Which battery for BLF X5 - Nitecore Ni14500A or Sanyo UR14500P?

Answer to the topic: none. Efest or if you can’t buy in your country try Windyfire as they have Nice customer service, fast shipping based on my experience.

If I could only find Windyfire with free (or reasonably priced) worldwide shipping…

How about their homepage Windyfire
I got a letter from their customer rep in half a day with shipping prices.

I have both the Efest and the Windyfire IMR’s (from RMM) and am very happy with both.

Don’t be fooled by the higher mAh ratings of their ICRs - High-Drain, (Not High-Capacity) IMR is what you want for this light for Max output.

Thanks,

-Chuck

Gotta plug these guys, they ship rocket fast and have great prices.
Ordered last night and they shipped today!
They are right here in good ol’ PA so if you are in the USA you will get them right quick.
Shipping is not free but is dirt cheap, they are not padding the costs like some retailers.

I got some Efest 18350’s from them a while back and they rock as well.

http://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/efest-imr-14500-aa-size-700mah-4-5a-li-mn-button-top-battery-wholesale-discount?variant=1306371192

HTH
Later,
Keith

…you may find this link to be of interest.

But, to get the context you really have to read down to the last post:

Not the same cell under consideration here, but the same topic. - Look at what HKJ says.

It seems that the 18350 cell that he tested was a good cell, but just judging by the reports that are coming in for the 14500 - Perhaps they are not so good. - The Sanyo is a Very fine cell if you don’t need High-Drain - We do need High Drain Un-Protected cells to get the best from this light. - The Sanyo will certainly provide for more runtime, but will not allow Max output. - On Turbo, if your cell is a Protected cell, the circuit will likely Trip if it is working properly. - Then you have no light. - You can get the Sanyo in both Protected and Non-Protected, and un-protected would be the better choice.

But - Here is what I recommend for those in the USA:

I have both these and the Windyfire and really can’t tell the difference - ‘Dale’ says that these are the TOP cells that you can buy for the X5.

He should know…

Richard (RMM here) sells them too, but he has been swamped and is currently Sold Out :frowning:

Thanks,
-Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Now that you have shown me links and photos from the official Nitecore website, it has left me thinking along your line, and to quote you, that is: “the under performing “Nitecore IMR“cell in question is NOT a Nitecore cell at all, or even an IMR for that matter – It is the Ultimate Fake… To fake something that does not even yet exist”.

Anyway, I bought these cells from BG last April 8, 2015:

Sub-Total US$15.38
Air Parcel Register US$1.60
Total US$16.98
Order Summary:
Shipping Details :
Order #: 5629053
Shipping Method: Air Parcel Register
Subtotal of Items:
2 x Nitecore IMR14500 650mAh 6.5A Rechargeable Li-Mn Battery (SKU220055) US$15.38

We cannot trust everything BG sells. though I find them more reputable than a bunch of others, they are far from being faultless. NiteCore is a battery re-labeler - they don't make cells, they label them - they always did that. Back when I first got in this hobby, I spent a fortune on EagleTac and NiteCore cells, figuring they more you pay for big name brands, the better -- so far from the reality of truth... But at least they were quality Panasonics or SANYO's under the wrapper at the time.

Check these cells out: http://www.banggood.com/2PCS-MECO-3_7v-1000mAh-Reachargeable-CR123A-16340-Li-ion-Battery-p-991158.html. Do you believe they are 1200 mAh?

I sort of agree now, these NiteCore's could be fakes from those results, but fakes come in lots of flavors, from simple mis-labeling (recently done by EFEST on the 4200 mAh 26650's that tested out at 3500 mAh capacity) to save cost, for using up old inventory, to out right intentional thievery.

I’ve opened ticket on gearbest - let’s see what they’ll say. Tested again with NOR test - 297mAh - still far away from what it should be.

About windyfire site - I’ve also wrote to them - indeed shipping is more reasonable - about $5. Is it trustworthy site? It looks somehow strange… Anyway - thanks for pointing that!

I have not heared any complaint against windyfire so I gave it a try. My are goods are already dispatched based on tracking.

+10 on these folks in PA

I placed an Efest order and had them in hand in 2 days to SW PA.