WTS : USB-UPDI Programmers for Attiny1616/AVR32DD20 drivers (Sofirn/Wurkkos/Fireflylite/Emisar)

That’s a 5V programmer, it will work fine with the D3AA

I have made my own, it’s not pretty but gets the job done for now. I will probably buy freeman’s programmer a bit later.

Sorry for the late reply, Jon – only now (at 3AM :-|) got the leisure to respond appropriately.

Yep, it does! I just tested my D3AA-modded adapter on my TS10 and was able to read and write its firmware with no issues.

So, I also happen to have, in the past, bought an original @gchart adapter – but it does not look much like yours (see the pics here). Mine was 5.0V (as I measured, see the same link above further on) and if I hadn’t left it back in Chile, I’m pretty sure it would have saved me from all this modding rigmarole (but then, hindsight is always 20/20).

Anyway, I suggest you measure yours (using a voltmeter or DMM between pins “+” and “-” with it connected to a USB port) and if it’s 5V indeed, it should have worked with your D3AA with no modding needed. Perhaps something else is amiss? I remember your programming environment isn’t exactly standard (you using a Macintosh or something IIRC) so you might want to double-check these other points.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if I can be of further service.

@thefreeman, I want to buy this programmer, if you still have these available please PM me.

hi, PM sent, and welcome to BLF!

Hi, I’m also new to the forum and want to purchase a programmer. Would love a pm, thank you!

Hello @thefreeman I’m also new and would like a PM. Thank you!

1 Thank