Wurkkos TS25 Aux Voltage Mode Issue?

Hi everyone, recently bought a Wurkkos TS25 after losing my TS21 and am really liking the light, but had one question was wondering if anyone had some advice on.

The issue is with the AUX LEDs when in voltage check mode (I’m on high brightness mode for the AUX LEDs, not sure if that has an effect on this issue).

Basically what seems to happen is once my battery reaches low enough voltage for the AUX light to be green (<3.7V per Anduril 2 documentation) it starts alternating between green and white about every 8 seconds.

According to the documentation it should show white when the voltage is over 4.4V.

Any ideas on why it’s jumping between green and white? I don’t seem to have the color jumping issue at voltages above the point where the AUX light becomes green, but it continues for everything below and even starts turning off / back on as it gets lower.

Could the light or battery be defective? Anyone else have this issue?

Demo of issue:

8-D67-CFF4-A3-C4-4353-B8-A3-F6-CDB529-E4-F3

Yes. I had this issue.

It happens to me when I set hybrid memory (10H > 2nd blink). The led colors change every 8 seconds. I suspect it is a bug, but I have hard time replicating it in all my Anduril lights. In some lights, the colors will change in high voltages (4.1 and up), in other lights the colors change in other voltage ranges. This happened in all my Anduril lights after updating them to the most recent version of Anduril 2.

There is one way to stop the aux leds from switching colors. You can set the lock-out timer (in lockout mode > 10H > click number of minutes to wait until the light goes into lock out mode automatically)

Hopefully, this bug(?) gets addressed in future revisions.

Interesting, for me it’s happening in the default automatic memory mode.

Thanks for the lockout mode suggestion, tried that and now instead of it cycling:

Green > White

In lockout mode it is doing:

Green > Cyan

Which at least makes more sense since those colors are next to each other in the Voltage to AUX Color chart.

So maybe because the actual voltage is right between those values that’s why it keeps changing every 8 seconds? It does seem to be exactly 8 seconds so wonder if that’s how long Anduril 2 is updating that value?

For now still on the fence about going for a replacement TS25, sounds like if this is an Anduril 2 bug a new light won’t help the issue.

Known bug and the voltage at which it happens, as well as the color it changes to vary.

1 Thank

When I set the auto lock-out timer, the switching stopped. (I don’t know how it will behave in lockout mode…) If you set the timer, a unused light in off state will enter lockout mode after the set minutes.

I have seen the switching aux lights in voltage mode in the following lights: D4v2, D1 mini, KR4. D4v2 and KR4 were originally Anduril 1, but updated to Anduril 2. After the update, the aux leds started switching colors. So, I know it is Anduril 2 problem.

1 Thank

Thanks for the info!

Was able to do some more testing and it seems like the switching does only happen on High Aux mode.

In Low or Blinking Aux mode with Voltage color mode, it’s working as expected and staying on just one color without changing every 8 seconds.

Thought the High Aux mode on this TS25 looked cool but with this bug think I’ll switch to Low or just set it to a fixed color instead of using the Voltage color mode

What’s the firmware version?

I’ve been trying to track down the source of an oscillating-aux-voltage-LED issue for years, and I think I finally fixed it. Anything 2023-04-25 or newer should have the issue fixed.

If it’s updating every 8 seconds, it’s probably an older version… because newer ones update once per second.

It may still oscillate between adjacent colors sometimes though, when the voltage is right at the boundary, especially on high mode. The reason for this is that the readings can actually change depending on the aux state. Let’s say it’s at 3.69V and it’s green. The battery recovers a little, to 3.70V. It turns green+blue to indicate the higher voltage. But this takes more power, so the battery sags a little. It goes back to 3.69V and turns green-only. The battery recovers a little since load is reduced, and it goes back to 3.70V. This cycle can repeat until it no longer right on the boundary.

If it’s oscillating between colors which aren’t next to each other though… that’s probably the bug I fixed. In that case, there was a lot of noise in the readings and some were totally bogus, and the behavior was highly dependent on nanosecond-precise timing.

4 Thanks

Appreciate the explanation!

Yep it does look like my TS25 is on an older version:

YYYY-MM-DD-NNNN
2022-07-25-0715

See the newer version is up on your site Index of /torches/fsm/anduril2 so sounds like I’ll be looking into getting my hands on a flashing kit and learning how to do the update lol

Thanks for the help!

here is a link to get the flashing tool if you are near France:

or if you are in usa, contact gchart

suggestion regarding Parasitic drain from Aux lights:

Do not leave the Aux On 24/7, instead unscrew the head when the light is not in use, so the Aux wont drain the battery so fast.

or, Program the Aux to turn Off when the light is locked.

