GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

Ouch that 3C looks mighty green.

I am good with it the way it is, 6 second memory will be fine for this light. I am down for all 1A lights and would stay with this tint for my.purposes anyway… On the A6 GB, Manker has basically spoiled us with their responsive accommodations during that GB. I am good with trying the mode spacing change attempt, if you all think this can be done without killing the max amps… I am eagerly awaiting this light… Thanks for all the work!

I’m just browsing back through some of the pages of this thread, looking for lux numbers. I can’t remember if there actually are any. Did anyone test throw for this light? :~

In this thread there is mention of 29kcd @ 3.65A, so a bit more for the GB version.

Add 1x3C (NW) XML2

Ah, I see. Maybe GearBest could receive a sample with the mode spacing changes? Then they could just show us a video of them changing the modes. Since the idea behind the mode spacing is for there to be a visible, distinguishable difference in brightness, we should be able to tell from the video if they got it approximately right.

Actually I kind of like this idea. :slight_smile:

To be honest- I would prefer it other ways. I´d like to really see a good diference between high and turbo- if there is nearly not noticeable difference between them, there is no sense for me. Turbo mostly is used for showing off- no one needs to squeeze out the last lumen while walking around outside, for doing that, even the normal high is more than enough- so why two steps?

Not to even ask to change anything, but are we able to reprogram the driver?

I already have "ecoturbo" on the eagle eyes X6 and it kinda blows to be honest. I still love the light but the mode spacing makes it seem kinda goofy. The current numbers in Turbo are great for a light this size. If we could get the mode spacing better that would rock. The 6 second issue is a non-issue for for me. I'm really looking forward to this - Thanks to Kronological and all the other members for the effort.

Oops! Sorry about that! You’d think, as a photographer, I’d be all over the pictures side of things. Somehow the Flashaholic in me is a separate entity from the Photographer and I don’t mix em up a lot. Although my Flickr account won’t prove that out, almost all my stored pics there are flashlight related. (sad, I have no social life)

I’ll get some pics.

I do need to ask though, on the memory thing… this light sets the memory after 6 seconds of use. This does not mean that it holds that memory forever until you do something intentionally different.

What it means is, if you turn the light off before 6 seconds, memory will be set to next mode from the one it was in when you turned it off.

If you want memory set, you MUST leave the light on at least 6 seconds every time before you turn it off. Failure to run the light more than 6 seconds results in the default next mode memory.

So, changing this to 2 seconds would be helfpul, not otherwise.

No pictures in hand, but plenty others from my review including side by side with C8 etc.

HTH
Keith

I can only second that! 6 seconds is waaayyy too looooong. 2 seconds on a Qlite is already a PITA sometimes, the best is off time memory, like most Xtar and all Fenix lights have - that’s the way to go!

+1000 :smiley:

Don’t think that’s the way mode memory works. Even with your mode memory operation with 2 sec set, for example, if you turn on and then turn off, you are set to next mode — and there is no longer 2 sec set. You should not be setting mode memory with every use.

I think Dale knows how it works - he has a sample light. :wink:

Umm, ya the 6 second thing is a bigger deal than I thought. I hate next mode. Thanks for the clarification DB Custom.

Neither can we, twin towers, so it’s being addressed. We don’t plan on it being finalized with such a blatant oversight. :wink:

Thank you Dale!!! This is exactly what I’m talking about!!!

Please for the love of god make it 2 seconds. Or less.