Group Buy CLOSED: MAXToch SN6X-2X

KD40's reflector is 61mm inner diameter at the head, while the TN31's is 66mm. Depth is important - I've got and worked on a few lights where the depth is too deep for the diameter and it actually throws less - the Niwalker Vostro BK-FA01 is an example, also a TrustFire 168A and the SupFire X5 are other examples on the smaller scale. The hot spot's will look nice and compact on a white wall, but with a meter and in true outdoor conditions, they don't perform well.

I would agree with Krono’s comments regarding Maxtoch and customer services rep Amanda. Its a reason I’ve been happy to recommend them here and elsewhere.

A couple of years ago we were looking for new hunting lights and after reading a review here by Old4570 on the SN6X-2 model of that time we contacted Maxtoch. We’ve found them head and shoulders above other overseas companies to deal with. China post is still china post…. but their willingness to listen to design advice in the development of product, and their customer service atitude has been second to none. You can choose Fedex/DHL which we’ve done for some bulk orders, and that’s about 5-7 days to your door.

Hunting is just one of many light uses but after advice they have for example specifically developed a newer model SN6X-2S lighteweight (called ‘Sniper’) which is due out soon. Manualman, Tom E etc from this site have also had made suggestions for optimum output for this new one.

And it works for them - they have sold hundreds of SNs into NZ where these lights are real favourites for the outdoors.

The 2X also resulted from discussion round the idea of a big head SN variant. I do hope its construction allows max output modding. Very keen to see how things go. I think people will find it a well made light, and if it can be tweaked to 300+k it’ll represent great buyer value at its $60 purchase price.

Good work Krono…

I too hope we will see more of MaxToch.
There are other lights on their website that look very interesting, but they really might consider to offer Paypal payment as a general option.

In this group buy pictures of emitter and driver side and data about spacing there (possible emitter witdh, emitter screwed or glued, size of driver hole) might have helped. Many of us don’t leave a light ‘as is’ and to know the options helps a lot.

I for myself am very anxious to get this light in my hands, so thanks again, krono.

Ok - maybe they are great to deal with personally, but that website? What gives? It's severely out-of-date. Home page features a "new" light that is a J12 clone, well maybe they are the ones making the original, but it's dated Jan 18, 2012 and it's featured as the flagship new product on their home page? The product page lists it at 5,000 lumens right there with a beamshot!! If MaxToch is one of the true manufacturers then they should be the ones to blame for the over inflated specs, because it seems like the vendors always blame the manufacturer for the erroneous specs.

All their new lights have XML T6's, none are listing XM-L2's but we know they are making/shipping them. Am I simply on the wrong website - http://maxtoch.com/ ? How could they leave their website so out-dated, I don't get it.

That’s probably one persons fault, the one person in charge of the site is sleeping on it. I haven’t updated mine in a couple of forevers either, most of the time forget I have one. LOL. Need to get on that.

I really like the look of this light, the sturdiness it seems to have. Might leave it stock, then again … might not! :wink:

Sure, it's probably just one guy, but this is a manufacturer trying to make a name for itself and leaving it's website idle for like 18 months, is a sign they don't care about their image very much, like they don't need to. If I'm buying a name brand product, I want to be able to access the manufacturer's specs and support for that product and this is not cutting it. I just pm'ed Amanda - see what she says.

I wonder if it’s because they make so many lights for other brands that they’re not really worried about their own name band line? But why do their own line if that’s the case? Interesting conundrum, let us know what Amanda’s response is please.

Tom - I think you are right on this. An up-to-date website and lights inventory is really important once a company starts to reach out to buyers online. So too are very clear specs for lights. I’ll also send a note on this too. Probably been in the ‘to do’ basket but I suspect they’ll nail it pretty quick.

I agree about the website issue…have also asked Amanda and hopefully they will update it.

FYI…all SN6X-2X lights have been shipped.

Amanda got back to me -- for now, they disabled the site I see, which she mentioned. They'll be getting someone to create a new one. Hopefully it wil get some priority.

Wow, they listen quick! Instead of leaving it up a little longer, they realized it looked bad on em so took it down completely, will come out with an all new site which should make em look pretty good.

The very fact that they take feedback to heart says a great deal, in my opinion. Good on y’all MAXToch! :slight_smile:

Yes - I agree. I suggested she add contact info to what is displayed now, we will see. I can see now why krono and others seem to really like working with them. Amanda's offering on the AliExpress store should represent their current offerings.

I got the email that my light had been shipped on the 4th, but the tracking data reads weird…not sure what to make of it.

Mon 04.11.2013 17:40 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 04.11.2013 17:40 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 04.11.2013 17:40 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 11.11.2013 10:50 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 11.11.2013 10:50 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 11.11.2013 10:50 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE

Makes it look like it got sent back to em and they mailed it again??? Don’t have a clue what’s up with that. Did everyone else get their light in a timely manner?

I would PM Amanda and see what she can come up with.

I have different problem. After 3 days my package appeared in tracking system (shipped 11.8, appeared today) and first three steps are the same like above. Thing is that tracking system from in my local post says: destination country - Switzerland. I hope it’s not true because I live far away from Switzerland…

I know they used Swiss Post on many of the packages because of the HK/China Post debacle…perhaps that is what you are seeing?

Last I checked, mine is similar to yours Dale... Tracking has been awful lately, even US to US doesn't get updated til the day the package arrives, sometimes. Mine was shipped Oct 28th, last update was Nov 5th in Singapore. I'm figuring another week or two, and can't count on tracking info. You should see my WallBuys order tracking -- awful, and much longer.

Agreed, mine looks the same (even same timestamp)
Mon 04.11.2013 17:40 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 04.11.2013 17:40 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 04.11.2013 17:40 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 11.11.2013 10:50 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 11.11.2013 10:50 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Mon 11.11.2013 10:50 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
I’ll give it some time, the mysteries of shipping logistics are beyond me

Has anyone else noticed the phenomenon such that when ordering something that you don’t need right away, or get particularly excited about, it comes to your door in record time. But get excited about a product or need something really bad and it takes 3 forevers, a fortnight and half a tomorrow to show up!!!

I really really want to get my hands on this light! :slight_smile: