Which TV show did you watch lastֻ

^ Nice to hear that, Jeff. I really liked the original Twilight Zone and thought the first remake was pretty decent… Though the one that followed narrated by Forrest Whittaker was pretty bad.

Anyone here see “”The White Lotus”:The White Lotus - Wikipedia It’s a NetFlix series that has a resort premise. It’s all about the characters and their tremendous dysfunction. Not many episodes per season (6, then 7), but they’re long. The first season takes a little getting used to. And when you think about there being a 2nd season, it’s kind of frustrating. This same premise for 2 full seasons? Well, the nice surprise is that it’s two different White Lotus resorts. The first is in Hawaii and the second is in Italy. They are IMMENSELY different. Only one character comes over from the first.

The ending for Season 2 was very difficult to predict. But it was very, very well done. While I enjoyed the 1st season, the 2nd season is the one I feel compelled to rewatch. The cinematography on this Italian coast line is wonderful, as well as the old world buildings.

Season 3 has been given a green light and the location will be somewhere in Asia. Since the last episode of Season 2 dropped in December of 2022, it’s going to be a painful wait!

Perhaps a bit late to the party, but the wife got me hooked on Peaky Blinders. We’re slowly working our way through. I believe we’re somewhere in Season 3. Damn fine show if I do say so myself.

Yeah, White Lotus was good. Just finished 9 seasons of The Blacklist and learned a 10th is coming. Started The 90s Show. The book is still out on that one but I’ll give it a go.

watched 1 1/2 episodes
of White Lotus. nope.

we will try the new
Twilight Zone next.

Watched Episode 1 of “That 90s Show.” It has some sentimental value for those like me that liked “That 70s Show,” seeing some of the original cast make appearances, but overall, it just doesn’t have the same climate. The new kids just don’t do much for me. But I’ll probably watch another 1 or 2 episodes anyway, just to see if it gets any better.

I loved That '70s Show!

I think that was the last non-cartoon sitcom that I really got into.

That’s what happened to me. Barely started it and I couldn’t get into it, so I ditched it. But I came back and gave it another go. Anyway, if it wasn’t a total turn off, maybe revisit… or, jump to Season 2.

About the Twilight Zone, “In February 2021, the producers announced the series would not return for additional seasons.” So only 2? That sucks…

Been watching “The Expanse”
Often nifty, Sometimes the characters/plot is/are “off” with the rest of the show. But well done as far as special effects on a TV budget.
Still, nice to see a space oriented SiFi show now that Battlestar, Bab-5, Firefly, and Farscape are long gone.

I really liked Farscape even though some episodes were filler.
Bab-5 - The only show you needed a web site to try to keep up with what was going on. Miss a few shows and you were lost.

Started watching “Three Pines” Not sure about it yet.
Looks like it maybe a quirky take on crime in the great frozen north.

Boardwalk Empire - Mostly entertaining. Excellent actors/acting. You have to give it some time to get into it.

Also started “Hunters”. Nazi hunting in 70s USA. Jury still out. Can’t abide when a character acts “out of character” for what they are supposed to be in the plot line.

All the Best,
Jeff

imo, andor could be the best star wars media ever created. and it certainly doesn't feel like disney trash.

1 Thank

The Blacklist with James Spader. I have seen all of these as the ran, but decided to start over at the beginning. An entertaining series. Just waiting for season 10 to start the end of February.

The new Night Court.

I’m not sure about it yet but I think there is potential.

Melissa Rauch is a good choice in the role & John Larroquette is well … John Larroquette.

I’ll stick with it for awhile and see if it finds it’s groove.

I saw the latest SNL.

The host was Aubrey Plaza.

She is very quirky, so I'm sure some people probably don't like her.

I think she's funny most of the time, and this episode of SNL was pretty good with Aubrey Plaza in many of the skits.

It’s an epic series. I’m eager to see Season 10. And, definitely have a whole series rewatch planned.

I’m sure. Sure that I don’t like it. They’re trying to recapture a style of comedy that has since passed. Larroquette is great, but I’m surprised at Melissa Rauch… she doesn’t seem to quite have it, the way she did in BBT. The cornball humor here feels so predictable and forced. The original series had greatness due to really good cast chemistry. Not seeing it here. My prediction is that it’ll be a 1 season show.

1 Thank

The Last of Us……is on tv and a knockout. Best science fiction series in a while.

I saw Season 2 Episode 1 of The Mandalorian.

There are sand worms in Dune, Beetlejuice, the Tremors series, and of course The Mandalorian.

According to this website, there are sand worms in hundreds of pieces of fiction.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SandWorm

How can such a large animal move through sand and dirt so quickly?

It defies physics.

Why are humans so obsessed with sand worms?

I just don't get it.

(At least The Mandalorian is entertaining.)

regarding The Last of Us….

20 years later, he is wearing the same shirt.
also, the flashlights seem to be very robust,
as well as the kid’s backpacks.

Been watching a few things…
War of the Worlds 2019 I’m in the second season. Kind of like it…kind of, but it’s a bit negative with people making hard choices, sometimes bad choices. Sort of reminds me of Falling Skies which I really enjoyed at the time.

1899 A titanic-like passenger ship travelling from London to America makes a detour for a distress call for a sister-ship that was lost at sea 4 months prior. A psychological supernatural thriller? It could’ve been so good, but got bogged down in too many subplots and characters. Cancelled after 1 season, with apparently pissed everyone what slogged all the way through it off. I liked it, but it’s not for everyone.

Another Life Alien Artifact lands on earth and phones home. Katee Sackoff is sent to find out whats up. Need I say more? :stuck_out_tongue: (There’s two seasons, I guess Netflix just cancelled it, like they do… I just got to S2E1)

I’m watching the Canadian version of the Outer Limits.

Anyone started wwtching Jung E? Is it any good?

The Last of Us update:

Actor Annie Wersching, best known for playing FBI agent Renee Walker in the series “24”
and providing the voice for Tess in the video game “The Last of Us,” has died. She was 45.