MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Did you order an all stock version, or with mods?

I got it stock, then proceeded to tweak it out. :slight_smile:

He ordered the stock version, which did 2600 OTF out of the box. He then swapped in some XM-L2s on Noctigons and it bumped up to 2688 OTF without touching the driver. He then adding copper braid to the tailcap and bypassed the current limiting resistors and got nearly 5,000 OTF.

Here's the gist of our conversation:

DBCStm: How many resistors do you think I should add to boost the current?

RMM: You've got Noctigons in there, you don't need resistors. That's what lower modes are for!

Thanks RMM. I’m looking forward to receiving mine. I just ordered Mod 1 to get rid of the disco modes. I’ll do the rest when it gets here :bigsmile:

Recieved a mod#2 SRK from Richard today.Just got four 25R’s charged up and the wife and kid are both in bed.Time to play! :slight_smile:

You’ll need em!

The strobe modes could come in handy, but they’re a nuisance. Having to click through the entire menu is bothersome. I will most likely end up changing that. It’s not horrible, I mean, you can always twist the body and kill it by breaking connection, but it’s a pita.

If the strobes were hidden it would be much better. And if Lo were considerably less than 670 lumens. lol

Not on the M6!

did you take out all the resistors on the M6? :open_mouth:

A simple quarter turn or less of the body and it’s off. Easy peasy.

I didn’t remove any resistors, simply soldered a solid wire about 1/8” long into the open 4th bay of each channel.

After a little use it seems like my M6 doesn't like to lockout 100% of the time; however, yours may be different.

Ahh, well, I just got mine this afternoon :slight_smile: Reckon I’ll have to get the UI fixed so it won’t have to be locked out so often. Thank You for all the help in that regard, really appreciate the guidance. And of course I knew the sense resistors could be bypassed for a direct drive approach, but didn’t know if this was one of those lights that could handle doing that. So I had ordered more R056 resistors to stack to bring power up but still control it somewhat. Oh well, they might come in handy somewhere else…

I was expecting the tint to be good w/T63C’s, but the beam is a lot tighter that my unmodifyed T-mart king.Then of course there is output.Now mind you I am comparing a very CW light to a much warmer tint, Richards build just destroys the “factory” king.Even after step down with the light getting warm…it’s still brighter.Oh ya, I thought the step-down timer was a bit silly.I’m not thinking that now.Letting things cool-off then it’s going against the TK75! >)

Ordered Saturday and it was in my box today. Thanks

Question, on the 3 and 4 x 7135 drivers I can’t quite make out the values of the 2 resistors, are they the same as on the 105C. The board layout is slightly different from the ones I bought from IS (no longer stocked)which did use the same values. I ask because these are a more cost effective option than the 105C for the FET mod if you use the lfpak56 to replace the 7135’s and is single sided as well.

Edit: From the pictures of the Fast tech 4 x 7135 and the Mtn E 3 x 7135 driver the 3 x is better as it has a better path for led+. The Fast tech shows the correct resistors. Were I going to design a board for this FET I would base the design on the 3x layout.

As far as I can see from looking at various copies the AK47A has the "normal" 105C resistors, the 101 does not. This is why no custom firmware options are available for the 101 (4 x 7135.)

Just got my M6 piggybacked and flashed, and it’s freaking awesome! As is Richard for all his help in making it possible! :slight_smile:

Not only is it my brightest light, it’s also my dimmest! 7 modes with output levels in the lightbox like this… .17, 4.5, 24, 110, 438, 1059, 4740. Yes, those are out the front numbers with partially used cells!!! .17 lumens, from 3 emitters? Nuts! (Yes, that’s a decimal point in front of the 17! Less than 1/4 lumen! And it will go LOWER! I set mine at 27, bottom end is 22)

And not only that, but it is a one click to the next mode at any time…no double clicks. AND one click backwards with a half second long press!!! So, you can start in Turbo from the off position with a simple half second long press. Or, click once for moon…walk to the fridge and eat the last of the brownies and ice cream…one long press and it’s off again. You don’t have to progress through higher modes in the dark!!! Woohoo!!!

Yes, this is exciting. Awesome light, which I’ve known since October, but with this kind of UI it’s just incredibly usable for almost any chore.

Well done Richard! Well Done!

I see you have some 25rs in stock

the site says 2 in stock - is this correct?

I was looking to pick up 4 or maybe even more

Yes, only two.

ok np

there must be a short supply of these babies :slight_smile:

Ooooh, looks like you got some Panasonic restocks, especially the protected PF's :) Very nice.