which flashlight do you recommend ?

Hi

I am looking for a 18650 flashlight that is 1000+ lm
which one would you recommend ? I am currently not aware of what the latest led’s are etc…

requirement: spill or a mix of throw and spill, XM-L 2 or XP-L Hi (or better?)
prefered 1x 18650 but flashlights which carry more batteries such as skyrai are welcome too.

Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Please be more specific about what you are looking for.

- Budget? (How much are willing to spend.)

- Form factor? (1x18650 to multiple 18650s is too broad a range, in my opinion … but that’s your choice.)

- Intended use? (How will the flashlight be used: EDC, home, work, garage, car, hunting, etc.)

- Desirable characteristics? (Such as tint, tailstanding, forward clicky, knurling, lock-out, side-switch, pocket clip, crenelated crown.)

- How fast do you need it? (Some items may take a long time to ship.)

- What kind of UI are you interested in? (Modes, high-to-low, low-to-high, moonlight, strobe, SOS, beacon, memory.)

- Run times? (If you’ve got any special expectations, please state them. Otherwise, we’ll presume that you understand the limitations placed by your form factor choice. A small form will give you relatively short run times. A large form, say a 4x18650, will give you relatively long run times.)

If you provide us with more details, you have a better chance of getting an answer that suits your needs.

Maybe you can take a look at Nitecor MH20 and tell us what are the things that you like and dislike about the light.
Maybe we can help you better

- Budget? (How much are willing to spend.)

- Form factor? (1×18650 to multiple 18650s is too broad a range, in my opinion … but that’s your choice.)

Then i’d prefer max 1x 18650 or a big round tube that carries 3/4x 18650
So it won’t be a tall flashlight!

- Intended use? (How will the flashlight be used: EDC, home, work, garage, car, hunting, etc.)
Outdoor use, walking etc. and also for some caving activies (not climbing so no headlight needed)

- Desirable characteristics? (Such as tint, tailstanding, forward clicky, knurling, lock-out, side-switch, pocket clip, crenelated crown.)
tailstand is prefered, tint warm white or neutral white, forward clicky prefered, side switch not neccesary but should be considered as an extra.
also: NO usb ports or charge ports on the light itself.

- How fast do you need it? (Some items may take a long time to ship.)
doesnt matter. i have time.

- What kind of UI are you interested in? (Modes, high-to-low, low-to-high, moonlight, strobe, SOS, beacon, memory.)
Hi Med Low, Moonlight. (with memory)

- Run times? (If you’ve got any special expectations, please state them. Otherwise, we’ll presume that you understand the limitations placed by your form factor choice. A small form will give you relatively short run times. A large form, say a 4×18650, will give you relatively long run times.)
Should be atleast 1hr. more is better :slight_smile:

If you provide us with more details, you have a better chance of getting an answer that suits your needs.

does that clear a bit up :slight_smile:

And what is the range you’re comfortable in spending?

(That’s for the flashlight only. I assume that you’ve already got batteries and a charger.)

price tag shouldnt be above 100 €

batteries and a charger i already got :slight_smile:

Maybe there’s a lot to chose from but the all-around best 18650 size flashlight right now is the nitecore EC4S… There is a groupbuy going on with a very wallet friendly price. The EC4 is already practically flawless, but the EC4S improves even more with close to 2,000 lumens and provides more efficient high mode.

noticed that one too;

was also looking into : Bare BLF A6 Interest List (coupon now public) but it sure does not meet all my requirements. looks nice tho BLF light :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa! If he needed 2K lumens, the EC4S would be a great choice!

But form should follow function. If the need is 1K lumens, a 1x18650 form factor would better suit his needs: outdoor use, walking, caving.
Well … IMHO, of course! :wink:

That’s a good-sized budget. There are a plethora of flashlights that are within that range. For the biggest bang for the buck, I personally favor the Thrunite and Nitecore flashlights.

However, going up a notch in quality, I’d recommend for you one of these two flashlights:

Zebralight SC600w Mk II
Specifications: http://www.zebralight.com/SC600w-Mk-II-L2-18650-XM-L2-Flashlight-Neutral-White_p_122.html
Review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?373895

Zebralight SC62w
Specifications: http://www.zebralight.com/SC62w-18650-Flashlight-Neutral-White_p_148.html
Reviews:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?392898-Zebralight-SC62-(XM-L2-1x18650)~~review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO-and-more!“:http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?392898-Zebralight-SC62~~(XM-L2-1x18650)
Zebralight SC62w

Read the reviews and see which one best meets your needs.

Both run about $85.00 here in the U.S.A. I’m not sure what the availability is in Europe.

Both flashlights have wonderful beams, an even mix of flood and throw - and very smooth. Great for your intended purposes.

Beam shapes, run-times, user interfaces, and outputs are similar.

Basically, the choice between the two comes down to price (which one happens to be cheaper in your area), size (which one is more comfortable in your hand and/or pocketable), and brightness (the SC600w is 90 lumens brighter and throws a little farther).

Both flashlights receive high marks in product reviews and user comments.

I’ll let other chime in with their suggestions.

thx for the detailed info :slight_smile: ill be looking into it!

The light I seem to grab off the shelf more than any other these days is my Olight R40 seeker. 1100 lumens with a XM-L2. It has a great mix of throw and flood, a simple well spaced UI, great run times and best of all it has USB charging. That said, it is a 26650 light but has a very small form factor for a general purpose light. It’s not a hot rod but it does so many things really well and IMO the built in charger that uses a cell phone cord is a huge plus.

The only cons I can think of for the light is that it needs a proprietary battery to utilize the USB charging. It’ll run on about any 26650 battery but you’ll need the Olight brand 26650 to use the on board charger.

So many good ones to pick from :wink:

What about this one?