What you got today

Great pic. You must have gotten a great deal. Any DOAs in there?

2 bad switches out of 112.

Overall, not that bad a ratio.

That’s not too bad. It’s a unique opportunity to see how consistent a large sample of budget light are.

Not that budget. These are getting 2.8A 3 mode drivers and XML t6 emitters. Got some soldering to finish up.

I will say that of 112 C1 bodies, I think 3 are bored true. they are all over the map but most of the bodies are nowhere near centered.

5 neutral xpg r4 emitters

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

I've got plenty.

I need nothing else.

My birthday's coming up so we'll see.

But I just thought I'd share here today for posterity, that I've bought myself nothing lately.

You enablers, you. =p

Well, how am I supposed to get the drop-in in it then? It can't get in from the front if I remove the glass, and the reflector is too large to enter when the headpart is still on.

Link to picture of my problem: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/img20110703164112.jpg/

Should I try to epoxy the threads on the tube, and screw the head on before it dries? Then I might be able to unscrew the other part of the head.

I am sorry I misunderstood, that is the part I try not to separate but it is an easy fix. Put a couple drops of blue loctite on the threads screw it together as tight as you can get it by hand let it sit overnight and you should be able to get it apart.

Today I received a knife (the Enlan EL-02 - I like it) and a Nextorch MyTorch 2AA for a good friend (birthday is near).

Sorry for going a bit offtopic in this thread, but the status right now is that I have glued the head back on, and now I can't unscrew anything. I don't have a vice, but got great grip with an old mousepad, and nothing moves even slightly. I suspect that someone accidentally glued the wrong part of the flashlight together, and now both threads are glued(middlepiece<=> body and middlepiece<=>head). Is this something anyone has ever experienced before?!

Still no Mammut.I did get a Ganzo 5 301 MT. Only took 7 days so where is my mammut I paid for nearly 5 weeks ago.

Is there another place to buy the mammut from? I want one but that vendor doesn’t seem so good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=150392805316&amp;ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

^ that is where pc-link.biz actually ships from.

i will never again order from pc-link.biz - two months since I ordered a Swiss Tech micro tool, no sign of it, and they do not even bother to reply to e-mails.

I wonder what happened to them .... they seemed reliable in the past.... looks like they kind of dropped the ball. ( got 2 Mammuts here) Perhaps they make enough money with their military LEGO now...

With ebay you get somewhat better buyer protection, and a more formal way to communicate w/ them.

I got a Maglite XL200 today. The brightest of te XL series, with multiple click plus accelerometer brings a better interface over XL100. The tint is slightly bluer than XL100 though.

I got an email from PC LINK BIZ asking if I have received the Mammut yet. At least I finally received a response to my email.

37 says since payment......... NO MAMMUT!

update: Another email. I may be getting a refund.(maybe they lurk on here). Would rather have the Mammut in a reasonable delivery time. Like 2 weeks.

Manafont has been getting everything here in about 12 days lately. I got this UF 501A. Put an XML dropin in there and have a really nice little flamethrower. It’s a nice host. http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-wf501a-flashlight-tube-cr123-mini-p60-host-no-led-emitter-p-4294
I got a new skyray S-R6 also. I bought the one with the XML dropin already in it. That is like getting the host for $2.50. Good deal. I had to get it because my sons skyray is beginning to flicker. The cheap tailswitch is causing the problem. http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/sky-ray-sr5-t6-5mode-memory-led-flashlight-gray-18650-p-7161

It's no so much the tailswitch per se as the way it's designed and assembled. Instead of a direct spring from the switch, the spring is separate and not soldered. The spring then contacts a cap, again not soldered. So 2 extra pressure-only connections in a >3A light, which is just crappy design.

Still, I really wish they sold it w/ a OP reflector, I'll just add the dx switch myself.