Xiaomi multitools: Xiaomi Nextool 16 in 1 [Xiaomi 13 in 1 see post #135 <$10, pics added]

Looks really nice. I like the fact that the pliers have replaceable wire cutters. That’s one thing I’m a little annoyed with on my multi-tools (if wire cutters are damaged its tough luck). I didn’t want to pay full Leatherman Wave price, so I bought one in gently used condition, specifically the older Made in USA release. Nice ergonomic size with cambered sides for good handling. I also got myself a used SOG Powerlock, for the compression pliers. They’re seriously strong. But if I didn’t have these, I’d pick up this Xiaomi… that version with liner locks.

For the ones w/dull blades, do they retain their edge (for a while); are the locks
A cut piece of metal which prevents accidental blade closings?

The intro price was unbelievably low, then upped when everyone jumped
on the bandwagon.

Oh, well. Guess my Wave serves its function.

RC, paid tax for something from China?

Today’s joke, NextTool on FleaBay for u see $100!

A major complain I have with a lot of multitools is poor steel choice. Here, 3Cr13Mov isn’t bad for some of the tools but 5Cr15Mov is pretty lame for the knife blade. I’m not asking for super steel or anything. I’d be happy with an 8Cr13Mov blade at this price. Heck, 7Cr17Mov would have been fine. In 2019, 5Cr15Mov just feels south of acceptable here.

Curiously, is there no file?

It has no file. I have the Pro with lock on the knife, no lock on the saw.
Though big scissors, else I’m not very happy with the tools composition.

My Pro has lock on knife and saw.

The Nextool Flagship 16-in-1 Pro Multi-Tool is $30 on Drop.com, and has been for a while.

If the $20 off promotion works on this item, the total will be $10.

For details, see the following post and the thread it is in:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/59502?page=7#comment-1597527

I had two of these, so I decided to mail one to a family member as a stocking stuffer, among other things. Well, apparently USPS confiscated it, as it never made it to him, but all the other items in the package did.

I knew switchblade knives were not permitted by USPS, but multitools??? Come on!

Wow, I've never had USPS confiscate anything, and I have bought tons of knives along with a few multitools.

I don't think they should be doing that as multitools aren't illegal in the states.

Some one may have opened the package and taken the Multitool out. Custom or other federal agents will leave a card in the package saying its been opened.

On another note that’s a great price id jump on this deal if i could.

Did they give you a notice saying that it was confiscated?

I ask because I’ve had USPS lose a few things lately…

Nope, nothing. I just assumed that’s what happened, but maybe someone else took it?

All I know is that when the recipient opened the package, everything else was there, except the multitool.

Legit it sounds like it was stolen. Lodge a complaint with them. When it’s scanned through depots it might be weighted? So maybe you can get insurance on it.

The person you sent it to is a friend?

Family member.

These are back at 24.99 USD
Nextool 24.99

Thirty bux thru Drop.

January drop off. Ah, well. :frowning:

Amazon had them for around this much last week.

Think of it as a little fringe benefit to the workers.

I lost my first Arc LS to someone in Homeland Security’s X-ray luggage screening operation, by including it in baggage I checked at the Denver airport years ago. I trust it’s still out there protecting the Homeland.

Thank you for your service

Caved in, and ordered one from Drop. Now the slow boat shuffle.

Thanks for the heads up...

That's a great price!