Why/how did you choose your BLF Username?

Cause I have some damaged wiring :smiley:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tumbleweeds+comic+strip+images&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:Cd306GmYSMWQIjh2cRjCWoQUcIe0ZLi_1p0C-OycMBBx9Jh91eAU6oIgngVWbkUsCGuvdGZmktEFKi6SrZtEAFBGEACoSCXZxGMJahBRwEaL2Vh7VrF85KhIJh7RkuL-nQL4RaOEnbObbgQoqEgk7JwwEHH0mHxH6IED2ntLepioSCXV4BTqgiCeBER0ICsURL06tKhIJVZuRSwIa690R9mGE9jCpSYwqEgkZmaS0QUqLpBFQpR6rnBN1cioSCatm0QAUEYQAEWzE2QGNJPP2&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIh-\_IjujZAhVX8WMKHRkTDFYQ9C8IGQ&biw=1152&bih=565&dpr=1.25

Good thing you donā€™t come from Phuket, Thailandā€¦

First nameā€™s Johnny. I used to wear my hair straight up similar to the Johnny Bravo cartoon in that pompadour style. A co-worker nicknamed me such and it stuck.

Iā€™ve owned a number of Volkswagens over the years. This is the one I had when I set up my 1st e-mail account way back when. Been using it as a user name on various sites ever since.

My first car was a brand new 1971 yellow beetle. Paid $1999.99 for it. Great car. I remember it cost only $2.50 to fill her up. I miss those days.

Sounds like a sweetheart, glenn.

I had a yellow 71 convertible I bought somewhere in the mid eighties for $500. She was rough. Had Autostick transmission (Wow, is that a weird little system). Was always going to restore it but never did. Drove it a few years and sold it forā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.$500.

Itā€™s my first and last names. Sorry, Iā€™m not very imaginative. But it does make an actual word.

Pretty in depth thought process contributed to my name but it describes me alot.

Im from WV, which is stereotyped (rightly so in most cases) with hillbilly/hicks and commonly associated with moonshine a.k.a. white lightning.

I practice GRAYman principles because of the world we live in.

And as most do around here, i have an accent which turns lightning into LITNIN (chosen because of my electrical occupation).

And its usually available for a username.

Itā€™s my favorite soldering tip, I use it for nearly everything and it was recommended for a project I was having problems with by RMM so now itā€™s my number one tip.

Tons of straight razors were manufactured in Sheffield 1 to 2 centuries ago and ā€œTALLY-HOā€ is the brand name of a few of my favorite SR.
My current avatar is taken from a scene of Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky.

No, my nickname is not inspired by J E Rommel.
Actually, i realized years later that my web nick looks like that nazi field marshallā€™s nameā€¦ :person_facepalming:

My first name is Jeroen.
I make a lot of mess, stuff laying around unsorted in no timeā€¦
In Dutch thatā€™s often called ā€œrommelā€ (sounds a bit like ā€œrubbleā€ right?)
Also my first name in English would be Jerome (like Jeroen itā€™s derived from Hieronymus)
Thereā€™s also a cartoon character called Jerom / Jerommeke (Belgian).
So, i combined my name with my mess = Jerommel
ā€œJeā€ (short for ā€œjouwā€) also means ā€œyourā€ in Dutch, so Jerommel = ā€œyour messā€.
I have been using this name a lot on the web, but thereā€™s also some guy from India with this nick name somewhere.
Wonder how he came up with it.

So there! No more mystery. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s partly my real name. I do not hide, I do not have a nickname. I used the name before and at the end of xx. According to my Honda Blackbird 1100XX.

Some years ago i had a girlfriend who decided to nickname me after the Dragon Ball character because :

• i was older than she was, bald, bearded and frequently wearing sunglasses
  • at that time i was doing a LOT of sport
  • something in the way i had to stare at her
  • and eventually because of that time when my nose started bleeding for no reason ... ;-)

I am hoping that my interest for flashlights carry on forever. I was always fascinated with Tesla and hope that he honestly did create a quantum energy generator which would push us to be able to achieve perpetual motion

Congrats on the new username!

Thank you very much Raccoon city. Couldnā€™t have done it without you!

I can relate to Jerommel. lol The mess seems to follow me around. :stuck_out_tongue:

My initials are DB. I used to always have to initial paperwork in my previous life. Back in the late 90ā€™s when I made gun holsters and knife sheaths after I hurt both arms I sort of developed a branding from this initialing. I had Ulnar Nerve Relocation in both elbows after blowing out both elbows working as a brick masons helper (I was the cut man, the other helpers all left to work at a big job and I was the only one left) and took up the leather work as a means to recover. Since my holsters and sheaths were custom works, I called it DB Custom. I even reverse engraved my initials into a small oval shaped block of black walnut and impressed this into the leather work so it was ā€œsignedā€. Then later when I got into photography I continued to use the DB Custom of before, which is why my pictures typically shared here have a hand signed DB with the date as a watermark. (I use a Wacom tablet to digitally create the signature)

When I first started here, I had a ā€™92 Ford diesel pick-up with personalized license plates. My state didnā€™t allow enough letters on the license plate to fully spell out DB Custom so I abbreviated with DB CSTM to meet the 6 letter requirement, used that as my user name when I first signed up. Only, not everyone (ok, almost no one) got the meaning as derived from Cstmā€¦so I contacted our admin and asked to change it to the clearly defined DB Custom it is now.

Iā€™ve ALWAYS tinkered with things, finding a way to make it suit me betterā€¦ pretty much no matter what it was. Started by fixing the cheap stuff my Dad bought that always broke. Eventually leading to ā€œfixingā€ new stuff to suit my fancy. So Iā€™ve customized everything as long as I can remember. Cars, guns, knives, lawnmowers, flashlightsā€¦. not much is safe from my customizing. And yes, a lot of mess is made in the process, much of the time. lol

And now you knowā€¦ the rest of the story. Good Day! :wink:

I bring light to the worldā€¦

I spawn to bring fry to the world. (and lox)