You make the call...P45B

Disclaimer- I don’t get paid for this and I don’t get any free batteries.

Liionwholesale got their P45B on Wednesday…posted today. They got 3,000. Limited quantities set by Molicel.

18650 has had them a few months.

Liionwholesale cost $ 9.74 with a manufacturing date of 2M830 translates to 2022, August 30th.

18650 costs $10.99 with a date code of 2M419.
Translates to 2022, April 19th.

Liionwholesale $1.25 cheaper and 4 months, 11 days fresher.:grin:

You make the Call.:thinking::money_mouth_face::blush:

2 Thanks

Of course they are 10.99 now, since I just paid 12.99 last week. Sigh…

That sucks. Always seems that way. If you need more get them for $9.74 at Liion ,$9.55 when you buy four.

1 Thank

Think I’d rather save the money and get the P42A’s for $6.

Hard to see the value in the extra $4 a cell.

I thought they were waiting for the P45 “A” cells.

1 Thank

Don’t forget the shipping costs. Some of these retailers have different minimum purchase thresholds to get free shipping. And their minimum cost for basic shipping can vary dramatically. I’ve seen some that have a modest shipping price at first, but then as you add cells, the cost jumps up dramatically.

1 Thank

I added 8 of those P45B’s to my cart and went to check out. $11.49 for standard ground, $27.41 for UPS ground. So $11 to $13 a cell after shipping. Depending on shipping method. I couldn’t find a dollar amount where you may get free shipping.

If I ordered 50 of the P42A’s from IMR I can get UPS ground shipping for $13. After the discount for amount of cells ordered. Which I would probably order getting cells for me and 2 friends. I would end up spending $5.25 per cell shipped.

2 Thanks

Me too.

Oh well, we have them in our lights right now.

A while back I wanted to order a few 10440 cells, but shipping was costing more than the batteries. So I made a list of other cells I could use and added. I had to play with what I included because I was seeing thresholds passed, causing spikes in shipping costs. This was on the 18650 Battery Store, and one other… So Liionwholesale has a shipping cap at $11.49 for standard shipping?

I have no idea what their shipping costs are. I’m very fortunate cuz I don’t have to pay for shipping. I have friends and family in the area. They get them for me and when I come back to my hometown I pick them up.

The B stands for “low impedance” with Molicel model names, for example in 18650s they have the regular P28A, and P28B low impedance (for higher current applications).

I think they decided to call it the P45B as its resistance is low enough to classify the normal model as “low impedance” compared to the P42A.

I see. It is a drastic difference? Just out of curiosity.

It seems like there isn’t a huge difference, but it is better than the P42A in every aspect (capacity, resistance, high current properties). AFAIK the longest lasting and highest current (above 20A) 21700 in the market, with the Samsung 50S lasting longer below 20A.

Thank you, that is good information to have. I really don’t have any super high drain 21700 lights but, I am always looking for something new. I was thinking about a new thrower. I don’t really have a super thrower, just some C8 type hot rods. I’d like to have a multi 21700 single emitter thrower. Not wanting to go the LEP route yet.

I’d love to buy from them but they only ship to Canada with UPS, and UPS are legitimately crooks when it comes to shipping from the US to Canada. I’m not sure liionwholesale realizes how much UPS tacks on in fees. They’re the Ticketmaster of couriers.

Check this out. These are all the extra fees they add only for Canadian customers on top of the $40 you already paid for shipping, and not including any actual duty or taxes. These are just arbitrary fees that UPS made up.

Take that in. This isn’t even all of their fees, it’s just the most complete list I could find on a single page. They charge you ~$35 just to act as a “customs broker” for you, which just means they give the paperwork to customs and they stamp it. If you have to pay duties or taxes, UPS adds a percentage of those on to your bill as their own duties and taxes. If your shipment is <$40 and you don’t have to pay duty, UPS adds a $15 low-value shipment fee. If they decide something on the form isn’t right, a form the seller filled out and the buyer has no control over, they charge the buyer $5 for that. What? Why? They even charge you a $6 payment collection fee. It’s a fee for paying them their fees. They charge you a $6 fee for the privilege of paying them their other fees.

All of this isn’t told to the buyer until they show up at your door with the package and a credit card machine, and it’s on top of what you already paid for shipping. And if you don’t have the money right away, they charge you $20+ to come get it later. And if you can’t afford it at all, you dont get your stuff and you pay for shipping back to them, plus a 20% restocking fee.

Other couriers do have some arbitrary fees here and there, but no other courier does this at the level UPS does. And USPS has none of this.

This means that if I wanted to buy a single $4.50 Molicel p28 from them shipped with UPS, and it has to be shipped UPS because that’s the only option they give you, I’d be looking at a bill >$100USD. How much over is hard to say because UPS just adds on whatever they want.

Shipped USPS, a single $4.50 Molicel would only cost me ~$25. Maybe UPS is faster or more secure, idk, but it’s irrelevant when nobody can afford to use them.

I’m only a 6 hour drive away from their store. It’d almost be cheaper just to drive there myself.

Please add USPS as a shipping option to Canada. I’ll sign a “I won’t complain if it takes a long time” waiver and everything.

3 Thanks

Heard good things about the convoy 3x21a though its UI is not Anduril-grade. The Noctigon K1 is also a spectacular single 21700 thrower, with pretty much any of its original emitter choices. The new Wurkkos TS30S Pro is a bargain for an SBT90 thrower.

If you do go LEP, you can get lots of price/performance if you get a Thor 3 when it goes on sale, can be had for under 100usd and throws far enough that you need magnification to get full use out of it. It also sips battery, way more efficient than an LED if you don’t care about the lack of spill or tint shifty beam (at shorter distances).

I appreciate the tips. An Anduril UI isn’t important to me. As long as there are no blinky’s in the mode sequence I can deal with it. Looked at the Acebeam K75 but that is a little out of my flashlight budget.

I will take a look at those suggestions. I live on a good chunk of land and it’s nice to do a sweep of it at night. Catch all kinds of things and critters sometimes.

Thanks again, I will take a look at those.

Look at Mooches review. You’ll see how much of a difference it is. I’ll try to locate the link. But if you Google mooch’s review of the p45b you’ll find it.

Here it is.

These tests below only note my personal ESTIMATED ratings for the batteries I tested at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the… Bench Test Results: Molicel P45B - 50A 4500mAh 21700…an incredible cell | E-Cigarette Forum

2 Thanks

The K1 is my favorite mid-ranged light.

Mine is modified. SBT90.2, 5800 lumens at turn on and 550 Kcd.:+1::flashlight::ok_hand:

2 Thanks