Yezl Z1X CREE XM-L T6 $29.99

Mine tailstands perfectly. Got it yesterday. Wow its bright. I didn't measure the current at the tailcap yet, but it appears as bright as my p60 XML driven at 3.1A!

Got out the multimeter and the heavy leads tonight to check this thing out. On a blue 2400 Trustfire it pulled 2.4A. On an IMR 18650 it was...

3.5A There's no way this light can handle that. Maybe this thing needs a driver swap. But for now I'll just go with the ol' blue cell and live with a measely 2.5A. LOL

BTW, the clip for a L2/L2p works fine on this light. It just looks a bit odd.

How low is the low mode? I know, XML is all about a wall of light, but I generally only carry lights that have a decent low for normal use.

How much brighter was your light with the IMR? I read your post and purchased an IMR for my Yezl Z1X because...3.5 amps through this thing just sounds wicked.

I have an Ultrafire Red "3000"mAh in it now and the current is only 1.9A, which bugs me.

3000mah is about 2300 mah IRL. Actual highest mah would be AW 2900's, but they're 17 bux a pop!

I have one of those on the way with the IMR. Hope to have them on Monday. I hear that these Ultrafire Reds have a resistor in the tail to make them seem like they have a higher capacity because of a higher run time. That would also explain my low current draw.

There is also that thread on CPF where the Ultrafire Red explodes in a mans light and shreads his hands. I don't really want to mess with this cell any more, it just seems crappy. Oh, and it doesn't fit well either.

That's scary.

Welcome to BLF KLowD9x!

Have a good time here, I do...

Aloha and to BLF KLowD9x!

I couldn’t see any difference, but I’m sure there was. At least for a few seconds. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s just way too much power for this light. I think I’d actually prefer 1.9A. I also wish it had a lower low.

Wasn't that the story about the 2 or 3 batteries in series, which were charged overnight? That exploded when the flashlight was off?

Two batteries were charged over night, one battery the next morning. As soon as the light was turned on, it exploded.

Also, thank for fishinfool and don.

Ok guys this review of this is making want to bang my head against a wall. I want a small light that is bright , as bright as I can get for a relatively small light. Since it seems to be getting somewhat mixed reviews what other options are there?

Just got one. The build and then anodisation feels excellent though the threads could be better and weren't lubed. The bezel thread was pretty gritty but I won't be removing it anyway.

The tint is a nice white, though I prefer something a little warmer, and it has a good balance between flood and throw.

Shipping wasn't free but at least it was fast - ordered on the 22nd, posted the next day, and received on the 28th.