xml2 announced!!!!

When these are more prevalent, I am definitely ordering a pile of them.

ChiggerPeppi: I'm looking for something in the 1A-1D range, have you found something like that?

Yes, but they list it as “on order”

Here: XM-L2 U2
It’s the E1 Chromaticity group, which is: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D

They also have an XM-L2 U2 in the E2 Chromaticity group on order. A slightly warmer cool white. 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D

These both show an estimated ship date of 12/31/2012.

They’re also the brightest bin listed available!

Well, thank you kind sir. :)

That's vinh. Very good modder. He did my 7G9 - highly recommend him.

Illumination Supply mentioned the XML2 on Facebook, so I asked them when they’re making them available and they said: “They will be available bare at first mid-next week”

Anyone offering these on a good copper star yet?

I want to drive one hard in my HD2010!

keep an eye on led-tech.de

Might take some months, its not been a long time since they finalled stocked the XPG2..

:stuck_out_tongue:

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cree-Inc/XMLBWT-00-0000-0000U20E1/?qs=%2Fha2pyFadugT81E5ATN6iypLPUtlojxkXV5at8dB7j9NfKGqtvN8mIvne5VhluFf

not sure if this has been asked, tried or failed yet… but is it possible to dedome an xml2?

Why not? It’s gonna have the same crap over it like the XM-L.
Why would you like to do that though?

Anybody post a comparison picture of the same bin and tint between XM-L and XM-L2!

I have a dedomed XM-L2 in my X7 and HD2010. :wink:

Well, I did exacty that with a BLF mini, but, I realized later that the "before" shot of the XML T6 3C was done with the assembly messed up (don't think the reflector was full screwed into the pill) so the beam wasn't properly focused. The "after" shot looks great though . Link: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/14649

Andi - how do you like the dedomed results? What dedeoming technique did you use? Sorry, you probably have it posted elsewhere but maybe you can just provide a link?

Dedome technique is same as XM-L1: CLICK

Same color chanche as XM-L1…much warmer, blue is missing, but for me, it´s ok.

XM-L1 U2 <> XM-L2 U2 = ~30% more Lux(dedomed)

Interesting the XM-L2 does that much better. Tried that link and it just takes me to post #751 by DrJones in the "big dedome" thread which doesn't seem related? Not sure...

Hmmm, should be post #263

I guess Tom E doesnt use the standard "comments per page" setting.

Ok - found it, read up on it. Thanks! Yep - got my comments/page cranked up , hhmm, maybe should back off to std. I use a fast scroll mouse (gaming type) so bigger page sizes are easy. Got lots of T6 1A's floating around - need to test/experiment.