BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Kronos, I am #114 on the aluminum list. Please change my request from NW to CW. Thanks.

Confused, would you use me as an example and tell me what I’m getting, My reservations are at 7, 8, 9, 10, and 113.

Sorry if its not too late would like to add a box to #246!
Thanks!

Southland, I believe you will be getting five sets, numbered 250 or lower. In each set, both lights and the box will have the same serial number. They will not be the specific numbers in your sign up positions.

Hypothetically, what if I was the very first request, and reserved a serial higher than 250? IOW, did you actually keep track of when who reserved what? Or do you instead mean any who reserved a serial of 250 or below with box, regardless of the sequence of when the reservation was made? Also, not clear if you really mean first 250 people, or first 250 reservations, as less than 250 people reserved more than 250 sets. Right? Announcement is mildly ambiguous, not trolling, just seeking clarity. Thanks.

Sounds like we are getting close to a go!

Don't want to seem too picky, but I was originally # 351, which I chose on purpose to get that number. I've now been bumped to # 352.

I'd like to be swapped back to # 351 if it's not too much trouble, thanks :) :beer:

FmC, if I’m understanding this correctly, doesn’t matter if your 351 or 352, you won’t be getting the numbers you reserved.

I say let the people get the numbers they reserved on the lights and leave all the boxes blank with no serial numbers. Of course I’d much prefer to have numbers 7, 8, 9, and 10 than something like 186, 187, 188, and 189. Low serial numbers are always more valuable than higher ones in the series.

It's not about the 'value', as I would not intend to sell the set, but more about a personal preference, with a number that has a personal significance :)

It was never promised that serial numbers would or could be guaranteed. It is a logistical nightmare to do that and avoid any mistakes or mishaps.

There are only 400 SS/Cu sets. That in itself shows how limited these sets are.

So I’am at # 228 will I get matching numbers?

I’m not an organizer and have no inside information, but I think you’re still wrong. There are 250 boxes with serial numbers. The number of people doesn’t matter. But since not everyone below 250 wants a box there will be people with reservation numbers above 250 who wind up in the “lower” group with the numbered box. And like always, from the very beginning, there are no guaranteed serial numbers!

But again that’s just my understanding.

It’s too bad we don’t have a second numbering system to use, one for slots and a second for serial numbers - it might help avoid confusion. Occupying any given slot does not reserve any particular serial number. It’s pretty clear to me, there are THREE piles of shipping cartons.

1. 250 SS/CU sets of lights with a presentation box, all with matching serials engraved.
  2. 150 SS/CU sets of lights with serial numbers engraved.
  3. Some unknown number of remaining boxes without serial numbers.

When BangGood is ready, Kronological will send out one of 2 different codes. Code A gets you a carton from the first pile. Code B gets you a carton from the second pile, and if you request it additionally, a carton from the third pile. When you place an order, a highly paid and skilled worker will walk up to the pile of cartons, grab the closest one, wrap it in bubble wrap and slap a label on it. When you open the package six weeks later, you will only then know what serial number you received. A ‘thriving’ aftermarket will then develop for some enterprising neutral third party to arrange trades between individuals for whom the number is important.

The elephant in the room is that nothing except honor is keeping those with Code A from ordering more than they reserved.

The above elephant has a twin in that there are people very high on the list who did not request a box, but are now guaranteed not to get a serial lower than 250.

You guys have fun here in first class, I’ll be back in economy playing with my AL version, pretending I’m not jealous.

It was posted in the OP back on 7/20/15……………

Everyone, please keep in mind that this is an interest list and nothing is written in concrete yet (specs, timeframes etc.)…including no guarantee of S/N assignment. As stated previously, it is likely to be a logisitical nightmare…so please don’t expect it! We will do our best to make it happen, but, ultimately, it is about the lights, not S/N placement

What if (like me) you've got 1 in the <250 en 1 above? I would receive two codes, but depends on my honesty to just order one with numbered box, doesn't it? Hope everybody will do this as requested.

+1 Some people get so worked up in their own little fantasy world. Then, when the real world doesn’t give them what their fantasy world promised them, they’re disappointed (to put it mildly). :zipper_mouth_face:

I just counted (whew!) and your second light request in the list is Box request number 245. You should be good. :wink:

Krono, while counting just now, it occurred to me that maybe the list should be re-ordered so that those requesting a box are listed first, and the others after. Then, everyone can see exactly where they stand on whether they get a serial matched box or not. And, it would make sending out codes a little easier, since there are separate codes for with or without serial matched box.

yep, it’s one of my favorites. My wife and I don’t drink alcohol, so we make a point to try as many kinds of root beer and cream soda as we can. I like Sprecher because 1: it’s delicious (top 10 of the 100+ that I’ve tried), 2: it comes in a 16oz bottle instead of the typical 12oz, 3: our local home improvement store (Menards) carries them so they’re easy to get and cheap.

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/soda.php

In response to the codes and quantities.....

We will just have to look at the possibility and feasibility of individual codes.

I’ve never heard of Sprecher. My favorite root beer is Barq’s and IBC is my second favorite.

Now I'm going to have to make a stop and pick up some root beer. We usually get A&W/Mug (cheap), or IBC (root beer and cream soda is delicious, but expensive). Haven't had any in over a year though.

Not many options around here and the shipping costs are horrifying. :(