Would you like to review for Banggood?

Without my address that might be difficult

I got an email with order & shipping confirmation, tracking number and all. Hope to receive and review it soon.

Thanks BG for the opportunity!

so, what is it, what is it :smiley:

Please PM your E-mail address to me and i will check. Thank you!

Oddly enough I had a reply really quickly, then another reply after another email really quickly and now nothing. Should have guessed as much after the TM16GT incident that I had where it basically ended up with them not caring that I had a faulty light from day one.

Hope this helps,and looking forward to make some nice videos with cool flashlights from you

I got answered pretty quick after sending some links to some reviews I have done over the years.

Email said to reply with the link for what I intended to review.

I replied with the link and that was my last communication.

No more email, or even answered PM's

This seems a great way of showing how unresponsive you are and how much you value customers.
It is a shame that there are so many who have said that they’ve heard nothing from them.
If they don’t want people to do reviews or they have enough they should just let everyone know

————————————- EDIT ——————————

Just had an email update from them. Despite them asking for what light I’d like to review and there being an exchange of emails I’ve just had a “sorry” email telling me that they’re either still looking or I’m not good enough. Don’t get your hopes up even if you’ve had an email from them.

_Very sorry for replying you so late.
Because we need to find a person who is full of experience for making professional review this time, so hope we can cooperate in the future. Thank you for understanding!

I’ve now gone back to having that sour taste in my mouth from last time I dealt with them. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect something for nothing but this is back to the normal standards of communication.

I PM-d and mailed again and got reply that I haven’t got enough reviews to deal with them and If I had another media tell them.
I don’t have now a lot flashlights and I don’t wanted to make a 988756732 nd Convoy S2+ or Convoy C8 or other review. But if that is I need to do I started a youtube channel and started making videos of my lights and things. When I uploaded something I will make a separated thread for it.

No answer to my email either. And I give them the link to all my reviews.

I think their expectations of getting one of the BIG names in flashlight reviews to come forward to them and ask if they can review stuff (up to $50) is quite funny as the people who are very well known for doing reviews get asked to review products before they even come out.

Some of the big review channels on youtube get sent $1000’s of kit to review for a few minutes yet they have huge lists of companies approaching them for their time.

When you think about how much time it actually takes to review a product fully including the write up, tear down etc then you account your wage into the situation you’re actually doing it to help them.

Lets take the “average” hourly wage in the UK - £14/hr. Lets assume that we’re reviewing products out of hours so we might expect time and a half for it - £20/hr.
If we get the most expensive light they’ll send us at $50 (£40) that is two hours “work” to pay for it.

So I get the light, I have a play to get initial opinion of it. I get the camera, get in the car to go find somewhere dark. DRIVE somewhere dark using my fuel and time. I then play with the lights, take photos, take them again as I did something wrong. I go home, more fuel, more time. I load them all up on the PC. I review them, I make comments about them and I sing their praises - if the light is any good.

All in all I doubt I can review a light in the 2 hours of my time that the light has cost me. (Assuming I’m on the average wage). Lots of us who can afford the more expensive lights are clearly not on the average wage and our time is in essence more valuable to us.

A bit ranty but I think it conveys my feelings well. :open_mouth:

Some may do it for the sheer hobby pleasure.
If the reviewers don’t like the way the payment (free light) covers their time and costs then maybe they shouldn’t be doing it. On the other hand they may think sweet I got a free light I’ve always wanted and not care about the value of the light to time ratio.

Generally speaking, I totally agree with chrisc, couldn’t have said it better. However, if someone has a bigger audience across social media there are other opportunities down the road:

- sponsored events (paid trip to Shot Show, conferences, industry events)

- sponsored videos (you get a negotiated amount upfront for producing a video/article about survival, preppers, outdoor, EDC, …)

• long-term reviews/relationship where you get higher quality products throughout the year
    I would also assume that professional reviewers become more efficient with time (templates, equipment, editing).

Some people with 20K followers on youtube already get approached for these kind of relationships and if you are really big in your scene the offers get to the point where you are running your own media company (think Shmee150 or the similar).

I do get that people with no particoular knowledge can make a greater business impact.
And that they can do it with 5 minutes of their time.
But hey, they cam on BLF, not on youtube.

Sure, some people do do it. I personally review stuff with far less financial value because I like playing with stuff and reviewing stuff. I wont say I earn XYZ but I can afford the more high end lights that are available. What I’m saying is that for them to expect to have the TOP reviewers ask them if they can review stuff for them they are misguided. The top reviewers will already have people approaching them. It’s the lesser known people who are able to help here.

I’ve personally bought ~30+ thorfire lights that I’ve used then shown people who then wanted one. That cost them a £12 light from amazon and they suddenly got a pile of extra sales and people then talking about them more and I know that the word of mouth marketing from the people who I got lights for has meant additional sales still.

I’m not saying they should pick me to give me whatever I want but I’m simply saying that they need to be more realistic in who is going to offer their time up.

Quite a few of the big name reviewers are cutting down the length of their reviews because they have such a huge backlog of items to review.

I really think chrisc has explained it as perfectly as possible. But, I’ll still add my two cents, just cuz I can. :wink:

Banggood comes on here and says “Would you like to review for Banggood?” like that’s supposed to mean anything to anyone. Then they start turning down the very people who do respond to their invitation. If you want the more experienced/professional reviewers, you have to come with something more than “Hey, come work for us for free!” Those guys are too busy to play that game.

My thoughts
I finally got a reply and a light sent.
I agree how they are doing this is pretty bad, hurt feelings vs no feelings if they had not started this thread is counter productive. If they had said anyone who wants to review please post and say 5 will be selected would have created less hurt feelings. They of course can choose between anyone who volunteers, they are providing free merchandise but how they handle it is very important.
Also i know from experience that reviews take a long time as mentioned, having done a few i’m not a big fan of doing them any more (not that i have done a whole ton). Also i will only spend a couple hours on a review now, not the elaborate first couple i did, and i actually selected a light that probably won’t come apart, name brand and probably glued together means less time and legitimate reason for it, i’m not going to destroy a light to review it.
None of my reviews are as elaborate as HKJ’s reviews, i don’t have the equipment and other posters are correct, for a free light that much time, work and equipment is not worth it. As a hobbyist end user a few hours is about what the light “costs” and what kind of review they will get. I also hope that after my reviews manufacturers will improve their next iteration, in my thoughts on the Xtar dragon and Liitokala chargers i specifically mentioned specifics on how future models could be improved, i may get no benefit since i’m not buying replacements but other customers might which moves our hobby forward.
So in summary I think they need to do things differently, goodwill is more important then a few reviews which produces badwill.

I suggested that because I didn’t want to review a cheaper light that I had no real intention of buying maybe they’d let me review a more expensive light and let me pay some money towards it.

I’m still waiting on a Klarus X11GT from them (paid full price etc) so thought I might aswell ask to pay some money and get a X12GT sent too. I could then review two lights side by side and get some decent feedback for potential customers.

When I got asked to review some “cheaper” lights in the past I suffered a problem of not having anything readily available to test against that wouldn’t make it look rubbish. It’s pointless me comparing a single 18650 light with ~1000 claimed lumens against a couple of TK75s, TN36, TN31, TM16GT. I went through a flashlight clearout a while back and cut down my lights from almost 100 down to around 15. I explained my predicament and wrote my review to the best of my abilities.

I’l probably buy the X12GT in the future because the light really interests me but at the same time I might not buy it from BG after this.

Hello dear friends,

This is still valid, if you are interested, please feel free to contact me, PM me directly or send E-mail to chendongling@banggood.cn or add my Skype: swiling88. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Swi

_Very sorry for replying you so late.
Because we need to find a person who is full of experience for making professional review this time, so hope we can cooperate in the future. Thank you for understanding!

I’ve now gone back to having that sour taste in my mouth from last time I dealt with them. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect something for nothing but this is back to the normal standards of communication.
ENDQUOTE

hey! show us a print or video review YOU already did… then we can all look at it/read it… and decide where you are by a sort of informal peer review. Might be fun… c’mon…