Difference between Opus BT-C3400 & BT-C3100 v2.1?

/\\\\
Donā€™t blame you about the dresser. But if any of those chargers have bottom vents your pushing itā€¦ Imho of courseā€¦. :wink:

IF you have them flat on the towel that is. :slight_smile:

The only one that has bottom vents is the Opus.Now it is elevated,like I said it does not nor did it ever get hot.

My Fenix ARE-C2 has no vents and has Mr.Slab of steel and the KP L2 has no vents. I got my first 2 Fenix chargers over 3 years ago. So prior to Mr. slab of steel invention it never blew up!

/\\\\\
:+1: ā€¦. Excellent. :wink:

With that said I am sure there is some soft material where the chargers wonā€™t slide, that is fire proof and will protect my dresser.

I just do not know what that would be!

In all honesty I have no fear of the chargers or batteries malfunctioning and causing a fire.I know its possible,when one is home, like I am when they are charging, I can do something about it.

WOW!!! I just got a reply from Opus about the SMPS!! I just emailed them yesterday,let me read it and I will post it,then I have to hit the hay!

Nothing to get excited about!! Look how brief! I have more questions for them,what kind? What are the specs?,ECT.

Here is his feeble response!!

sales@opus-instrument.com
10:54 PM (21 minutes ago)

to me
Hi, Robert.

we are improving the power supply, and all new shipment will have improved power adapter.

regards

henry

:person_facepalming: :frowning:

Here was my response,like it is going to do any good!!! a barrage of questions!! lol!

Hello,

Who is the manufacturer? What are the specs? Is it more than 3a?

Did you test it to see if it can handle the spikes in current when the batteries are at a low voltage and/or transitioning from discharge to charge?

Did you read my entire email and see how and why the KYT120300BV Failed and the APD WA-36A12U seemed to do fine.

Why did you switch power supply manufacturers from the 2.1 to the 2.2?

Thanks,Robert

BREAKING NEWS!*****BREAKING NEWS!*******BREAKING NEWS!

As you see the response from Opus HQ was not too informative!

However, I just got an updated response from "rdana" who is the only one who sells the BT-C3400 V3.1.......For those who did not know that.

Hopefully the NEW UPDATED SMPS will apply to ALL models of Opus chargers. At the moment I can only confirm it applies to the V3.1.

I will keep you updated and informed as my investigation progresses.I will continue to vigorously search for the answers.

I did ask him in a follow up email if he knows if the NEW SMPS will be for ALL Opus models.

I asked HQ the same question,,,we will see if they reply!

Here is "rdana's" reply that I got this morning:

New message: Well, I have been working with them o...

New message from: rdana (31,160)

Well, I have been working with them on redesign of the power adapter. It is really complete redesign. The high current trip limit will be raised and the continuous current rating will be increased. It will take some time to test and I will get them with my new shipment. I will be getting some replacements so if you need one to replace a unit for a C3400 let me know. Probably ship about end of May or early June.
Robert

DC Workshop
PO Box 1084
Fair Oaks CA 95628-1084
United States

ebaysales@
dc-workshop.com

sales@
danaco.net

www.dc-workshop.com
WWW.danaco.net

My investigation is DONE unless OPUS HQ gives me a clear cut answer. 5 posts in a row is enough!

Hi Robert,

Do you know or did Opus HQ indicate to you that the upgraded Power supply will also replace the one used for the BT-C3100 2.2?

That is the question I am trying to find out!

I emailed them that specific question and I am waiting/hoping to hear back from them.

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,Robert

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New message from: rdana (31,161)

Robert,
Most likely. Every time I specify a change they usually put it in the C3100 as well, but not always. My concern is only with the C3400 as I do not sell the C3100.
Robert

DC Workshop
PO Box 1084
Fair Oaks CA 95628-1084
United States

ebaysales@
dc-workshop.com

sales@
danaco.net

www.dc-workshop.com
WWW.danaco.net

wolfdog1226ā€¦ā€¦ In honor & recognition of your tireless & selfless work, going above & far beyond the call of duty investigating the C-3100 & C-3400 OPUS chargersā€¦ā€¦ I confer upon you the honor of being just what the badge representation image below says.