I dont remember how many days it takes to drain the battery if Aux are On 24/7… maybe someone has that info handy… I think it was about 13 days, needs confirmation.

1 Thank

Thanks for the support everyone!

@gchart hooked me up with with a flashing kit that worked great, successfully updated my TS25 to:

anduril.2023-05-03.wurkkos-ts25.hex

And after going through a couple battery cycles can confirm I no longer have the oscillating AUX LED voltage mode issue.

Did notice one very minor new bug on the new firmware. All that happens is when I do 4C to switch to lockout mode (I have Off = Voltage Mode highest brightness / Lockout = Disco Mode highest brightness) it takes about 4-5 seconds after doing the 4C to start the Disco mode. Where on the older firmware it would start the Disco mode instantly on 4C.

Pretty much a non-issue for me but just figured I’d mention it.

1 Thank

This is a new voltage indicator mode. By default it shows the voltage for four seconds after the light was used.

3 Thanks

As SammysHP said, it shows the voltage for a few seconds after turning off. You should be able to change the timing (or disable that function entirely) by using a new config option. It’s in battcheck mode, 7H, option 2 (let go after the 2nd blink). Then click 0 or more times to tell it how many seconds to display the voltage. Zero turns it off, 1 is 1 second, the default is 4 for 4 seconds.

2 Thanks

same here

Thanks for posting about this, I copied you and confirm the new hex gives a battery voltage Aux color for 4 seconds after I turn the light Off (when unlocked)… it also gives the battery color check when I lock, and when I unlock…

I have Aux set to Red, so I can tell when it switches from Voltage mode, which shows blue for 4 seconds atm, because the battery is over 4V.

Thanks to Sammy and TK for explaining the 4 second voltage color check…

1 Thank

Thanks, great to hear it’s a new feature and not a bug! Had no idea about the Battcheck > 7H > 2nd flash option

In case anyone else is like me and keeps a diagram on their phone, here’s one that includes that new feature, based on the excellent one from containerfan on Reddit

2 Thanks

Recently updated to the latest TS25 firmware from Index of /torches/fsm/anduril2 :

anduril.2023-05-30.wurkkos-ts25.hex

And seem to have come across an issue I was wondering if anyone else was getting (may have been on the previous firmware as well). Once my battery gets to 3.3V and below, instead of the light being solid red on high brightness AUX voltage mode, mine is oscillating between red and white on a 1 second interval. Here’s an example:

IMG-0435

Anyone else getting this issue or know how to fix? Any ideas would be much appreciated

Well, white means a high (above normal battery) voltage. My guess is an integer under/overflow, but I think we might have to wait for TK to get back to us, as there seems to be another bug with the ADC somewhere that only happens on specific lights, so far I’ve not been able to identify any of mine that cause it which makes it a bit hard to debug :frowning:

1 Thank

I do not know if my TS25 does that, I dont let my battery get that low. If you are using TKs hex file from 5/30:
anduril.2023-05-30.wurkkos-ts25.hex

and it is causing problems, you could go back to the hex file that was originally on your TS25 (assuming you made a backup)

or you could reflash with TK’s previous version from 5/3:
anduril.2023-05-03.wurkkos-ts25.hex

1 Thank

Thanks for the suggestions!

Gave flashing anduril.2023-05-03.wurkkos-ts25.hex a shot and got the same behavior.

Starting to think maybe it could be a feature not a bug? Like it flashes that way as an extra warning to say ‘charge me now’. I haven’t gotten into setting up a dev environment for Anduril 2 so not sure if there’s a way to decompile the .hex to check for sure.

Currently I’m back on anduril.2023-05-30.wurkkos-ts25.hex and did notice a new feature I haven’t seen mentioned much, it’s a red/blue emergency type strobe that happens between the Tactical Strobe and Lightning modes.

Made an updated diagram for anyone interested:

Hmm… I’ll have to see if I can hook my TS25 up to a power supply where I can turn a knob to change voltage… and try to find a setting which maybe causes this issue to happen.

At a guess, I think maybe some of the measurements are failing and giving it a totally bogus value. Because white is basically an error code, saying “hey, it looks like the voltage is above what a li-ion cell should be capable of, so something is probably wrong”.

1 Thank