Wurkkos TS10 Ti (v2) much more aggressive thermal stepdown compared to regular TS10?

Yes

1 Thank

Lol* I have minus green over my 6000k but my 4000k looks good

1 Thank

TiTS10 or some other TS10?

Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like it’s available at B&H in the US: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1437000-REG/lee_filters_804s_zircon_minus_green_4.html

Ok, $15 is not a lot of money, but 24"x24" minimum size is such a waste… for flashlight modding would last at least the next 20 lifetimes.

Anyone knows a place selling smaller pieces?

@Boaz still around?

1 Thank

Yeah I’m here and still selling diffuser materials / dc-fix …… 8 different types of minus green filters and 5 amber zircon sheets to lower temperatures of tints as well .

I really like my TS10s but both the original 6000k and 4000k tints are made nicer with just the slightest adjustment to their tint.
You eye is making your brain see what it thinks the correct color is . … Until you slip a little bit of minus green over the bezel and ask yourself “ Is this better or worse ?”
I always think it’s like being at the optimists office looking into the machine and he’s asking you , better? Or worse ? Better? Worse .

Lastly I hate to bitch but I hate people saying a big sheet of filter material is $15 from these big photo vendors .
That’s just not true … it’s $15 plus tax plus $10 shipping .
It’s $25 minimum which makes it much much smarter to buy a big assortment of filters from me … instead of buying one big sheet for $25 you could get 6 -15 different materials for less money .
paying too much for only one big piece …95% of which you’ll never use just doesn’t make sense .

It’s not $15 … please stop saying it’s $15
It’s $25 +
And I’m going to be your best option for filters
rant over !

3 Thanks

I agree Boaz is the local source for Zircon minus green filters… fwiw an 804 is one of the lightest colors, it reduces output by only 16%.

I would want to know actual Opple 3 (or Sekonic) Tint DUV, before assuming that the new CSP LEDs are all at higher DUV than the Aluminium models.

in my personal experience, Ive had Aluminum TS10 with both very neutral DUV, as well as above DUV… Tint variation is not specific to the Ti model… best to measure the actual Tint of the actual light you receive, I dont think we can generalize and say that “this batch” is greener than the last… That is not my experience.

1 Thank

Ya, the 804 is a slight adjustment, it’s barely perceptible.
I have an lh351d that needed 802 to get to neutral. 803 is a good middle ground. I haven’t found a use for 801 yet.

But sometimes you might only want a slight adjustment, idk

And the tint is probably different between batches. They are just latticepower emitters after all

1 Thank

I’m sure the labels I gave to the zircon sheets got you confused . You said 801 but you’re actually talking about the 805 which I call Z1.
I named it Z for zircon and went from least strength filter z1 to z4 . Least to strongest 805,804,803,802,801.

Imo. … Any light needing an 801 is so far out of whack you need to emitter swap or buy a better light .
I’ve never sold the 801

No I meant 801. Ya, it’s pink AF

I haven’t ordered any from you I don’t think

I got the big piece. I use it on four LT1, K1 SBT90.2, Q8 Pro, cheap TS30 Pro, and to a E21A 5000k DT8. I applied a layer to the ALLPOWERS Power Station flashlight. The small piece is really small.

1 Thank

it reduces output by 40%, I would never use it

if the tint is that bad, I change the LED

It just makes anything super pink so output doesn’t even really matter at that point. Except a w2 green, one sheet hardly changes the color at all. Takes 4 layers stacked. Then output is definitely affected lol.

But ya, like I said I haven’t found a use for 801 yet either. And that lh351d I have 802 over was like fully green. Unusable amounts of green. And in a light that it wouldve been hard to swap

1 Thank

Agreed, but usually prices don’t include shipping. And if one buys just $34 more of other stuff (not hard as it’s B&H) then the shipping is ‘free’:

It’s $25 minimum which makes it much much smarter to buy a big assortment of filters from me … instead of buying one big sheet for $25 you could get 6 -15 different materials for less money .

Perfect, that’s exactly what I need, a large assortment on smaller pieces.

And I’m going to be your best option for filters
rant over!

:joy:

Seriously, your offer interests me profusely. I will get in touch with you as soon as I receive my last batch of lights and determine exactly what I’m going to need.

Thanks!

And thanks to @Jeffgoldblum for putting me in touch with you!

I’m curious how you’ve been here at least three years and never heard of minus green… well anyway you’re in for a treat, that stuff is amazing. I suggest also buying some DC fix from @Boaz.

I get the sense I’m on the extreme end of tint snobbery. Minus green has been a game changer for me. One of my favorite lights is a TS10 I modded with some nasty yellowish 2700k Samsung csp leds. It takes two layers, I forget which kind, of minus green to get it to a very pleasant tint, but it’s worth it - at least until some E21A that I ordered arrive.

1 Thank

I guess I haven’t been paying much attention to you tint-maniacs until recently… and that my 1st-gen TS10 with its wonderful 4000K LatticePower CSP LEDs has spoiled me :wink:

Yeah, I hope so. If my TiTS10 indeed comes with such a bad tint as people have been reporting, I don’t think I will be able to stand it.

It takes two layers, I forget which kind, of minus green to get it to a very pleasant tint, but it’s worth it - at least until some E21A that I ordered arrive.

Sounds like minus-green filter-layering is the gateway drug to LED swapping :wink:

Maybe… if you are willing to give up~35%+ of your output in the pursuit. Not being critical here… just saying.

If you put enough filtration in… can you even see the CCT/Tint ?? :japanese_ogre:

I mean we are giving up output for tint all the time

1 Thank

Yes, be careful. If you do become a tint snob you’ll probably become unhappy with many of your lights. But if you start swapping LEDs (which is usually quite easy) then all you need to do is stock up on 519A LEDs :slight_smile:

It all depends. On this TS10 I have with two layers of minus green (which even I admit is ridiculous), I only use it indoors at night. So I don’t need lots of output and I find the warm CCT and rosy tint to be soothing when I’m winding down for the day or feeding our baby in the middle of the night.

The output loss from one layer of minus green, particularly the weaker strength kinds, isn’t going to be perceptible. The effect will be less, but sometimes that’s all it takes if a hint of green is annoying you.

It seems everyone’s tint tolerance is different. Minus green is about the easiest and cheapest mod to try if tint does happen to be bothering you.

2 Thanks

Yes, and literally almost every LED is filtered already with phosphorus.

1 Thank