Which flashlight do you like best in China? As a Chinese person, I really want to know

Do many flashlight enthusiasts discuss flashlights on shoudian.org, Bilibili, XHS, Douyin?

1 Thank

Good to hear. I have 10 Fenix lights of different sizes and styles, as well as a few other brands. I use the Fenix lights the most, and carry the LD30 daily. Fenix customer service has proven to be wonderful. I very much like my Acebeam lights too. And have a few Imalent lights that I like, but their customer service has proven to be terrible.

In fact, this is the first time that I heard about shoudian.org. I logged on this website and looked at it. The contents are relatively long ago. I don’t think there is much discussion on this website, but it does not prevent it from having some valuable essence. Nowadays, various old-fashioned forums in China are gradually declining, while new platforms such as Bilibili, XHS, and Douyin are developing well.
We usually watch flashlight evaluation or new product release videos on Bilibili, which is a platform for young people. Searching for flashlight related information on Bilibili is usually my first choice.
The main user group of xhs is women. I don’t think there is much practical content about flashlight on xhs. They will even recommend many brands with poor reputation or proven to be stupid.
The quality of Douyin’s video depends on whether you can accurately find professional bloggers. Douyin’s main user groups are very wide, ranging from young people to the elderly. Douyin has many professional videos and some deceptive videos, which need to be carefully identified. And Douyin is mainly short video, and Bilibili is mainly long video.

Our most commonly used flashlight forum is the flashlight bar in Baidu Tieba. Baidu Tieba is a platform with a main user group of men and the world’s largest Chinese internet community, with 23.55 million themed Tieba to date. The flashlight bar, which accounts for one part of 23.35 million, has 4.5 million posts.

Imalent’s product quality needs improvement. We evaluate him as the most capable manufacturer of malfunctions. Both of my Imalent flashlights have been repaired or replaced, but he is also one of the most radical flashlight manufacturers, and many of his products are impressive

4 Thanks

I agree, Imalent has impressive lights. But when a light is still under warranty, he should not ignore the customer. It’s a good way to get a bad reputation, and I’ve heard bad things from many. I’ll probably not buy from him again. I wish more manufacturers would get into the higher lumen lights. I recently got the Acebeam X80-GT-2, at 34,000 lumens. I like it very well so far.

1 Thank

Ohhhh, X80GT2, is there any place to sell this legendary flashlight? It’s already out of print here, you can only purchase it in the second-hand market. If there is a new X80GT2, I think many people will go crazy

Haha, I think I got the last X80GT2 that battery junction had. They do not show any more available. I just looked, and there are new ones available on ebay and amazon.

He may be the best high lumen flashlight currently available, in all aspects. We hope Acebeam will produce the X80GT3, but at the moment, the hope is slim

1 Thank

What do you think of nextorch flashlights? This brand is usually adopted by police departments in China

Hello. You have now come into contact with him. I made Anduril. But I’m a her, not a him.

You are not wrong. It has a multitasking operating system like a computer, called “FSM”. It also runs an application like a computer, called “Anduril”. And the user can install their own software if they want, including frequent updates or the user’s own custom code.

There are other applications available too, so the user can give their flashlight an Olight interface or a Zebralight interface if they want, or other interface styles. This has not been a popular choice though, so those other applications are not well maintained.

The manufacturer can do that, and it is how things work by default in Anduril 2, which came out 3 years ago. It ships in a “Simple UI” mode where the settings are locked and the interface has only basic functions. The user cannot access anything complicated unless they switch to advanced mode.

In Simple UI, the user can do only a few things:

• Click: on / off
  • Hold: change brightness
  • 2 clicks: turbo
  • 3 clicks: battery check
  • 4 clicks: lock or unlock
  • 10 clicks and hold the final press: switch to advanced mode

However, a few manufacturers have asked for Simple UI to be less simple. They asked for more settings and modes in Simple UI, so users can do more without using advanced mode. When the manufacturer chooses that, even the simple mode has more features than most other flashlight interfaces.

