XML/XPG 16mm sinkpads

I think they will be on one sheet but ill have to ask when the design gets done

What needs done is the solder pads needs to be scooted back and measuents of the pads and how much room for 20awg wire

Here’s my suggestion. Smaller slots and two sets of solder pads - one within the 10mm diameter and one outside of the 10mm diameter. This way you can use the outer one and be far out from center with a 16mm board, or you can grind/file it down to 10mm and still have a solder pad to use. The ring around the center is exactly 10mm for visual reference.

PPtk

I like that much better, never thought of that

Looks like a great design to me. Dual purpose, so if I wanted to make it a 14mm I would still have the 10mm pads to solder to, I like it. :wink:
The only thing maybe I would consider changing is bringing both pads closer to the wire slots some how or turning the led mount with pads to maybe 1 o’clock position. If you are using it as a 10mm the wire will have to run part the way around the side of the led. Both pads closer to the slots and it’s absolutely a genius design. :nerd_face:

Yes, Supergenius

Looks great , 16mm,14mm,10mm all in one

Me like!

Sheer genius Pilot! Excellent work there, covers all the bases with ingenuity.

That design would suit me perfectly. Thank you!

Latest design looks good. I have it on good authority that PilotPTK is sending out the hit men if anyone wants to change this design. Thanks.

I aint touchin nuttin!

How did you hear that? The only people that would know that are the people on the HitManNetwork.

I agree.

The random “cross” near the NEG pad is the mouse cursor - it’s not on the design.

If general consensus is reached about this design, I’ll update the XP-G/XP-E/XT-E design to match.

PPtk

Perfection :wink:

Go with this design :slight_smile: also PPtk can u add measurements of the solder pad size and the size of the wire slots ? And send me it if u can I don’t have 20awg wire to check the size

Large Pads are 0.075” Wide by 0.125” Long.
Small Pads are 0.050” Wide by 0.085” Long

Here’s the Mechanical

Here’s the XM-L + XP-G Render

And here is the
Gerbers - CAD Data

PPtk

Count me in for 10 xml and 5 xpg.

If anyone would like to be able to look at the raw cad data (gerbers)
GC-Prevue is one free gerber viewer
GC-Prevue

Viewmate is another
Viewmate

gerbv is another (and is completely open-source)
gerbv

PPtk

The way these are turning out, I may want to pick up more. you guys are awesome for putting in the work for this.

I’ll be in for 6 xml

I’ll be in for 7 x XML and 1 x XPG

Truly ingenious. I’ll go for 10 of each. I think the “committee” is out of a job.