all 5 above 4v. There were also 3 15M’s in the top left Milwaukee pack (above pic).

Top row is cells > 2.7v (my personal cut off limit to discard), bottom row is cells > 3.8V!

We were traveling and found some new Worx packs for <$15 each @ Lowes (which never has something like that at home). That led to buying a new string trimmer and blower combo (both light-weight but decent enough for routine weeks so I don’t have to lug cords or mess with gas).

Pretty much the opposite of your find! But all of the cells are the newer green 1.5Ah cells (see through vents) instead of the older purple cells.

What do you not like about it? I have a pd35 and really like it for what it is, but you’ve got me wondering what I’m missing!

IS
FourSevens Preon p2 hcri 219b.
Pure white tint, no signs of pinky.

Pretty nice shirt pocket light .
Ready for flight deck use mostly.
Thank you Calvin at Illumn

I was being overly harsh. They are similar lights, but I like the more robust feel of the P12. The PD35 has the smallest area around the tactical switch, so the metal around the switch is most noticeable even though it can’t even tailstand at all. The PD35 is the only one that has no moonlight and I don’t like the tint compared to the P12. The P12 has the widest opening in the back for the tactile switch, it is the easiest to tailstand by far, it has the most anti-roll design, and it has the most uniformly tubular design. I also like how the P12 has voltage readout. The TN12 has the most output, still has moonlight, and can barely tailstand. I’m probably overly harsh on the PD35 because it was the most expensive too.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the PD35 is floodier than the P12 or TN12, so the hotspot is less intense. I was also able to mark/sratch the head just by taking off a filter even though I’ve used the filter extensively with the other lights.

I got the Olight S20, Olight ST25, and Olight X6 today. I love the S20.

Thanks for the info. I have to agree, tailstanding, moonlight, and a better tint would be awesome! But then again, that’s why I ordered a convoy s8 to mod. :bigsmile:

Those “plain brown envelopes” never fail to amaze me, I’ve never had one fail yet, (8 orders) no matter how much is in them.
We used the same type for internal mail at a chemical plant I used to work at forty years ago but they do the job.
Enjoy your Solarforce, they become addictive.