Wish list for 2017

That would be neat with a TIR. :innocent: TL

There was a light not too long ago that had Bluetooth and you could control it from your phone as well as change the firmware settings to be used without a phone. You could set the number of modes, their brightness, strobe brightness and speed, it would even pulse the light to music playing on your phone. It was wild, but the actual light and it’s driver were not that good. Check out the Manker Godmes.

I like the idea of changing the firmware with a phone app, but all the other stuff is just extra that I would not use.

The future came and went! Lol

It looks like I wasn’t entirely off with my predictions! Scanning through recent threads we can hope for…

… emitters than can read (see) ambient light (=external lux meter in a way)
… personalized lights which can be programmed without cables with screen/phone apps that send a code sequence
… smarter lights that know what to do (= i.e. no firefly or moonlight when there is daylight)

BLF-348, with levels: 1, 3, 10, 30, 100 lumens, under $20

1x18650 light, length 90mm or less, levels: 1, 3, 10, 30, 100, 300, 1000 lumens, under $35

simple!

wle

Still looking for a nice real flood light. My Fenix HP25 does a nice job. Having something like that as regular flash light with more lumens and a warm tint is on my wishlist. The cometa/Jaxman Z1 comes too mind but is sometimes a bit too bulky.

I'd like to see a thrower with the head diameter of the Nitecore P30, with an internal added reflector, that is threaded and adjustable to extend and narrow flood. Kind of on the same principal as a zoomie.

Imagine the head of a light, with reflector inside, as normal. On the exterior, picture another head. That head can be turned to extend forward, while also adding more condensed spot down range.

Hope what I just said makes sense

I have my doubts it will

What I’d like to see is a light with an elliptical reflector (not parabolic) with lens to focus the light to a nice tight beam. Kinda like “projector” headlights in cars.