BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Hank I like the way you are thinking.

But… I am sure you understand that “savings” when dealing with CNC machined parts amounts to shortening the time each unit is in the machine for the largest run possible.

Any short run changes even if they amounted to a shorter cycle time would probably still carry a higher unit cost. (depending of course on the actual run sizes involved).

As a consoling thought though until we get dedicated triple and quad units made it is nice to know that the current design is more flexible (with in real terms no decrease in performance). I completely get that if you increase the weight by X grams and also increase the surface area of the fins Y sq mm that the bias would be for increased performance.

But how much? Seconds at full blast max XXX set ups? or maybe if we are right on the cusp of one more 380ma chip that we can still hold onto without burning our hands?

But really how much does either of those (or similure) improvements make in real world performance?

So I am with ya, but things seem pretty good as the are also :slight_smile:

Bout FastTech, yes - they got their act together for the most part with shipping, packing, etc. Love their order history - best around, pics of every part in the order, etc. I got dozens of orders from them over the years, think starting in 2012. But for LED's - buyer beware. They got a few CREE LED's overrated in bins - XP-L HI V6's don't exist, but FastTech has them . Some of the CREE LED's are dead on and a great deal, others I suspect were overrated a bin or 2. The tint though has generally been correct as best as I could tell. I got an open ticket on the XPL HI V6. Another open ticket on the Eagle Eye X5, and the CS rep can't get it straight if it's in stock, whether it has a side switch or not -- she just continues to flip her statement on it with every post - it's a total joke. But... they are answering, and sort of trying anyway, even though I know the correct answer at this point.

On the topic of tints.

I understand that one of the gating items is emitter availability.

Personally I wanted to go on the record as saying/thinking that I don’t think 2 anything(a,b,c,d) is NW.

But in looking at the “the chart” I noticed that 4A is mighty close to 3D which I hope we can agree is the preferred NW tint. look at the chart and see that 3C is closer to the dreaded green I think we are all trying to avoid.

4A seems to be farther away from the greens and comes with a nice amount of rose (that thing that seems most lacking in the lower CRI tints)

So if it helps the brain trust, I would like to tender the idea that 3D and/or 4A are equally acceptable for the most requested (hardest to find in volumes needed tints) “NW”.

chart

I prefer the warmer neutrals in the 5 range (5B1, 5D2, 5D3...), plus the 4C and 4D. Downside is you have to drop a bin or 2, which is a big downside for me. 5000K is considered the NW cutoff, so 3C and 3D are at the top of the NW range, while 2's and 3A, 3B are considered CW. This is how it's been published in several places I found.

There was a version of this chart posted on BLF a while back showing the CW, NW, and WW ranges - good reference. I believe all the 5's are considered NW still, and 6's start the WW - not sure though.

Just have to get one head off the production line when it’s had only the front (emitter) and back (driver) holes cut and threaded — before introducing a cutter to the middle of the metal. Take that, drill one hole straight through the middle for wires. Try it as a triple. Then find someone with a lathe who could spin the head on that center drilled hole — and cut the fins deeper. Try it again.

Just sayin’ — as long as we can use the bezel and battery tube, those big X6 heads, if not carved out all hollow, would be fun to fiddle triples in.

Enough. If someone can get such an un-hollowed-out head from the source, someone will. My part in this is done (grin) as I’m not tooled up to make it happen.

Ordering a few emitters is a slightly different matter than ordering a thousand. :slight_smile:

These are just teasers or better stated almost teasers...at the moment intended for the SS/Cu sets. Cost is in addition to the sets.The box will be made to to house two lights and not one because shipping and manufacture WILL skyrocket.

holy poop.
…….
That’s the nicest flashlight box I’ve ever seen

Very nice box for sure but will it cost more then the lights?

Oh hell no! Kronos is in negotiation for pricing now. I have a very good idea but I just can't say yet......but I can say much cheaper than people will think when they see it in the shelf.

Not only you, this will also be true for the customs inspector - no chance that they will not sort this out to let me declare the actual price. :~

I would prefer a separate shipping in wastebags. :wink:

BTW the Box is not perfect yet, it needs a window, so we can see the tailcap glowing from inside. :bigsmile:

will the box also be number with the lights limited edition number ??

Important to note, this gorgeous box will not be standard. It will be available only as an option and ONLY available with the SS/Cu sets. Special lights deserve special boxes. ;)

No. Trying to avoid complicating things

Remind the shipper that declaring something a “gift” is not the least expensive alternative, for US customs.

Many China shippers mark everything as a gift.
They don’t understand what the “gift” option means.
The SS/CU lights will cross the threshold where that makes a difference.

Simple rule: Up to $100 is exempt for an item declared as a gift.
Up to $200 is exempt for an item for personal use.

There is No Duty for Flashlights imported into the US, with a declared value of less than $200.

My K40M - Duty Free

My SR52-UT - Duty Free.

This used to be a concern of mine until I found this out.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Well if the price of the “Special” box was in the $10 dollar range I think a lot of people would go for it as a extra.
Keeping the total cost under $100 for the set would be key as in “Yes Dear it was way under $100”

The box would also add a extra bit of protection in shipping which in itself would be worth something, at least to me.

You are lucky, here (Germany, EU) we have to pay 19% tax on all items over 22 EUR (23,30 USD) and the 22 EUR also includes the shipping costs, if there’s no free shipping.
So this flashlight set will become real costly.

Really? I would be sad if such a nice box would show dents from shipping, so there is also at least as much protection needed to ship the boxes.

Nice box! :slight_smile: looks really nice.

As long as it isn’t like 1/5 of the cost of the set I’m stoked.