XHP35

True. I hadn’t thought of that.

Hey folks. Need some input from an xhp35 savvy member. I'm wondering what I'm missing about the following 2 emitters. The higher binned emitter on DTP copper has a lower price than the bare lower binned emitter:

Trusted seller?

Looks to be Kai, not a bad price actually. I would grab those 5000k if I had the funds at the moment.

Oh snap, didn’t click on the pic! Heck yeah! Got one de-domed in the TN42, tint got real warm, the HI E4 3C version is real nice!

If you ca get hands on E4-3C HI do it, maybe later F2 come for HD, but who knows which tint and temperature they will be

Thanks Texas

Never did a XHP35HD light till now, a TK61 XHP35 E4 1D HD 3.0amp 4S LD2 M2 with 2.550” long 24awg Tinergy leads gives me 2.85amps at the emitter tested outside the light before assembling. But if a Higher Bin comes out and shows more lumens at 3.0 amps, I can just shorten the long leads.

Now I start the light assembly and made a 3.5mm copper pressed fit plate which seats against the TK shelf ledge with a 32mm Noctigon on top, with enough adjustment height to run the reflector on the board and also clear the contacts. Which was the problem with the 26mm board, couldn’t get down close enough to focus with out the reflector base resting on the leads. Modified K70 battery carrier to supply the 4S power. Hope I like the 1D tint!!

^

I was thinking the other day about that exact combo. That's going to be a sweet light. Please post keep us posted on your build.

XHP35 HI in the TK61 focused correctly gave me an extreme amount of throw. It can work very well.

Nice thrower but really would take a E4 HI LED

Yeah but I already have 5 or 6 Mega Thrower XHP35’s one of them is a de-domed HD TN42, just wanted to try a Dome on for once! :smiley:

But those are the key word’s, focused correctly, what a PITA with this TK61 plastic reflector!

The saga continues… LD-2 M2 sinked on the back of the copper plate, with AS5 poxy!

Got it wired up and then stayed up ALL night tuning and focusing and shaving and focusing, wow!

With the dome on, this is not what I would call a white wall hunters dream. Fuzzy hot spot fuzzy corona, was kind of disappointing really, plastic reflector torquing and twisting, but I got it as close as I can get it. I think a lot has to do with the ridges on the dome itself, acts to break up and smooth the beam, not really the greatest out of this TK61 reflector, I thought, then I went outside, this thing has some Out Put, 2.8amps measured at the emitter, and it has a really good size powerful beam, and all that fuzziness, well it’s gone when your lighting up the avenue, and the neighbors house down the street at 4:00 am!!

In Turbo this emitter sure dose not look like a 5000k neutral tint to me, it is Bright White, pure white, the fuzziness of the spot and corona are negated when your actually using it outside, and it does get warm, the heat transfer seems to be really good because it warms up fast inside the house, but outside this thing just cooked along nicely. Very impressive powerful beam, this should do really well as an outside search light, no problem. And it does throw really well too! Not like my hot rodded TN42,T90-2,SD75,TK61V4vn or the Stock K70 and my stock TN42, but it is impressive….outside! :+1:

How about a de-domed E4 HD 1C?

In a TN42…at 3+ amps at the emitter? :wink:

I bet you would! :smiley: :+1: