Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Thanks Blinky1 for finding Krono’s reasoning.

Now I feel justified in my offering a solution. After all, I thought that is what the purpose was in the “eval” process.

It can’t hurt to ask Eagle Eyes on what they have in their toolbox!

If nothing else, a few hack tips from Eagle Eyes would be nice to have in our back pockets.

Hello I am the number 93 of the list.
You could update me with 2 flashlights : 1 NW and 1 CW :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hey Tom, I added some copper to the inside of the pill (under the LED shelf) using 16mm copper discs soldered together. Due to the limited space in there the finished copper disc was ~ 4mm thick. Had to cut reliefs on two sides for the LED leads. As is often said “any copper is better than none”.

Here’s a photo:

Here’s where I wrote and posted some more photos of the X6 in Posts #6 and #11:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28481

I’m confused, is this still going on? If it is, I’d like to be included for one NW. Thanks.

Yes, it is still on. We don’t even know the modes, or the final price yet. Production will start when things get decided.

Yes, fast cycling through all the modes 3-4 times sounds like a great way to enable/disable the memory. It could even change mode groups that way. And everyone would get the UI they prefer. :slight_smile:

Hi max - recall your post bout it now. Wondering if the copper made contact to the side of the housing in the pill. Not sure how effective it would be without that contact. Idea is to give more mass to the pill top and bigger path for the heat to escape to the body/housing. Some debate the effectiveness, but I think it would help somewhat, depending on runtimes and temp differential between LED and outside air. If the copper is only making contact to the pill top, doesn't seem as effective. Not sure if Dale did anything on his super X6's inside the pill cavity.

In for one NW, thanks.

This is a bit offtopic, but that copper plate could be cut in half, to allow it fit in there and contact sides too.

I didn’t add anything to the 3 I’ve hot rodded. They get hot but cool quickly.

Edit: I should say I didn’t add any heat sinking.

And you are not opinionated, I presume?

Didn’t know max output is detrimental to vision. Don’t they have max output to see things better?

Of course the full moon affects the night vision to the extent that you don’t even need a flashlight in night hike. Should we be shooting down the full moon? And shouldn’t the max output be banned?

As I said, my “dance around” refers to the “wait”. So mode sequence is not spelled out yet according to JohnnyMac. But according to DBCstm it’s already spelled out by 400 members.

Little correction in mine with the list. There’s a CW in amongst there (1 CW and 3 NW). Thanks.

In for a NW one. Darn these glowing and positive reviews!!

I could definitely use a couple of these lights.
Put me down for 1 NW and 1 CW please.

Lol the logo was leaked :slight_smile:

I’m in for one NW.

As post 1447 stands now, missing a lot that came after, here’s the stats:

NW: 285
CW: 142
NP: 95
Needs fix: 4 (Users # 42,131,145 need something for a preference shown, and user 405 has an incorrect entry[see posts 1041 & 1043, they were both requests for nw])

Could anyone be trusted to update the list that’s willing to do it? If needed, I’d do it.

Bro
I am on the No 440 list. I wish to add on additional 1 more CW light. So finally I will have 1 NW and 1CW.

Thanks

I would like one of these in NW.

Thanks, Blinky.

PWM for moon works just fine if you have the right driver. A qlite driver or flashed nanjg driver can do a nice moon mode with rather fast PWM. My EDC gets 0.14 lumens on moon, at 18 kHz, down from a maximum of about 450 lumens, which means the on-time in its duty cycle is about one hundred-millionth of a second.

I find it to be a nearly ideal moon mode — bright enough to light an entire room at night but dim enough not to kill my night vision.

The hard part about doing a moon mode this way is that it’s highly dependent on the small differences in individual parts. On one unit it might get 0.14 lumens, while on another it might get 0.29 and another might barely light up at all. Also, it’s rather inefficient since it spends most of its time ramping up and down instead of emitting light. Slower PWM makes it less sensitive to individual part differences, but it also doesn’t look as good.