East-92 4amp 17mm driver

I hope you get good ones too! You sure been having trouble getting them. I suppose it was just your back order items holding it up?

Yes - it seemed like the back-ordered items were what was holding the orders up… funny thing was some of those were showing as “in stock” on the product pages all that time, but in my order page, showed as being pending. I just got tired of waiting, so just went into the orders and cancelled everything that wasn’t “ready”. Caution again, that FT does deduct some amount from the amount paid when the items are cancelled though.

Arrived today - got the N06, not the N03 driver … the inventory tag was on the outside of the bubble-wrapped package, which somewhat explains how the inventory is mixed. There is a 2nd number (03804 on mine) besides the SKU, so that may have been a way they could track batches.

Well, test them already :)!!

Mine was shipped, but has been in “Acceptance” for several days now….

with the driver with the bad mosfet (dtu40n06 mosfet) i have got with one xm-l:

2.5 amp with normal battery (trustfire 3000mah protected)

and 3.7 amp with aw 18650 imr

this mosfet appears to have around 0.03 ohm of rds that are too much :Sp

I cant find now the driver with the good mosfet t70n03 :open_mouth: I have ordered other 2 esat-92

Sorry, my son still has my soldering iron so results from me will be MIA.

Hopefully they’re working their way to the bottom of the pile and have just sent yours out. This package with no cells was very squared off (not likely to have loose cells) and took 5 days from Accept to Process, IIRC.

I’m not planning to file a complaint on this since I figured it was a gamble and had a use for it either way. May order a couple more if the old inventory has cleared out and price stays low.

So it seems that the East-092 with bad mosfet dtu40n06 still can deliver high current, but do they really have big difference between the bad and good mosfet?

And by the way, maybe a Samsung 20R could deliver more current through it?

Maybe someone might like to start a group buy to replace the DTU40n06 with the T70n03.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_trksid=p2053587.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.Xt70n03&\_nkw=t70n03&\_sacat=0&\_from=R40
.50 cents a piece if you buy 50.
UPDATE: Someone is buying these things up. There where like 10 or 12 listings, now there only 2. Someone also bought the listing for 50 for $25. :open_mouth:
I hurried up and purchased 10 before they where gone.
Update: Looks like more have been listed again.

I’m assuming you’re intending to swap the “good” MOSFET for the “bad” MOSFET on your EAST-092 drivers from FT? Is that MOSFET the ONLY difference between the “good” vs. “bad” drivers?

Looking at the pics, they appear to be the exact same besides the MOSFET.
Which the good MOSFET has a lower Rds(on).
I have another driver that I’ll be using (experimenting) them for also.

Ok, thanks. I went ahead and ordered 6 of the MOSFETs, in case, the drivers I get have the “bad” MOSFET, so can you post back about your results?

Jim

Need to order some East-92 drivers first. Will post back if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

The Ebay estimate for the chips says mid-October, so I should (I hope) have the drivers I ordered from FT by then (they’re now in “Origin post, whatever that means), so probably no rush :(…

They sent me one EAST-092 and one EAST-092B.

Testing with a cell/LED that runs at 3.80A in true direct drive. The 092 board runs at 2.45A on high. 092B runs at 850mA on high (but strangely, the 'O' in SOS mode is on long enough for me to get a reading with the meter, and in SOS, it's at 2.45A).

What a disappointment. I am still waiting on my last batch to get here. I haven’t tested any of the ones I got recently. I was busy hanging a new tv this weekend. Hopefully I will have time this upcoming weekend to test.

Ken

Hi comfy,

When you said:

was that with the driver on the left in post #113?

It looks like neither of the drivers in the pic in post #113 have the “T70N03” MOSFET chip?

It looks like the one on the right has the “DTU40N06” chip, and the one on the left has a “4858NG” chip (is it this one: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/dlmain/SFDatasheet-7/sf-000149202.pdf?).

Also FYI, I opened up my HD2010, which I think has the old/original/good “EAST-092” driver, and that has the “T70N03” MOSFET chip.

Sub-1amp 092B on the left, 2.5A 092 on the right.

Seeing as neither is as advertised I may experiment with swapping in FETs from my Big Pile 'O Leftover Junk.

Any updates on these drivers? Mine are still in-transit but on their way, just left SFO on 10/5, so should be here some time this coming week :)!! MOSFETs from Ebay however, are still further behind - apparently just left HK.

In the Pile I found:

http://75.65.123.78/MTD3302.pdf

http://75.65.123.78/APM3055L.pdf

http://75.65.123.78/HUF76121D.pdf

Any of those worth messing with? If the Rds(on) is the important bit, MTD3302 looks to be the lowest, though they don't all use the same V/A for the Rds specs so I don't know if they're directly comparable or not. I only know how to stick things together with solder, the rest I have to leave to the smart people... :tired: