Wrist watches. Post pics, if you EDC one!

I’ve been looking at it since a long time
so i saved alert on some monitoring website for second hand watches
and one day …

5 Thanks

Nice watch … clean looking “No-Date”.

2 Thanks

you mean without the magnifier that not every one like, gentle way to says that :grinning:
some french people says " la verrue " traduction should be " the wart" :grinning:

but there is a date on the steinhart at 6h

1 Thank
1 Thank

I replaced the battery in one of my Casio GD-350 watches about a week ago.
It was extremely difficult.
I had to do research online and watch a YouTube video to figure it out.
Even after knowing how to change the battery, actually doing it was a real pain.
I’ve never had such trouble changing a watch battery.
It’s an excellent watch, but I don’t understand why Casio made changing the battery so un-user-friendly. :man_facepalming:

1 Thank

Ok… What was the most difficult part in changing it?

I recently changed a Casio battery which itself was easy but getting the old O-ring back there was ~impossible. Bought a new one → piece of cake.

Some pics. Notice the worn out corners. It has been my work watch because of small and THIN size for past 11 years or about that. Battery was still doing fine but I wanted to also clean and lube the pushers. Works much better now :slight_smile:

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

For the better, easier to use buttons I purchased an used GW-6900 in very good condition. Much better to use than my GW-M5610.

I also recently ordered a “new” Gulfman from US, G-9100

4 Thanks

The part from 1:10 to 1:35 is the toughest part.
https://youtu.be/WGLRYMu2Ar8?si=1xXrsx_FAPKs7bUm&t=70
They don’t actually show the tricky part (they cut the video), so you have to use your imagination.

1 Thank

I see, so it is basically the battery carriers Clip, that is the issue? Good to know this for future, thanks!!

They probably cut the video because it took them too damn long to unhook the damn thing… :laughing:

1 Thank

2 Thanks

1 Thank
1 Thank
1 Thank

On my wrist 24/7. Only leaves my wrist for cleaning or for service.

3 Thanks

Nice watches in this thread. Here I am with a manky old Casio W-800H with cheap silicone strap (original snapped).

I’d love a nice watch but 1) I have skinny and boney wrists and have never found a comfortable watch (not that I’ve tried many). I wear my Casio on the inside of my wrist.

1. I work outside and stuff gets dinged up.
1 Thank

Seiko skx013 wears very well on smaller wrists and can take a beating.

1 Thank

Might be worth looking at the Timex Marlin line. The manual wind models have cases only 34mm wide, so nice and small. Pairs well with smaller wrists.

1 Thank

1 Thank