which thrower would you buy for $50 ?

It’s the UniqueFire UF-T20. It has a cool white XM-L standard, mine pulls about 1.5 Amps. I’m planning to mod it with a dedomed XP-G2 on copper and drive it at 3 Amps.

Pointless question unless you define your personal idea of better. Mine is usually as little spill as possible in a thrower, but varies with circumstance. That what you want?

sometimes i think all the comments are kinda’ full of excuses to buy more and more flashlights…but no, it is absolutely necessary to have at least 10 different types of throwers (and backups for them…) right? J)

The Sky Ray STL-V2. It bests all of these lights except for the K40 and Maxtochs, and for the money, is the better buy. I don’t know why people keeping leaving this off their lists. Nothing REALLY beats it. The Maxtoch 2X would be second choice (first if you want higher lux numbers, second if price is the determining factor), then the Small Sun C10, then Jacobs A60.

smallsun zy-t13 + crelant collimator head + emitter swap & dedome. that combo with an xre ez900 at 1.8ish amps is over 200kcd. if you boost the driver and do an xpe2 or xml2 dedomed i am sure you can get more out of that setup

I think the only way to boost the current on this ZY-T13 is doing resister mod, and is there any seller who sell the crelant collimator head that can ship internationally?

I am sure there is a seller somewhere, not sure what it would cost though... yes, you would need to do a resistor mod to boost the current. I think most used a pot do dial in the wanted current

http://hkequipment.net/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat2=222&cat1=83&cat0=1&id=1450&cat1=83&cat0=1&new=&more=&s=f82f603d27c9a7de3e08381b1263b10b&lang=en

It is $5 more than I spent on mine from a US retailer, but if you look you can probably find it cheaper

It's not on my list because I don't have one. I'm not going to recommend something I've never laid eyes on. It's omission isn't necessarily a vote against it. Anyplace cheaper than Lightmalls to get it?

Thank you for the suggestion anyway, at least it ships internationally. :slight_smile:

Yezl Y3 - 62 kcd stock I measured, and about 900 lumens. Details here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/24076#comment-547190. Better than a stock HD2010, even though the HD2010 is at higher amps with an unregulated driver.