WildTrail WT90 - SBT90.2 1800m+ throw 90mm 3x 21700 With Texas_Ace driver

That’s some nice beams. Thanks. I like the Manker and the 4x18.

The group buy doesn’t work anymore?

They have not given me the new code yet.

I’m actually excited

Does exist a more detailed Manual? My WT90 makes a Stepdown after 3 minutes. I‘ve tried to switch to temperature control mode but without success.

Hallo Heizer,

Du hattest parallel im TLF auch gefragt, ich antworte Dir mal hier, da das Einbinden von Bildern im BLF weniger restriktiv gehandhabt wird. ;)

IMHO, the WT90 manual is quite comprehensive. Is there anything in particular you are missing? I will be happy to supplement anything missing in the manual. Unfortunately, my Google Drive sharepoint got f****d up, so all manuals will need to be hosted once again. I am working on a resolution here.

In order to change to thermal regulation, follow these steps…

1. When in ramping mode: Press & hold the button for approx. 16s until you notice a double flash followed by a single blink.
  2. When in stepped mode: Press & hold the button for approx. 3s until you notice a double flash followed by a single blink.
  3. Keep waiting until you see a double flash followed by three blinks.
  4. Now click two times. You will see WT90 turn on to maximum brightness.
  5. Let WT90 heat up to your desired maximum temperature. You may need an IR thermometer to measure accurately. Click one time to set the temperature limit once the desired temperature has been reached.

For reference, this is an excerpt from the WT90 manual:

I just switched temperature control completely off, TA showed that the light can handle that, it gets too hot to hold but the light will be fine. (and I made a handle so I’m alright :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thanks a lot for detailed explaining and the screenshot :-).

Honestly I was not able to read the paper manual properly because of its very small sized letters. In combination with my unperfect english knowledge I was not able to catch the UI logic.

But with your help It was easy now to switch to temperature control and set it up to 72 degrees. Thats still a lot of heat and too hot to hold it without gloves. But i feel more secured than switching it off completely :wink:

BTW: I think a thread hole for installing a handle would have been a nice feature.

Very interesting! How did you install the handle. Did you some DIY or is there a dedicated/fitting handle available?

How long did you have it on for it to become too hot to hold? Its a massive piece of aluminum, surprised it got that hot. My 4x18 Convoy with same LED gets warm but no way too hot to hold.

[quote=zoulas]

My 4x18A reduces its output within 2 minutes down to 40%. Running with reduced output it reached about 70 degrees after half an hour (indoor, no cooling).

ok, got it. Thanks

It was DIY and it was not easy because the WT90 has no easy attachment spot for it. I described in the “what did you mod today” thread: What did you mod today? - #10076 by djozz

I have not checked myself but Texas_Ace did it with the prototype, it is somewhere earlier in this thread.
Edit: it is in the OP.

Yeah, the OP has the details of the thermal test.

They also informed me they are setting up the coupon codes today and I should get them tomorrow.

Well done! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I would like to flash Anduril, can someone please tell me which hex file I should use?

I can post Anduril 2, the one I used - give me some time though.

Ohh - the BLF Q8 version seems about perfect to me. That's what I used for Anduril 2.

Beamshots with the WT90 are difficult with just a phone camera, I need optical zoom for this! Still, here are two fun pictures, not to show the whole beam but they do show that the WT90 is pretty good at faraway things. Here on Schiermonnikoog (vacation) are two firehouses, an old red one that works and a very old white one that is disfunctional. They are 1008 meter apart and I was somewhere in the middle, in the dunes.

The “noordertoren” is the red one, the google pointer is the white one, and I was at the yellow dot, so the red firehouse was a bit further away than the white one. Here are two pictures of the firehouses with the brightness afterwards adjusted to about what I saw with my eyes, so nothing enhanced, this is how they light up.

Ok, just got the new code for the WT90

The code for either Black or Silver is : WT90SS

Silver WT90 Aliexpress

WT90 Black Aliexpress