WTS : USB-UPDI Programmers for Attiny1616/AVR32DD20 drivers (Sofirn/Wurkkos/Fireflylite/Emisar)

it’s not the same adapter, the T1616 (Q8plus) uses UPDI.

Buying from the US unfortunately doesn’t make much sense with such expensive shipping plus all the additional import fees.
Thankfully the SC21 Pro comes with Andúril 2 these days (mine came with version 2022-02-08), so there isn’t a pressing need to update it.
Once I find the time I will build a DIY solution with the pogo pins I have lying around.

You can use this board with a standard USB to Serial TTL adapter, such as a common CH340-based adapter.

3 Thanks

Interesting… I knew it was a different methods… 6 pin vers 3. But I am didn’t know that it was a completely different adaptor. I got the hank light adaptor. Then again I wasn’t looking too close at the program method yet

Sorry, I meant to an appropriate adapter, I understand it’s not the same protocol. Just thinking very theoretically at this point anyway as I’ll probably be waiting for the M44 for a mega flooder anyway. (Does anyone know if Hank will be using the t1616 there or still the 1634?)

Ah ok.

Probably the T1634 from a recent comment by @ToyKeeper :

But yeah he should use it, it always seemed odd to le me that manufacturers would be willong to sell flashlights that require user temperature calibration.

1 Thank

Got one from thefreeman, shipping to Germany was fast for me, too.

Thank you very much for all your work, gchart and thefreeman!

1 Thank

@thefreeman

Hey mate,
I can’t send you a PM for some reason. Maybe my account is too new.
I’d love to buy one of your adapters to flash my LT1S Pro if you still have any available.
I’m in Australia.
Cheers

Probably the new account yeah, I’ll send the pm.

1 Thank

Hello @thefreeman,

please be so kind and write me a PM as well. I would also like to buy the adapter from you, but can not yet write to you via PM (newbie in the forum).

Thank you and best regards
Sebastian

PM sent.

1 Thank

Hi @thefreeman - I am interested to buy one or two, can you please message me! Thanks!

Are you also making/selling the SC21 Pro layout one as well that gchart posted few days ago?

I don’t have the SC21 key boards on hand, but I could order some and they could be wired to my standard adapter (via the headers holes on the side).

I would like to buy one

PM sent.

1 Thank

Hi, I would like to order one but I don’t know how to contact you other way than commenting here… any help? thanks

Yeah apparently new user can’t send PMs, PM sent.

That link leads to a 6-strip version to welding maybe for two three-pine versions.

But you have several designs to choose in the same year.

What’s the best version to order?

With diode, three pins narrowed or two rows of six broad shapes, without diode.

It’s not to buy a house watching the circuit of the same thing as making them with cables, but it’s cleaner and safer with the pcb.

Edit:
It’s for a Sofirn SC31Pro I see inside that it’s got three pad.

Thank you.

If you’re going for the SC21 Pro version, I would recommend the one I linked to. I highly recommend using a resistor and diode as part of your setup. Either you need to do that on the adapter board (like what I have linked) or on the USB to Serial adapter itself. I find it easier and more universal to leave the USB to Serial adapter alone and put everything on the pogo-pin board.

It is for a SC31Pro and for a TS10 I have seen or thought I saw 3 pads.

I don’t know if the terminals match the SC21Pro.

Thanks for the heads up maybe I’ll buy the competa board with usb 3 or both.

I have not seen the schematic but in the one you link it is possible to put 6 pins or so I see in the screenshot I put, instead the one in the photo is only 3 pins.

So in the absence of seeing the scheme will be for another arrangement of pins.