Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Probably, at this point no one battery will save us but….please, tell me which battery do you think is better to pull off at least 3.A (then was what we had hoped…)

Flat top or not, protected/unprotected, we need the best cell!

But, it is sad to say that from my cheap UltraFire F10 (XM-L U2) + 1x2400 Eagletac I take 2.2A… :frowning:

Or 2x18350? I was wondering the same thing.

I hope someone who can easily fix it will try, just in case…

I think my DMM reads slightly low on voltages. I have two chargers a 4Sevens and an Xtar SP2 and a Xtar XP1 although that won’t do anything bigger than 14500’s. Voltage readings are the same off all 3 chargers for a variety of batteries. From RCR to 14500, 18350, 16650, 18650 and 26650. All batteries bought new and large variety of brands but all quality. Panasonic, Sanyo, Efest, EagleTac, Int’l Outdoor.

Even taking this into account though. The tail cap readings for the X6 are still lower than a lot of my other lights using the same DMM and batteries.

Had a chance to use the torch tonight. Have to say, the tint is fantastic (NW) and the beam is bloody nice too. Such a shame it’s not the hot rod it was promised to be. On the flip side, the low is actually very low and likely to keep moonlight fans happy!!!

What an awesome post, thank you!

So are people going to be changing the drivers on these?

To be fair. It’s nice as is, it’s not what you’d call dim. Far from it. I was just hoping for the headline figures and something above and beyond most off the shelf lights.

In isolation it’s very nice. But I feel it hasn’t lived up to the specs. It certainly doesn’t out perform my old stock Crelant V6CS with a gen 1 XM-L.

I have a CW X6 SE on the way. If that performs similar I may swap out the driver. But will wait and see.

Overall happy’ish. Just a bit miffed.

Why would they use a buck driver that can only handle 1x18650? I question the “4.2V” maximum.

and two comments later I got the answer :wink:

L4M4, direct links to a post does not work. People have a different comments-per-page settings, that breaks the link.

It doesn’t look as bright to me as either of your others, am I not seeing it right?

Sorry, that is for Chicken Drumstick. I don’t know why I keep forgetting the quote function.

Yeah unfortunately, I think this is the point of his pictures…its definitely not the “hotrod out of the box” light we wanted.

Right, gotcha. Still can’t wait to get mine, but…

I waited for the NW to be ready for the second wave. A storm rolls through as I’m placing my order and the Internet goes down. The same storm then knocks out power for two days. I finally get ready to place my order and now this.

I suppose it can wait a bit until BG says something to the forum. It’s after 6am Saturday there now anyway. I don’t suppose waiting until after the weekend is over will make a difference. :frowning:

I di not have NCR18650B but have 2 NCR18650A and they are poor at pulling amps compared my other Panasonic and Sanyo batteries, If fact my Trustfire 3100 are Equal to this battery

I’m glad you are going to test it, but really, AR coated lens and a copper star only make much of an appreciable difference when the light produces a lot of lumens. So, its looking more like every other light, unless we have the skills and mod them, this “hotrod out of the box” has to be judged by the output vs what was claimed… and preliminaries show similar 18650 lights can beat it so far. Maybe if it can at least maintain high voltage and output with 2x18650, this could still be decent, can you make certain of this? “Turbo” timer of an average output 2.3-1.87A is also just downright silly, can the timer be disabled?

We started with a “out of the box hotrod”, first noted as maybe possible 4.0A “wow light”, went to a 3.5A “wow light”, then went to a 3.3A “better than most”, then 3.2A “good enough” with a “good” cell, now that people get it, if its really a 2.3A on great and 1.87A light on standard batteries, its really an average light for non modders and gifters intents and purposes. The “out of the box hotrod light” was why there was so much excitement over this light as I see it… so this news leaves me being bummed out over a light…whatever your actual reading accuracy, its the same error for known vs the new light, so the comparison is the proof. :frowning:

Well, at least the NW doesn’t look green…

I think this GB was rushed from the start. That's why I pulled out. People who were given the lights to test did not test them properly, this should have been sorted out at the testing stage so things can be ironed out.

There was euphoria about the light itself and the amps some members were getting, using a power supply. This will only be a issue if you wanted about 3.5amps for 3 minutes, otherwise this is a good light.

@ B42, Sad but true. Still a good light, but not what everyone was expecting (he says, pessimistically, before even receiving his). I really hope you are on to something about the two cell possibility.