【Wurkkos News 】Invite to experience the first sample version of TS10 SG~

I purchased eleven TS10s, eight of which are in use by family members, two are in use in my home. The last given to a friend.

My personal experience, I would like better control over aux light brightness. Or, since that’s Anduril, more thoughtful high/low presets. The high is too high. It’s too bright to be useful and drains cells too quickly. The low is inconsistent between colors. For example, the ice blue is great for being bright enough to find easily in the dark, while the orange is difficult to see even when you’re looking right at it.

Feedback from the non-enthusiast family. It gets too hot, the UI is confusing, and they’d like onboard charging. I guess I should have gotten them different lights for Christmas…

2 Thanks

It must be resistive, because I got orange, too (blue was too bright at night and red was almost invisible on low), and noticed that it must be controlled resistively, because it’s decent brightness off the charger, and gets progressively dimmer as the cell wears down.

When I have a hard time seeing it, I know the cell’s down to 3.6V or so, which is when it starts getting wonky and stepping down pretty quickly. Older cell, well–used, so it’s probably just gotten a higher series resistance.

But yeah, I can use it as a quick’n’dirty voltage sensor. by how bright it is.

Aux is using series resistors on high, and the internal MCU pull-up resistors on low. So it’s unregulated, and due to the different V_f of different LEDs battery voltage affects them in different ways.

That’s not really something one can fix easily, it’s by design of the firmware. One could make a big effort of adding external constant current sources for the aux, but that’d be very space consuming, and a TS10 only has so much PCB estate to work with.

This being said, the high aux is mostly unusable on my HD10 because Wurkkos picked the resistors too low (and the same for all 3 colors) - definitely room for improvement there.

I have 0 TS10!

I’m not in a hurry to get one either because a) I have lots of other equally pocketable lights, b) i have a FWAA and Armytek Prime C1 Pro Magnet and Olight Warrior Nano and just built a S2+ triple 18350 with xp-l HI and 8 A buck driver c) waiting for the TS10 Max or one with a regulated driver (hint, hint Wurkkos)

1 Thank

Hi,
I have, in fact, had at least 20 TS10 lights go through my hands. Many of these were given away as gifts. I have 7 here. This includes Titanium, Titanium/copper, full copper, and V1 and V2 versions in a few colors.

A TS10 lives in my pocket from the time I get out of bed until I sleep at night. People have different thoughts, but to me the TS10 is my best option for EDC. It has all of the flexibility of Android plus it does all of the things I do most often with my flashlights, in a package that just disappears into my pocket. Oh, the one in my pocket now is the original one I bought almost three years ago. Still working perfectly.

BTW, I have given several to absolutely newbies to flashlights. They all love the light . I would really like to get one of the single emitter lights to try in comparison. It definitely has big shoes to fill :grin:

2 Thanks

I have had 20 as well. Nine went to family, three taken by my wife and I still have eight. My bead blasted titanium is always with me.

I think we may have a problem, but it is a good problem to have.

Hey guys, the GAW time for end. I will announcement the early bird tester soon ; )
Also, let’s the conversations continue, look forward to the feedback of test Lol

10 Thanks

The TS10 is the only light In own multiple units of (I own exactly 3 of them so far), and it’s easily my preferred light. Wurkkos surely hit the nail on the head with it!

It’s also great to see Wurkkos keeps innovating, a single LED TS10 will be a nice addition to the line. It’s also very auspicious to see a brand-name LED is being planned for it, should help avoid the bad-tint and smoking CSP LED issues that were the only bad things about the TS10 v2+.

I’m even more pleased to see Wurkkos keeps collaborating with the community. This is the way great lights get built!

A few thoughts and suggestions:

1. I like the “crenelated” TIR shown in the picture: makes me recall the one in the Sofirn SC28 that I liked so much; what are your concerns about it?

2. Please, please, please don’t forget to include standard flashing pads… :pray:

3. I know it’s probably asking too much, but any chance of offering a driver with regulation and/or an AVR32 MCU? The D3AA could really use some competition – and if you do, please try and avoid its preflash issue.

4. I see the traditional TS10 clip in the pictures. I really like the enhanced clip Wurkkos made available after the initial launch, and would like it very much if it was offered, at least as an option, right from the start.

That’s it for now. Waiting to hear more, and participating in the testing if I’m lucky! :+1:

3 Thanks

How about MAO coating, will it ever be available again for the TS10? If yes, please make sure to send them with the clip DETACHED, because attaching the clip can ruin the finish on MAO flashlights.

1 Thank

Certainly you jest! (?) :laughing:

1 Thank

Oh, I hoped I could get into the fun. I own only the pink TS10V2 but I love it.

The tint is quite nice (got lucky apparently), button works real well, overall a great light, especially at that size. And the new TIR on the TS10SG looks really interesting, will look amazing with AUXs

I wish my problem was only related to TS10 flashlights… :imp:

2 Thanks

I have several ts10, and my wife does too. Its actually her favorite flashlight.

My suggestion is using a b35am and orange peel reflector. Or a fc40 mule. Idk, just thinking of weird stuff.

That would actually work better with the max version.

As most of us I also have a few TS10 lying around and I have gifted a few more to others.

for a TS10SG I would love to see a throwy TIR used so it could reach 400m+

1 Thank

To quote a respected friend

[quote=“dmenezes, post:90, topic:225447”]

Certainly you jest! (?) :laughing:

1 Thank

All I am hoping for is for a single emitter TS10 to throw further than a D3AA with SFT25R.

3 Thanks

Absolutely! I have asked Wurkkos factory with not only packaged the TS10 MAO clip detached, but also it would be protected by PE bags extra. We wanna everyone receive a perfect TS10 MAO who has been waiting for almost 2 years.

8 Thanks

Hello everyone,
The 8 early birds testers of Wurkkos TS10 SG announcement now.
@ebastler
@mickey10632
@gravelmonkey
@1c0n0cl4st
@INeedMoreLumens
@Mandrake50
@jon_slider
@koef3
Congratulations!! Lol
Just PM me lucky guys, I will ask my warehouse partner ship the new parcel immediately ; )
The gaw video here is, all for random result.

17 Thanks

Well… that was unexpected :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the giveaway! :smiley:

2 Thanks

Thanks for the GAW, and congrats to the winners!! :beer: :flashlight:

I hope you provide good feedback to Wurkkos, no matter how dissonant your opinions and options will be :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Thanks