XHP35

I'd take some 3V 50/70s too if they were available. Only draw back would be to get max power from a 3v 70 you would need like an 18 amp drive current.

While the XHP50 and XHP70 have 4 electrical pads not 2 like the MTG2 before them and CREE claims they launched a big evolutionary package, that allows for 2 voltages unlike before when you had to buy different LEDs for different voltages, Actually that is not quite so true, they had the MC-E before which had 8 pads (actually pins) allowing for 3V 6V and 12V configurations (4P, 2S2P, 4S)

That is a very interesting point, and makes me think that if they can do it they just might :slight_smile: as i said fingers crossed.

Are you listening cree, i know your representatives are lurking here :stuck_out_tongue: please give us the XHP platform in 3V also :wink: i am sure at least some of your industrial customer can have use for it, just think of all the already made 3V plattforms you can sell this new XHP upgrade for.

Do your hear that……… :money_mouth_face: it is the sound of money in your bank…… :stuck_out_tongue:

…….and tiny pocket rockets setting pants on fire all over the world :bigsmile:

cajampa, are you talking about the XHP35? For the XHP50/70 to get the same output from these, as currently done, will require very high amps at 3V… the XHP35 should be ok. I believe the highest amps to drive these are 2 amps at +16v, thus this should translate to around 8 amps at 3V still quite high.

Yes i am talking about the XHP50/70 and the 35 also, all these quad dies could potentially be done like this.

If cree would make them for 3v/6v/12v with 8 pads, they could be run like normal 3v cree led in quads & the Vf lowers on triples and quads, that’s why we can get such high output & amp in triples and quads on single 18650 light.

I think Dale did a Nichia based quad that did 21 amp from a single 18650 cell, so we aren’t at the limit yet with the normal triple XP-L at around 9-11amp. + the cells get stronger all the time. The problem is cree’s high Vf.

So come on cree give us a 3V capable XHP platform, we know you can do it the old MC-E proves that :wink:

Sure, its probably possible to do that kind of amps… I tend to try and get a balance between being practical and getting high performance. 9-11 amps on a single 18650 will not work for me, its possible, but not practical. I hope CREE can get more efficient in there designs, hopefully something revolutionary in the future… Thus, the same energy we put into the current XM-Xs, XP-Xs LEDs now, but with much better performance.

Anyway, I’m all for 3V LEDs, so, agree on that! :wink:

the XHP50/70 have each die connected with individual bondwires as i remember…
thats why the gaps between them are so “big”

the XHP35 has the dies in series with direct contact

i was in the basement for a pic…

i would bet the upper bond wire is negative and the lower positive.
at 12V the current is low and that should be handled by one wire easy…

I just ordered one xhp35 at RMM store. can’t wait!

do you think I can use it with a 220v to 12v 0.9a driver like the one used in floodlights and COBs? and what about straight from a 12v2A power supply?

thanks!

Let me know how direct drive from a 12v transformer works

http://www.zebralight.com/SC600w-Mk-III-18650-XHP35-Flashlight-Neutral-White_p_173.html

We will soon find out how this works!

Straight from a power supply or transformer wont work (or a very short time :bigsmile: ).
Leds are current controlled, so you need a constant current output.
That’s why we all use led drivers, they have a constant current output. The output voltage will differ depending on the forward voltage of the led, which in turn can be higher or lower depending on the current and temperature of the led.
Forward voltage (Vf) is the voltage threshold of the led, with a voltage lower than the Vf the current will not flow.

I hope I have explained it well :smiley: .

Do you know,

input : 3.7-4.2V
output: 11-12V (1A)

driver?

exactly what you’re looking for at kaidomain, also found elsewhere possibly.

Clark thank you. but paypal does not work in Turkey.

oh sorry! I have never noticed that was the only option.

can you buy from cnqualitygoods.com?

Has anyone run a few XHP35 HI to destruction? Can they handle 3A without burning up, or is that just a little too much?

Been running a XHP35 HI E2 1C at 3.11amps 4S Mtn. Max Buck driver (measured at the LED) in a T90-2 so far so good!! :wink: Better be flowed on and heat sinked well!

Thanks for the info. I’m guessing you’re pretty close to the edge there, but nice to see that it’s on the right side of the edge.

I have blown the lesser bin XHP35’s I think they were C bin’s at 3 amps, but are surviving at 2.77 to 2.81.

I’m planning to shoot for 10-11amps total for a quad. I want max output but I can risk a blown emitter… I didn’t buy spares. I think I should be safe there.