Development is not as fast as I would like, but it has had 144 new revisions so far this year, including a major code refactor and many new features.

That is true in the west, too. Look at any big market, like Amazon for example. Most flashlights there do not have Anduril, and most buyers have no idea it exists. People there spend $80 on cheap clone zoomie lights which can be purchased for $4 in China, along with a “9900 mAh 18650” battery which is actually only 500 mAh, with an angry blue 8000K to 10000K color temperature LED. And they think they have gotten a great deal on a high quality light. Then they post reviews about how bright it is, and they think it makes 5000 lumens when it is really only 500.

It is unfortunate, but that is normal for a big market with average people. However, the user is happy with their purchase, so it does not really matter that they could have gotten something better for less money if they had spent the time to learn more first. Even cheap flashlights now are better than a top tier flashlight from a few decades ago.

But most people just use their phone if they need light. And that is okay. It may seem like blasphemy around here, but it does not matter what we think. The phone user gets what they need and they are happy, so there is no problem.

3 Thanks

This made me laugh. :sweat_smile:

In English, the name sounds similar to the word immolate - meaning kill or destroy by fire. The joke is made on these forums occasionally.

Some very interesting details here. Kinda surprising. Since I order from China I wouldn’t think the prices for some products could be more expensive there.

I have:
Sofirn SP33 V3
BLF A6
Nitecore UT25

I am satisfied with all of them although SP33 V3 isn’t the best version of this model.

That’s different then. Over here, there are a reasonable number of non-men - myself and ToyKeeper to start with, although still a minority, I do know of a few more who aren’t public about it.

Well, if you go looking, you’re sure to find it. I think you’ll be surprised if you’re expecting it to be complicated, by default it ships in a “simple UI” mode where most of the advanced settings are locked to widely-accepted defaults and most config menus aren’t accessible. Personally, I only ever use it if I was to hand the light to someone else, but I know some people leave the light in simple mode most of the time.

Known but not hugely popular, but I’ve not really seen people be critical of them, they seem well designed for their purpose. I don’t have any yet but I guess it’s on the list of ones to get if there’s a good deal (according to my spreadsheet, I currently own lights from 28 different brands). A lot of police around here like surefire (not bad objectively as lights, but very overpriced due to “Made in the USA!” marketing) and streamlight, but it’s also variable and you;ll also find things like maglite, cheap zoomies, LEDlenser, and even budget enthusiast brands like Sofirn and Wurkkos.

What’s your opinion of Mateminco? I know they sell both domestically in China and to the west.

Is Olight known in China at all?

It’s a great honor. Being able to meet you surprised me to some extent. Can you disclose what new features have been added in the recent updates? I have noticed that many people have the following opinions:

1. There is a bug in temperature control, and when you turn on the flashlight, it will directly downshift or not downshift at all.
  2. Can you add a display screen to display the current status, or add a Bluetooth connection to the phone.
  3. Frequent crashes when the voltage is low.
  4. It is too complex and it takes a long time to fully master.

Thank you. I hope you have a pleasant time

This may be common due to the sales strategies of different merchants

Unexpectedly, the Anduril UI has already reached its third version, and most people are still using the first and second versions. We didn’t know there was already a third version, including me

It’s more of a refactor than a complete rewrite, and the goal is to make the changes mostly invisible to the user, e.g. all the button mappings stayed the same if you only have a single channel, just some additional ones if a light has multiple, and most of the other improvements are internal (smoother ramps, better voltage measurement, bug fixes, etc.).

I have no intention of associating gender with anything else, just stating the facts.

If a flashlight has this feature, people will definitely use it. They will not be satisfied with a simple UI, but will try to continue exploring.

The main impression given to me by nextarch is that it is sturdy and reliable enough, which may be the reason for the official department’s bulk procurement and long-term cooperation.

1 Thank