FandyFire HD2010, looks like will be 26650 compatible

159 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain
FandyFire HD2010, looks like will be 26650 compatible

I have just seen today this new light (or at least new for me), and I saw there is an adapter tube, so it looks like will also work with 26650, or maybe it is 25500 who knows.

The reflector looks to be a big one, 63mm according to specs.

It is not the quality of a Shadow, but it is not the same price, this one is $35.60.


Here some pictures of it:




Edited by: Anonymous (not verified) on 08/23/2012 - 16:13
raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 17084
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA
Hill
Hill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/07/2011 - 07:42
Posts: 684
Location: Northeast USA

Yavi - thanks for posting.  I really  like that new host from DX. 

However, it's hard to tell from the picture whether the body will accept a 26mm sized cell.  Judging by the DX photo, it may only be wide enough for a 22650 like this host (image below - which I have and converted to xm-L @ 2.8A), but I could be wrong.  Without the body dimensions, it will be a hit or miss.  At $35, it may be a big risk if you are only interested in 26650 batteries...

 

My lights here and here

 

CheapThrills
CheapThrills's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 07/02/2011 - 10:45
Posts: 3650
Location: Suomi
The adaptor tube seems to be so thick, that I would bet my money on 26-27mm inner diameter OR just a fraction under 26...
yavi
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

It is difficult to know it, I at least there were a picture showing the tube and battery closer I could resize it on autocad.

For me it looks about 3.5-4mm thick wall on the plastic tube, which would be an inner diameter of about 19 to put the 18650 inside plus 4x2 equal to 26-27mm.

But as I said unless someone takes the risk accepting he might only be able to use 18650 and maybe 22650 and 25500..

The size of the reflector looks like it will be a good thrower anyway.

Night Breaker
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 03:53
Posts: 113
Location: Rindge, NH

I decided to accept the risk. I strongly believe this will accept a 26650 battery. In fact I strongly suspect it is designed for 26650, but doesn't list it (I realize this may be wishful thinking..). Nonetheless, I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on this one.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'm correct.

If I end up lucking out on this decision, I'm thinking that the King Kong 26650 would be a good choice? http://www.intl-outdoor.com/kingkong-26650-4000mah-liion-battery-p-136.html

What would be the best bang for the buck in terms of a charger? Is this too low-end, or would this work well? http://www.intl-outdoor.com/ml102-usb-charger-for-18650-26650-battery-p-...

Thanks for any and all input.

Joe

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

Night Breaker wrote:

If I end up lucking out on this decision, I'm thinking that the King Kong 26650 would be a good choice? http://www.intl-outdoor.com/kingkong-26650-4000mah-liion-battery-p-136.html

Yes, At 1A they have around 4500mAh and they have 4100+ even at 10A, so you can't go wrong with those.

Night Breaker
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 03:53
Posts: 113
Location: Rindge, NH

Hikelite wrote:

Night Breaker wrote:

If I end up lucking out on this decision, I'm thinking that the King Kong 26650 would be a good choice? http://www.intl-outdoor.com/kingkong-26650-4000mah-liion-battery-p-136.html

Yes, At 1A they have around 4500mAh and they have 4100+ even at 10A, so you can't go wrong with those.

Thank you. How about a decent 26650 charger?

I just ordered a charger for $12, but I don't believe it will charge 26650: http://www.dinodirect.com/li-ion-battery-fast-chargers-multifunctionl-cy...

I'm wondering if an existing generic 18650 charger might be modded somehow so that it would charge a 26650? Or perhaps this is ill-advised...

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

Night Breaker wrote:

Hikelite wrote:

Night Breaker wrote:

If I end up lucking out on this decision, I'm thinking that the King Kong 26650 would be a good choice? http://www.intl-outdoor.com/kingkong-26650-4000mah-liion-battery-p-136.html

Yes, At 1A they have around 4500mAh and they have 4100+ even at 10A, so you can't go wrong with those.

Thank you. How about a decent 26650 charger?

I just ordered a charger for $12, but I don't believe it will charge 26650: http://www.dinodirect.com/li-ion-battery-fast-chargers-multifunctionl-cy...

It will charge, but you can't put a 26650 cell in those narrow bays.

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

Good luck night Breaker, I cross my fingers what you'll receive will fit 26650's.

This is not the best date for quick shipments, but lets see if you can get it in two-three weeks.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

yavi wrote:

Good luck night Breaker, I cross my fingers what you'll receive will fit 26650's.

This is not the best date for quick shipments, but lets see if you can get it in two-three weeks.

How to you expect to make contact since the KK are flat tops. 

Anyway he can use something to ensure there is a contact and the charger will work.

Night Breaker
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 03:53
Posts: 113
Location: Rindge, NH

I'm going to order this charger: http://www.intl-outdoor.com/ml102-usb-charger-for-18650-26650-battery-p-243.html when I order two King Kong 26650 batteries.

2100
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/28/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 4512
Location: SINGAPORE

Just solder a blob of solder on top of the KKs.  But do it quick, don't overheat the cells. 

But do not use magnets to be that temporary blob.  It's dangerous and may cause a short if you drop the light. (even if the inner tube is anodized)

mizjif
mizjif's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 09/23/2010 - 03:13
Posts: 1982
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada

I want to know what size head it has ! Looks pretty nice!

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

yavi wrote:

The reflector looks to be a big one, 63mm according to specs.

The head is 63mm not the reflector.

green_comet
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/02/2011 - 03:10
Posts: 24
Location: Melbourne, Australia.

I saw this yesterday on DX, looks interesting. Looks like a good light to bridge the gap between my Ultrafire KF-T60 and Fandyfire STL-V6. Think I might order one.

aoighean
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/11/2011 - 18:14
Posts: 20
Location: edinburgh

Hikelite wrote:

yavi wrote:

Good luck night Breaker, I cross my fingers what you'll receive will fit 26650's.

This is not the best date for quick shipments, but lets see if you can get it in two-three weeks.

How to you expect to make contact since the KK are flat tops. 

Anyway he can use something to ensure there is a contact and the charger will work.

if you look at the second last pic you can see the head has a spring contact so shouldn't be a problem for flat tops

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

aoighean wrote:

Hikelite wrote:

yavi wrote:

Good luck night Breaker, I cross my fingers what you'll receive will fit 26650's.

This is not the best date for quick shipments, but lets see if you can get it in two-three weeks.

How to you expect to make contact since the KK are flat tops. 

Anyway he can use something to ensure there is a contact and the charger will work.

if you look at the second last pic you can see the head has a spring contact so shouldn't be a problem for flat tops

I was talking about the TR charger all along, since  it was the question if it can charge the 26650 with it. I said, it can charge a 26650 cell, but it won't fit.

A slight mix-up.  

Or course the is no problem using a flat top cell in that Fandy flashlight.

Hill
Hill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/07/2011 - 07:42
Posts: 684
Location: Northeast USA

I found 18650 to 26650 adapters on DX.  Judging by the size of the adapters side by side, it seems the Fandyfire host should accommodate 26650 cells.

My lights here and here

 

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

I don't have the King kong, but I do have the MNKE, and I have charged them with the TR001.

As they are not protected, the lenght is not too big, so there is still a gap to cover in the charger.

I added a magnet to make contact with the positive and the charger, here you can see it on these pictures.

*I think this charger charges at 450mAh, it takes a long time to do it, so actually I am doing it with the Sysmax intellicharger which does it at around 850mAH (they fit on this one without any help).

I would recommend you to do it on another trustfire charger witht the same shape as the TR001 but at a bigger amperage.

 

 

Night Breaker