WildTrail WT90 - SBT90.2 1800m+ throw 90mm 3x 21700 With Texas_Ace driver

Glad I found this thread. Just went through my battery maintenance schedule (350+ lights… ugh) and found my WT90 batteries at 1.33 volts. Ordered the replacement carrier.

I did charge them at 100ma and brought them back up over a period of a couple of days, not going to trust them though.

@Texas_Ace: FYI, the links you provided for the lights are wrong. The link for the silver brings you to the black anodized version of the light, and vice versa. I just picked the silver version up, thank you for the discount code. I hope is a good one.

lol, thanks for the info, I will fix that.

Incredible light
Got mine today. This is one of those lights that stays with you. Well done.

Triple click to get a voltage reading, it is either thermal protection or Low voltage protection.

Also if the cells are not the best (or there is a bad connection) it is possible they can sag under load to cause LVP to kick in.

I removed the bezel, soaked it in drain cleaner for half an hour, sanded, and polished it for a stainless look. I also just posted my full review.

Neat! Will you need to seal it somehow to prevent a loss of shine? I’m not familiar with how naked aluminum alloy behaves.

I ordered a black WT90 via email (since it's not available on aliexpress for me) about 4 weeks ago. Just received a silver WT90. It looks like cheap garbage if you ask me, even worse than I thought the silver one would look like. But I'd never have ordered the silver one anyway. I'm furious. Not sure how WT will make this right, since I definitely don't want to keep this ugly thing, not even for $50 less. And that's about what it costs to ship it back to China.

Can’t figure out if this is a troll post or real, so far you are the only one with this opinion out of over 1600 posts in this thread.

If you want to ship it back I am sure they will accept a return.

Far as how to deal with it if you don’t want to ship it back, your best option is going to be to re-sell it then.

Not a troll post, just a strong opinion on the raw alu finish. It has really bad milling marks, looks like the cutter wasn't really sharp enough to get a good finish. But hey, that's why I ordered the black version! Don't worry, I've already contacted WildTrail, I do want to ship it back but in my experience chinese sellers usually don't want to cover for the shipping cost so it's going to be interesting what they'll do.

Got any pictures? The milling marks on mine are top notch and look great.

Yeah, sure! Though I guess it's objectively not that bad. I just personally don't like raw aluminum finishes x_x I'm glad they're offering it for all the people who love the raw look, but I'm not one of them ^^

Other then that one section in the first picture where the bit looks like it was a little dull, the rest looks fine IMHO. I prefer the first batch where they were not bead blasted but that was a limited run IIRC.

I like seeing the machine marks personally, gives it more character.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

I would like to buy one of those updated WT90 battery carriers as well, but Ali is (still) not shipping them to Germany. When i follow the link to the product page there is a message that the item cant be shipped to my location (Berlin, Germany).

Is there anyone around here who plans to and is able to order there (so that i could join in)? Or has some BLF member one of those left for sale?

Either way, preferably someone from a country that’s part of the EU, so i dont have any hassle with german customs upon delivery.

If someone could help and get in touch with me that would be uber nice and my old silver WT90 would appreciate it too for sure.

Send them a message at sales@wt-light.com to order directly or you can buy it from https://www.nealsgadgets.com I think.

Unfortunately i cant find the battery carrier for WT90 when searching on nealsgadgets site.

Dont know if its blocked here, but even Google doesnt provide an existing product page.

And thanks for providing the e-mail link! @Texas_Ace
Will try to go that route if nothing else works out.

Possible you might need to contact neal directly, not sure if he ever listed it on the site. But you can email wildtrail directly as well, either should work.

Well, my WildTrail WT90 arrived today. I was very excited to try it. But, end up being disappointed. First, this is not a troll post. It is simply my experience with the light. when I opened the box first thing I noticed, was the bezel head cap was loose, and what appears to be the retaining ring for the LED, was also loose inside. Undeterred, I put a fresh set of Samsung 40T cells in the carrier and then tried to click the light on, but no dice. Not working. So, I tried a different set of Astrolux 21700 cells, still not turning on. So, I tried a set different set of fully charged 40T’s, but still no luck. while reading the manual I noticed that it says the battery carrier is supposed to show an LED status indicator. Mine is not showing an LED indicator. But, when I plug a cable into my phone to see if the power bank function is working, it shows that my phone is charging. All be it, very slowly. Not, fas charging at all. And I am using my phone’s cable, which normally fast chargers my phone. So, it cannot be the cable.

Where do I begin? First, I am sorely disappointed in the QC, or lack there off, in this light. WildTrail should be on top of their game with the QC. I fully understand, shit happens, but, for a light in this price range, the QC should be job number one. And the fact that the light arrived DOA, is my biggest gripe. Again, I understand shit happens, when traveling all the way from China. So, I am willing to cut them some slack. I contacted them via Ali. Now, the waiting game. I will see what they tell me? has anyone who received this light had similar QC problems? I’m curious to know how many people have had DOA lights. My other question. Is this a retaining ring for the LED? It seems to have a small mirror. I’m guessing to magnify the light? How do I put this back on top of the LED? Is it supposed to be glued on top of the LED?

That is very strange and I can understand why you are upset.

The loose bezel and button retaining ring could be (and most likely is) factory QC but also a chance that they could of come loose in shipping. Particularly the retaining ring, I have had that happen on several lights when I opened them.

Now as far as it being DOA, it sounds like the carrier is working (you can know 100% by testing the voltage between the center post and the outside ring on the end of the carrier, should be around ~16v), also one end of the carrier the center button sticks out further then the other side, make sure that end faces the driver.

So that leaves us with the light itself. If the switch LED is not lighting up then most likely power is not getting to the driver since that LED is super simple and very rarely fails unless the switch is damaged.

The first thing I would do is check the driver retaining ring, if it is loose it will prevent the driver from getting power.

Next, try putting the carrier in without the tailcap on and pressing down on the carrier manually, watch the switch to see if the LED blinks.

If neither of these work, then the last simple fix option is that the switch could of been damaged since the retaining ring was missing when you opened it. You can remove the driver retaining ring and you should be able to pull the driver out enough to check all the wires, make sure they are all connected and none are loose, same for the back of the switch.

If all that checks out then yes, it appears it is DOA for some reason.

If I had to guess though, I would be sure to try the driver retaining ring, that has caused me issues plenty of times over the years.

I must say, WildTrail has made good. On solving my defective flashlight issue. They have already contacted me. They will be sending me another head for the flashlight. I am glad that the company is willing to stand behind their product. as I mentioned before, I know stuff happens while items travel from China. Is a long journey. But, I am happy to know the company will rectify its mistake. I’ll simply have to wait for the new head to hopefully arrive in one piece. To see how the light is.