Xiaomi multitools: Xiaomi Nextool 16 in 1 [Xiaomi 13 in 1 see post #135 <$10, pics added]

I contacted BG. BG wants me to wait another 32 days before they do anything. LOL!

Ordering from China is for someone with patience and likes to gamble a bit. I've ordered a handful of items from BG and no issues so far. I ordered a handful of things from AliExpress and had 3 orders with issues. I've heard users who have had issues with BG. Just make sure you know their return policies before buying from them.

Yup. I’ve been playing this game for 3-4 years now ordering stuff from BG, GB, and AE, but lately it’s been more of a miss than a hit. I’m getting tired of it. To save a few bucks, it’s just not worth it to me anymore.

Hank, that’s sort of my point. For my important tools I already carry dedicated quality tools. Beyond those I want a really good pair of pliers and wire cutters, scissors, and the package cutter/cord cutter. This looks great for those.

I carry a quality knife (Quiet Carry iQ), Screwdriver (bigidesign bit bar soon to also be or be replaced by Chiseled Design Distinct, and a wrench (bigidesign EDC Wrench). All of these are significantly better and outperform any multi-tool I have seen. My total cost is higher, but I can use them separately if needed which with the wrench and screwdriver can be very useful and again they are better. I also carry slip-n-snip folding scissors which are fine, but not great.

So if I can find a multi-tool sans knife and saw or with removable knife and saw, I would get it. I have yet to find the right one. This looks to fit the bill if they are removable. If I could find a Leatherman Squirt or whatever the little one with pliers is called that had screws instead of rivets like the new ones, the knives were removable and I would just get by with the slip-n-snips.

If you can afford it, then order locally: More expensive, but arrives quickly and better warranty resolution. Also supports local economy. Some things you will have to order from China if you want latest and greatest :-)

Surprise, surprise… My Nextool from BG was delivered today. Neat little tool. I love the scissors and pliers. The knife is kind of dull, but OK.

I have a second one coming from Amazon. It’ll be a Christmas gift for someone.

Your knife is dull? Wow mine is actually the sharpest I have. I can cut paper really easily with it.

Yeah, it fails the paper cut test big time.

Has anyone looked to see if the Knife and saw are removable? I like it, but don’t want to spendthe money if not. I see it comes apart, but not sure if it functions with those removed. Maybe it would with washers in their place?

I’ve had a look at mine and it seems it would work without the knife and the saw blade if you use proper sized washers.

Thank you for looking!

Kindly disregard if this has been established already.

Not sure if this will still help this thread but I found a comparison between a

The only difference between the two is the “Nextool Flagship Pro”(left) has a liner(?) lock on the blade while the “Xiaomi Nextool Huo hou”(right) doesn’t.

Disclaimer: Image is not mine. I only have the Nextool Flagship Pro so I can’t answer comparison questions

Excellent info! So for my purposes the hou hou would be perfect.

Here is my review about the Xiaomi - Nextool multitool with non-locking knife blade.

Thanks for the review!

I need to get one of these when they go on sale again at Banggood.

My pleasure! :slight_smile:
There’s a buy 2 or more for 20% off discount for them at GearBest at the moment.

That's a pretty good deal over at GearBest.

I do want to get one with a locking blade, though, and the ones from Banggood are reportedly locking.

I had been looking at this , - Nextool , but don’t carry muti-tools cause I find them too cumbersome . Then I came across this Roxon with just blade and scissors ( which I use most ). I really like it .

Here's a better search for AliExpress:

http://chinaprices.us?q=nextool%2016

The cheapest one right now:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32980768291.html

is the locking knife type.

I'm think I'm going to order it.

It's on sale for $27.11, but I'm waiting for a possible 11/11 sale:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32980768291.html