WildTrail WT90 - SBT90.2 1800m+ throw 90mm 3x 21700 With Texas_Ace driver

Do you think they would have extra bezels? I would love to put a silver bezel on my black WT90.

If anyone has a silver bezel and would like a black one, I would be delighted to trade once my light arrives.

Wish granted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256804480174205.html

I doubt it, you could contact them on aliexpress and see if they have a spare but they would not have extras for sale I am guessing.

Unfortunately the new WT90 is unavailable in Germany. Could you maybe let Wildtrail know so they allow shipping to more countries?

They said they were going to look into this, I have not heard any updates

Hi Texas Ace,

I was wondering what exactly this fixes? Does it remove the warm cozy glow too? I have a unit that when unscrewed at the head a little bit, the glow shuts off. So that’s how I’ve been storing it. But for reference, I haven’t used it a ton lately (months) and I also haven’t charged it after recent uses. So for reference, I just rescrewed it and checked the batteries, they were at 3.4. I def want to correct anything that may need it, just want to confirm what fixes this actually addresses and if I need them or not.

Thank you.

I have not tested it in person but they said they “Have greatly reduced the parasitic draw of the carrier as much as possible”. In theory this should reduce or remove the LED glow as well but like I said, I have not tested it.

Thanks!

https://lucid.verpackungsregister.org/Hersteller/Registrierung/Teil-1

They need to register there to get an EPR number to ship to Germany (applies to the whole EU I think?)

Thanks, I passed that on!

“The new version has reduced standby power and a new upgraded FET that should improve output a bit.”

Is the newly upgraded FET located in the battery carrier??

It’s also a little bit weird that the site shows there’s a coupon available for $3 off, but then disappears and doesn’t display the code once you add the carrier to the cart.

Great to see it back in stock, at a good price, with some upgrades (250 Microamps draw it says).. Hmmm.. maybe i need to finally grab the black one to have a matching set! :))

I just purchased one of the battery carriers they have on the Alix Store. Will test PD when i get it in. That would be nice if this is the upgraded one, But i didn't want to wait on ordering it for them to go out of stock. $20, not too bad for how good this light is.

Glad to hear this TA, so it sounds like the new carrier they are selling is the updated, lower PD one. Bump in power, cant complain about that!

I received my WT90 last November and somebody here said that the problem had likely been fixed by then. Does this new carrier bring something different to the table?

The FET is on the driver, the old FET was out of stock so they decided to spend the extra to upgrade it while they were sourcing a new one anyways.

This is an Aliexpress issue, there are all sorts of issues with coupons on there.

I think they were able to further improve the Parasitic drain since then. How much I am not sure.

Quite the conundrum. Much information not yet quantified. :slight_smile:

lol, I know. They didn’t give me much in the way of hard numbers. They just said they figured out how to reduce it.

Awesome! Ordered one. Haven’t noticed excessive drain on mine but I keep an eye on the family voltage.