Congratulations my friend & fellow BLFā€™er!!! :beer: . :beer: . :beer:

<span class=ā€œknows. who so shippingā€+ā€¦ +ā€œfree sent and pond the across from ordered was It breath. your hold donā€™t but awardā€¦ this accompanied have should & with goes that badge a is there Alsoā€> :person_facepalming:
:smiley:

Thanks for that email address wolfedog, I just sent him an email also. :slight_smile:

Maybe if people start speaking up about the ā€œproblemā€ and the somewhat stupid reason for it, they will actually take it seriously and really do something about it. We can always hopeā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ :smiley: Thanks for kicking it offā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. :wink:

I hope you do know I am just joking around with you about your title, badge, and all. :smiley:

BUT, seriouslyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. you have put A LOT of time in on this tracking down stuff and checking out different sellers, etc., etc., etc. You must be :weary:

Gauss has done his share to. I would get him a badge also; but he would probably wear it. :person_facepalming: ā€¦ :slight_smile:
Just messing with yaā€™ Gauss, thank you for what you have done also. :smiley: ā€¦ :beer:

And HKJā€¦ that man does not need a badge as far as I am concerned. There ainā€™t one big enough to cover all he knows and doesā€¦ :slight_smile: Thank you again HKJ. :+1:

Hopefully this saga will live happily eve rafter. :wink:

I want the badge! I will wear it when I charge my batteries and on the TRAIL, :sunglasses:

Here is my address:

Roberto Capolini
333 Fenix-Opus Drive
Acquasanta terme, Italia

Can you imagine the looks youā€™d getā€”first people trying to read all of thatā€”then the ones that can/trying to understand what it meansā€”LOL

A police Officer/detective would probably de-badge me for Phony law enforcement!!

s. I got my TN42 Holster today,posted/pmā€™d you on CPF.

It may be a while on the badgeā€¦ remember that ā€œfree shippingā€ from across the pond part. :wink:

I think you need to print that out, frame it, & hang it above your antique dresser charging station as an Award Plaque. :+1:
:smiley:

I JUST GOT MY ANSWER FROM OPUS!!

IF HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH[!] THEN "ALL" OPUS CHARGERS IN THE FUTURE WILL HAVE THE NEW POWER SUPPLY!

Now we wait until someone gets a new one and ask them to take a picture of it!!

NOW THE INVESTIGATION IS COMPLETE UNLESS THE STATEMENT BELOW IS A FALLACY AND MEANT TO SHUT ME UP!!!

sales@opus-instrument.com

10:04 PM (6 minutes ago)
to me
Hi,
new power adapter will be used for all our chargersļ¼š bt-c3400 and bt-c3100
regards
henry
EDIT: L.IONWHOLESALE ONLY HAS 11 OPUS BT-C3100 CHARGERS LEFT. WHEN JON GETS HIS NEW BATCH I WILL BE OVER TO INSPECT AND TAKE PHOTO OF NEW POWER SUPPLY!

:+1:
Well done grasshopperā€¦ā€¦

There was a lot of contributors,,,,,,,HKJ,Dr. Gauss [who lately seems to have mostly disappeared!] "rdana", Wolfdog, Teacher and some others who I can not remember!!!

Check the instruction manual too wolfdog & see if it mentions a higher discharge termination voltageā€¦. like is supposed to be happening to the 3400.

I hope not.

Oh I knowā€¦. I was just referring to that last answer you got from the Opus guy. :slight_smile:

I am not sure how that works. But I would think that would be the chargers internal parts that determine that?

The 3100 2.2 and 3400 V3.1 are different chargers . For instance if I used my lite-on for either that would have nothing to do with the discharge termination voltage.

I would think the 3100 and 3400 are going to stay the same and ā€œrdanaā€ is the ONLY one who gets the 3400.

I read your post again. I will read the manual just to make sure they did not change the 3100. I would be very surprised if they did. as we know from a quality SMPS, A decent replacement will have no problem w/ the low voltage of batteries during transition from discharge to charge,~ 2.8/3.0v.