Yezl Z1X CREE XM-L T6 $29.99

Sorry to hear that and thanks for the heads up mizjif. Hopefully they are sending out better made ones. I'll definitely be waiting for the reviews before first I buy one.

Now that's really a disappointment. As I sayed above: Take a TR-801 and upgrade to XM-L, it's pretty much the same...

I don't agree entirely , for me is too big also ... as for the finish maybe i'm spoiled with the Hugsbys and the Romisens but I have a 'police' one with better anodized... is a very good flashlight but look better in the pics than in hand...I 'gifted' mine...

This is disappointing, but thank you both for letting us know. Lets hope that these two samples are the exception and not the rule.

And for those who have mentioned it, I have a t6 on a 16mm star on the way and a 2800mah driver from KD that will be going into my TR-801 :)

Oo.....arenat used the 'G' word.Surprised

I'm looking at both of my TrustFire TR-801's and it looks tiny inside them. Looks like major surgery to me but what do I know--I've never done anything like that.Frown

I am really looking forward to how it turns out.

No, it's actually easy to do. It just took 20 minutes.

Watch out fishingfool , the grammar police could ostracize you in a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean ....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Oh wait......I'm already here. :bigsmile:

Mine tailstands perfectly , the tail cap is a glow in the dark but not a brilliant one ..doesn't matter cuz I don't really care about GITD anyway .The bezel has 1 3/4ers turns on it I was actually kind of impressed it had that much thread on it .I was originally thinking of grinding the bezel because I thought it looked sharp but it's really not that bad .The body is neither good nor is it bad . the Yezl markings look like they will be the first to go which is ok because I like all black anyway . I personally don't like the flat spots on the middle section .They don't keep the light from rolling and make a light slicker than I like ..I want extra super H/D knurling . Bodywise it's pretty average ..What it does do is what i'ts really made for ..It's bright , brighter than almost any drop in p-60 I have . brighter than hell and NO strobe or disco modes ..I always have to ask myself .. what would I pay to NOT have flash on my lights ??if i subtract 8$ off the price ,counting that as the cost of another driver and the pain of putting it together ..for me it was cheap 25 shipped -8 =17$ pocket rocket .All in all not bad light .

I find myself picking up the B2s stainless steel N-lights more often .. one reason is the feel of the stainless and the other is the tint .. the yezel z1 tint isn't as nice ..all these lights are insane bright .. the xml just makes perfect sense

Has anyone put a 16mm XM-L into a TR-801 yet? Will I KD 2.8a driver fit? Seems like it would be an amazing edc 18650. ( I wouldnt use it on high for more than a few minutes)

I did. But I didn't make any endurance tests to see how hot it gets. I use it daily since and it performs fine. It pulls 2800 mA at the tailcap at 4,2 volt. It's a bit floodier and slightly less bright than the RQ XML from KD.

Mizjif could you post some pictures of (maybe a mini-tutorial) the prodedure when you mod it?

Any pics of the pill and or flashlight as a whole? Is the 801 one of the smallest 18650 lights available? Thanks -Cessna

The smallest is the Shiningbeam S-mini.

It's 4mm shorter and 2mm less in diameter. I didn't make fotos from my TR-801 yet. It's very simple to do and I didn't expect sombody would ask for it. The pill is the shiny ring, which is visible from the outside. Maybe the pictures on manafont would help.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-tr801-3mode-memory-led-flashlight-118650-p-5554

I have done a couple of mods already, I was just curious as to what that baby looks like with an xml in it. A beamshot would be nice to see, but no worries if you don't feel like taking pics.

I think a lot of people would be interested in the light though, maybe you should create a new thread. Mizjif looks like he is going to be making the same light too! I have one on the way also so I think there is something to this little guy....

Quick update:
My Z1 xml just arrived today. Initial thoughts are: Holy hell is this thing bright!
Looked like it was a bit more than 2.5a…
The Fluke confirmed it. 3a in high! Now I gotta tear it apart to make sure the thermal issues have been addressed, just for peace of mind. Also the beam is pretty ringy. I’ll try and get a proper review up this weekend, unless someone else beats me to it.

I'm wondering about this one, and will look forward to reading your opinion of this light.

Hi Match,

Can your Z1 tailstand?