WildTrail WT90 - SBT90.2 1800m+ throw 90mm 3x 21700 With Texas_Ace driver

Very good results Tom! Thanks for all the testing.

If you need to get measurements back to back, I found that sticking an ice cube on the fins for a bit will cool the whole light right back down nice and quick.

I’ve experienced the same ‘cold-start’ behavior as well, on much smaller lights in my case. Even when it seems fully cooled back to room temp after say 10min, the turn on numbers are always suppressed on subsequent runs within say 30 minutes of each other.

Like TA said, I run the head under cold tap water to ‘reset’ things when doing reflector tuning for example. I do my best to keep water off the lens, but 15-20 seconds is all it usually needs to be back to baseline.

I understand the time limitation. My eyes are waayyyy bigger than my stomach for this flashlight stuff. I often say I’m going to do things that never happen when it comes to the hobby. At the end of the day, my EDC and maybe a compact thrower or gun light is what I put 80% of my time into. And of that, most of it is chasing the ‘perfect’ beam and tint for each of these applications.

WT90

Woww, very nice beam shots.

How soon can we get a Silver WT90? Texas_Ace, any new news about the latest production of the second lot?

I do note that the Black WT90 is still available, and the price has come down below US$160. But I am resisting the temptation to grab it. I still want a Silver, instead of a Black WT90.

Thanks.I will have better ones in the Fall and Winter when the atmosphere has less debris. :sunglasses:

I got an update a few days ago that they think they were able to source the missing materials for the silver lights (won’t know until they actually arrive).

If they have the parts then it should only take a week or so to finish making them.

Screen shots ZOOMED in.

End point/ Target ~ 120 yards.

Thanks Texas_Ace for the encouraging news.

BTW: Will production of the second lot take into account the technical glitches and their solutions that you and a few other experts have been discussing over the past few days?

As a greenhorn flashcoholic, I will not be able to do whatever necessary technical adjustments in order to enjoy the WT90 to its fullest potential.

The only outstanding issue I know of is the carrier parasitic drain and this can’t be fixed in this production run from the factory.

There's the very low glowing LED, apparently from the FET, though probably not as significant as the carrier issue.

I checked the Entire thread.

What is surprising to me is that I am the Only one who posted beam shots.Gotta be at least 30 people on BLF who purchased this light.Probably 50 plus.

Does everyone else live in the city?!

Yeah, forgot about that although to be honest I am not really worried about that. Other then causing OCD it really causes no harm and almost no drain. It is unfortunate but not something I am really worried about honestly compared to the carrier.

I know I don’t have any good locations for beamshots around me. The only location that is even decent is only maybe 100-150ft and changes depending on the season.

WildTrail told me the sale of batch #2 of clear coated WT90 lights can start in two days. Here’s a picture I got of the new lights.

Exciting. I have ordered three 21700 batteries on Ali Express. (Banggood just cannot ship rechargeable batteries to Singapore. Don’t know why.) Hope they are good enough to power up this beautiful WT90 Silver.

Let me know how to confirm my interest in buying one WT90 Silver of the second lot.

BTW, any news about the price of this second lot? The Black WT90 from the first lot is now selling at around US$160.

Thanks.

I live in the city, apart from neighbours everywhere to annoy, the widest part of the square that I live is just 120 meter. I’m going on holiday today to Schiermonnikoog and will take the WT90 and see if some beamshots can be made there.

Here’s another beamshot picture on TLF…

Yep, the silver lights will go on sale Sunday.

Price will be the same GB price from before.

Ahah!

Good to hear. Will that link from the OP be our way in? And the code, too?

Not 100% sure on that yet.