Zebralight SC64 equivalent size and UI

Thanks. I just took delivery of the FC13. Pretty impressive performance and the Anduril 2 is very well done and fairly easy to navigate. Easy access to low and high from the off position was no problem. Other nice features like the find in the dark aux light etc. etc.
However, it’s considerably longer and about 40% heavier than the SC64 with a terrible pocket clip. So it will definitely not replace the SC64 as my EDC but will be a good backup light and useful to take on trips as a spare.

In case some visuals might help, here’s a graphing calculator showing some of the ramp shapes I’ve used in different Anduril lights.

From left to right, the shapes shown are x2, x3, x5, and x9. But the exponent can be anything, even 3.7231 or whatever… to really fine-tune things.

Usually I find the best ramp shapes are between the blue line and the green line, but not always. It really depends on the specific light being calibrated.

21700 without a counterweight unbalances the light sometimes, D1 already felt nicer with the short tube than 18650, surprised that Hank went for a d1k, not a 21700 d1s.

And it also depends on balance preferences, length restrictions, and battery life and throw needs. I’m more averse to length than bezel diameter, which is why I like the dt8 and d1 with short tube more than 18650 lights. Given the cheap b35am option at the moment, I think the D1 is my default rec to people, the only nit to pick is the moonlight output.

@samsat Looks like the SC64c LE is back in stock now:

OK great, that’s comforting to know. Thanks.

I’m aware of that, but my comment was a response to the comment I quoted recommending lights with Anduril firmware and FET drivers.

Im huge Anduril fan, thanks for all you do.

Feature request, OPTION for Nitecore D10 Style Ramping:

Alternate the direction of ramping, using the same 1H command.

With the OPTION enabled, there would be no time limit, to alternate direction up, down, up, down… etc

I highly doubt that would be very popular. That would mean that if I last ramped up and then minutes later wanted to ramp up more I’d have to first 1H ramp down, then 1H ramp up. Sorry, this is bad UI. There’s a good reason the “1H alternating ramp direction” resets after a short time delay.

1 Thank

Dont worry…
You would not have to use the OPTION if you dont want to.

I also doubt it would be added as an option since flash space of the MCU is at a premium (for some devices).

That said, it would be fairly trivial to make the code change to make this the default behavior and compile it for your various devices.

Would you please build me a Hex for the SC21 Pro and TS10?

I see the cfg header for the SC21 Pro but not for the TS10. What’s the last 4 digits of the version check? I assume it probably piggybacks on another device config/build.

Thank You! this is all over my head

the version check last 4 digits are 0714 if I counted right…

can you confirm the info youre asking for by looking at this list, where I got the hex file I use now:

I use anduril.2022-07-19.wurkkos-ts10.hex

and does this info help confirm the TS10 model number?:

fwiw, the hex I use for the SC21 Pro also comes from gchart:
anduril.2022-10-12.sofirn-sc21-pro.hex

OK, using the configs from Gabe’s repo and also the latest code from ToyKeeper’s I’ve compiled up the HEXs.

I had never compiled for attiny 1616 before so had to get that configured. Also hit a compile error, looks like there’s a typo in the “hwdef-Sofirn_SP10-Pro.h” file (“FUSE_ACTIVE0_bm” should be “FUSE_ACTIVE_0_bm”). Probably a change in the attiny pack. Anyway, not important.

Please note, I don’t have an SP10 Pro or TS10 so this was untested. However, I only had to uncomment 3 lines in 3 separate files to remove the auto reverse direction reset from the ramp, candle, and lightning modes.

Also, you should now have the new tactical mode: 6C from off
More info on tactical mode: ~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2 : revision 657

Another option instead of disabling the auto reverse reset is to change the default timeout from 2/3sec to something much higher, like 1 minute (if you prefer). After a minute I’d likely forget which direction I last ramped :laughing:

SP10 Pro: anduril.sofirn-sp10-pro.hex - no reset ramp direction after 2/3sec - for jon_slider - Pastebin.com
TS10: anduril.wurkkos-ts10.hex - no reset ramp direction after 2/3sec - for jon_slider - Pastebin.com

2 Thanks

Thanks! The TS10 Ramp Reversing works perfectly! :wink:
https://i.imgur.com/8GTyakt.jpg

Brilliant job! :beer:

fwiw, I dont have an SP10 Pro, but thanks for your efforts on that model.

I have an SC21 Pro, if you care to take the time…

and if you would pm me your paypal, I would like to buy you a Pint to express my gratitude

1 Thank

Ha, I misread that as SP10 Pro. I believe the SC21 Pro uses the SP36-t1616 config. Please check before flashing “0614”.

SP36-t1616: anduril.sofirn-sp36-t1616.hex - no reset ramp direction after 2/3sec - for jon_slider - Pastebin.com

Edit: found the proper SC21 Pro config and compiled it, see my later reply

No need; I’m already enjoying a pint at the moment.

As quahog said, there are reasons why it doesn’t work that way. However, it’s really easy to change the code to switch it to D10 style ramping… basically just remove a few lines. Even just 1 line would do it. In ramp-mode.c

else if (event == EV_tick) {
        // un-reverse after 1 second
        if (arg == AUTO_REVERSE_TIME) ramp_direction = 1;

Remove that AUTO_REVERSE_TIME line. And optionally remove similar lines in candle-mode.c and strobe-modes.c.

Or, as another option, you could edit the cfg-whatever.h file for your light, and add one line:

#define AUTO_REVERSE_TIME 99999

The internal timer can only count up to 65535 clock “ticks”, so it can never reach a value of 99999. So it would never automatically reset the ramp direction.

Or, even better, change the auto reverse time to a sensible value which suits your preferences. There are 62 “ticks” per second, with a maximum of 65535, so you could set it to wait up to ~17 minutes before it resets the ramp direction.

#define AUTO_REVERSE_TIME 55800  // 15 minutes

The default value is in config-default.h. You could simply edit this one line to set a new value which applies to all hardware models:

#define AUTO_REVERSE_TIME (TICKS_PER_SECOND * 2 / 3)

Anyway, the hard part is getting the compiler environment set up. That depends on your OS, and although it’s usually pretty straightforward, attiny1616 devices like the TS10 require a few extra steps to install some files from Atmel. I’d recommend doing it though, because then you can change all sorts of things and really tailor it to your exact preferences.

Oh, I found the proper config for the SC21 pro “0632”

SC21 Pro hex: anduril.sofirn-sc21-pro.hex - no reset ramp direction after 2/3sec - for jon_slider - Pastebin.com

1 Thank

thanks for trying to help, but, I have neither the hardware nor the comprehension skills to figure out how build my own hex files.

Outstanding! works perfectly… woohoo!

fwiw if anyone else tries to download the file, what worked for me was to display the RAW file and then save it with .hex at the end of the filename
eg: SC21rampmod.hex

1 Thank