Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

:party: That is great news, and it makes the bare ones an even better deal :slight_smile:
EDIT I just got my bare A6, and it HAS the AR lens so buyers beware.

If any of you BLF A6 owners & new converts to the very nice 3D tint, haven’t seen it without an AR lens that makes the 3D much greener. You have to try it without an AR lens it is so much nicer, if you liked it with an AR i am certain you will enjoy it even more without.

To bad it is kind of dicey to open the head with many led’s on these dedoming themselves, otherwise i would recommend buying a plain glass lens, but now i am not sure it is a good idea for non modders to attempt.

And that is what makes the bare one in 3D such a nice option :slight_smile:
EDIT I just got my bare A6, and it HAS the AR lens so buyers beware.

This is the BLF A6 and the stock AR glass and the 3D tint at turbo with a GA cell, taken with a crappy mobil camera.

and this is my little modded Jexree Mini with the same 3D tint and just a plain glass lens without AR.

Notice how the hotspot is similar but with a bit added green in the AR shot and the spill is very different and much greener on the A6 with AR, and NW with a hint of rose in the light with the 3D tint without AR.
Remember to not compare the beam shape because the reflectors are massively different, i am only talking about the tint here.

I will say i doesn’t quite look this bad in person probably because chromatic adaption & we don’t really use light on white walls besides taking beamshots :wink:
And outside the added green doesn’t stand out so much, BUT i still very much prefer the non AR spoiled 3D tint.

So is this confirmed, the bare aluminum version does not have any coating, just bare glass?

Mine had an even bored tube, better threads no purple AR and a somewhat reasonable clip now too. More importantly, bare is purdy :slight_smile: I think it looks significantly better than the black version, which is very ordinary, especially after taking the first run poorly done clips off. I’m only using the bare one now, been gifting some of the others. :slight_smile:

Just one question, i don’t have this blf a6, only convoy s2. Which will throw farther, a6 or s2? if the both have the same emitter and driver.

S2 because it has a deeper reflector. However the A6 will not only have a much larger spill.

Last Friday I received my unit.It has some details that indicate that there is little or no quality control. I consider myself lucky, seen some cases could have been worse.

(Click on images to enlarge)

LED/centering relationship remains poor quality control for this model. Also in my unit there is dirt inside the reflector, it looks like it was assembled in the workshop under the tree

Srings: offset/inclined

The tube remains poor quality control for this model.

The user interface works correctly.

I will not complain because the remedy will be worse (more expensive) than the disease. I must to pay customs duties, also for the gifts.

If we take into account the UI, US$25 is a good buy, but US$39.95 is a steal.
Without the UI, US$15 is very expensive

I never had a Manker, but seeing this and added to the MAP… I think that I will never buy a Manker… they were dug the grave.
Banggood also has its share of responsibility

I hope that the unanodized version has better quality.

Señor Sintornillos:

I’m sorry about your experience. I feel fortunate to have been luckier. Other than the misshapen tube (but still functional) and poor clip (not very functional), I am very pleased with my BLF A6 SE.

I, too, am still waiting for my bare flashlights. We’ll see how much better they are. At least I won’t have anything to complain about the clips! 8)

I’ve found that the springs being off center comes in handy when ‘braiding’ them. :smiley:

I received my 3D sample today.

Every aspect of my sample that the organisers had direct influence over is flawless (I’ll elaborate).
The available choice of tints and the resulting performance and UI is perfect thanks to the hard work and effort of exceptional BLF members :wink:

However… Everything to do on the manufactures part (Manker) is absolutely laughable at best.

Much like the images from others, the emitter is off-centre and dirty, the battery tube is off-centre and unfinished resulting in the heading being offset when screwed down.
But worst of all is the condition of the clip, just look at it. It appears as if it were uncovered from the wreckages of the titanic then stuck onto the manufacturing line, it is literally full of rust.

I’ll reiterate this again by saying I am in no way blaming the organisers of this GB for the complete lack of product quality, but Manker instead. As g_sintornillos said above, it seems that Manker have dug their own grave with this one.

Despite that I’ll still be ordering the bare BLF A6 so I hope that it won’t have the same issues :slight_smile:

Am I the only one waiting for these to get better before I buy more? Am I waiting in vain?

The “better” has already happened. :Sp

So yes, you are waiting in vain. You might as well go ahead and buy 3 or 4 of them. Pick the one you like best, or lego parts around till you get one you like out of the 3 or 4 you bought. Then, sell the others to people who don’t know that they should care about off center emitters and tubes. J)

Please don’t get me wrong, the 3D tint and ToyKeepers UI is absolutely KICKASS! :smiley: I’ll be putting TK’s firmware in all my lights sooner or later.

It’s just that the (lack of) manufacturing tolerances leaves a little to be desired.

I agree 100%. These lights turned me off of going in on group buys in the future. Makes the Convoy bodies look world class.

Fortunately Banggood is working with me to get functioning lights, so I will commend them on that. Though I would have just preferred to have returned them as requested.

BLF :beer:
Banggood :beer:
Manker :weary:

I just got my bare A6, :frowning: and it has the purple AR lens. With the ugly green 3D tint beam as a result.
At least it was very easy to open the head on this as my anodized 3D A6 is totally stuck.
So i can fix the lens on the bare one or upgrade it to a triple.

But still it is weird that some of us are getting AR and some are getting plain glass lenses.

The stock A6 lens is 20.50mm x 1.5mm, i have ordered a plain glass one from kaidomain that is 20mm x 1mm i hope it fits, if anyone know about a lens that is closer in size and non AR please let me know :slight_smile:

Like many others I was looking forward to this light but the quality control issues will prevent me from ordering one because I don't want to play "may get a good one lottery". Maybe next time..

I am not saying to buy or no buy...that is up to the individual. At the same time the "complaints" that have been posted do not even compare with the number of satisfied purchases. There were many many of these A6's sold...far more than any other light in history (literally) ;)

For those that are leery of the A6...a Convoy host + 17DD (from Mtn) + an XPL on copper and you will have a jam up light ;)

Do we have a number?

+1

We had 902 on the sign up list. But then the flashlight went open for sale to the general public (and is still being sold). I’d be curious about the total number of flashlights sold to date.

All of my A6 imperfection complaints were eradicated as soon as I turned mine on :wink:

+1,000,000,000,000,000