Xiaomi multitools: Xiaomi Nextool 16 in 1 [Xiaomi 13 in 1 see post #135 <$10, pics added]

I'm right-handed and have a Wave.

If I'm not careful, it'll bite the skin of my palm as well.

“Glad” to know it happens to right-handers too :person_facepalming:

On the other hand, is there we can to do to avoid it, like filing a part of the knife to make it more rounded or whatever?

Not that I know of.

Too bad this is just stainless steel weighing a whopping 280g. If it was made of stronger and much lighter titanium, I would buy it.

But then it would cost triple the price :slight_smile:

Would you describe how the knife blade is ground?

I still use a Sabertool made with a hollow ground blade; they switched to a Chinese source and chisel ground blades a few years ago sad to say.

Mine weights 248g / 8.75 oz.
As I know titanium is stronger only by weight than steel. If you have a piece of titanium and a piece of hardened alloy steel exactly same sized the steel will be much stronger.

Still waiting on mine… according to USPS, it hasn’t even left China yet. WTH?

Then again, my recent order from AliExpress took some 40 days to get here, so maybe there is still hope.

The scissors at least look like a knockoff of the Roxon design

Contact them, it's probably returned to BG for "security" reasons, this is what happened with my order, but no one from BG contacted me about this, I had to ask what is status of my package.

SAK use also cheap soft steel and its good enough.

Yes, there is a big myth about titanium being the strongest metal ever made, but its less durable than steel! Otherwise they would make knifes with titanium blade.

I got an email from Banggood with the XIAOMI NEXTOOL 16 IN 1 on sale for $24.99

Of course shipping to the U.S. is over $10!

I ended up reordering mine via Fedex, and it went straight threw customs.

Can the knife and saw be removed? I already regularly carry 1-2 far superior knives and I have no need for the saw. With these things removed I could still carry this places where such things are prohibited. I like that this lacks most of the tools that I already carry better versions of, but does the tools I want really well, like pliers/wire cutters, scissors, and the line cutter/package opener.

This must be country specific. For US, I don’t even see a Fedex shipping option, but if there was one, it would probably cost $50 for shipping. :person_facepalming:

The $10 shipping for USA is actually fedex shipped from the US, even though they say CN warehouse. I got mine in like 2 days. You could also buy it from amazon with 2 day shipping for almost the same price

Actually, it is on prime sale so its only $31 shipped from amazon. Great deal

Not sure it had Fedex, think I chose expidieted.

Ugh… I wish I never ordered it from BG in the first place. There is no way they’re going to refund my money. If anything, they’ll resend me another one, and it’ll take another month before I receive it.

This ordering from China thing is really testing my patience lately. I’ve been spoiled by Amazon.

Recommendations for something better always appreciated.
I haven’t found any tool with a knife blade from China with a decent hollow ground edge, just flat chisel cuts that exemplify “cheap imitation”